Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Format: DVD|Change

4. Chasin' that neon rainbow

5. Don't rock the jukebox

6. Someday

7. Midnight in Montgomery

8. She's got the rhythm ( and I got the blues)

9. Tonight I climbed the wall

15. Gone country

16. Song for the life

17. I don't even know your name

18. Tall, tall trees

The overall picture and sound quality are quite good. Total playing time is approx. 75 mins. If you're a fan of Mr. Jackson, add this DVD into your collection now! Highly recommended. Hope this is helpful!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S TO MR.JACKSON AND ALL OF YOU!
11 comment|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon June 13, 2002
One of Nashville's supreme singer, songwriter and entertainer, Alan Jackson will forever be etched into the traditional country sound. Like Hank Williams, George Jones, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Waylon and Willie.....today, we have Alan Jackson!

Alan Jackson's music video collection begins with 1989 "Blue Blooded Woman" to "1995 "Tall Tall Trees".

The music video that propelled Jackson to superstardom, his "signature song" is "Here in the Real World" .....where the boy don't always get the girl! Probably no other music video reflects the development of his career like "Chasin' That Neon Rainbow" You'll see visuals of Alan "growing up" right before our eyes. I love the line.....daddy won a raadeeoooo...tuned it to a country show....

Each video is produced with a degree of excellence, whether it was homage to an idol, Hank Williams in the somber "Midnight in Montgomery" or "Livin' on Love." its message clearly, the adulation for his parents who survived on simple things in life....plain ole love. The fun ones are here, "Chattahoochee", "Mercury Blues" "Don't Rock the Jukebox" ....wanna hear some Jones......

Alan Jackson wrote much of his own music, but with collaboration and guidance, he sure picked 'em! In "Song for the Life", written by artist and songwriter, Rodney Crowell, memorable images of Jackson's string of videos enhance the lyrical tune. Storyteller songwriter Tom T. Hall wrote the upbeat "Tall Tall Trees" and who would ever think to countrify the Eddie Cochran rock oldie, "Summertime Blues"?

Others included are: "Someday", "She's Got the Rhythm", "Mercury Blues" to love's desperation "Wanted", and "Tonight I Climbed The Walls."

One of my favorites is "Gone Country" I like everything about that, image, lyrics, melody; its message of country gone pop.

Still some fine ones, "I Don't Even Know Your Name", "Who Says You Can't Have it All", "She's Got the Rhythmn".

It's hard to select a favorite, but I think it's "Gone Country". Alan Jackson is a legend! .....Rizzo.
on October 17, 2005
18 videos of Alan Jackson's greatest hits! If you don't get CMT (like here in Germany) and/or you prefer good qualitiy, you should not hesitate. (Only if you own a region-code 1 or 0 Player!)
on April 6, 2001
This is an awesome video. Alan is a true country artist. One of the best things about Alan is that he has stayed true to his roots. This is a great collection of his hits and a great view of Alan's sence of humor. If you like real country music, you will truly enjoy this collection.
on January 4, 2014
What more can you say except it is Alan Jackson. If you enjoy Alan's music you will like it. There are 18 of his top songs.
Blue Blooded Woman, Here is the Real World, Wanted, Chasin the Neon Rainbow, Don't Rock the Juke Box, Someday, Midnight in Montgomery, She's got the Rhythm, Tonight I climbed the Wall, Chattahoochee, Mercury Blues, (Who says) You can't have it all, Summertime Blues, Livin' on Love, Gone Country, Song for the Life, I do't even know your name, Tall, Tall Trees.
on August 30, 2011
All the other country singers could learn a thing or two from Alan Jackson.
He was smart enough to make a video for almost all of his recorded songs. Just try to find videos of many of the other country singers.
I'm thinking specifically of Carrie Underwood. She also has made several videos, but just try to find a collection of them on DVD. Also, I saw her give an incredible rendition of "Stand By Your Man" on one of the awards shows. Where is that?
Of course, many of the early artists we would love to be able to see on DVD were around before that technology became available, so a CD is the best we can do, but the DVD has made the CD obsolete, to my mind.
Anyway, Alan is great, and this DVD is wonderful. Fantastic. Just blows me away.
What a terrific age we live in - where we can amass a library of fantastic music videos and see, as well as hear, our favorite artists.
on September 24, 2012
I ordered this DVD music video collection for my son and I, we love Alan Jackson. The video is truly a treasure of some of his greatest works, with fun "extras" here and there. I couldn't believe the price, I would have spent a lot more for this DVD. Now I just hope another one is in the works for his current greatest hits.

Bottom line - so happy we bought this DVD!
on April 12, 2013
Alan Jackson, what more can you say. Entertainer of the year, multi ACM award winner. Humble guy! Love him! Just wish this included "Drive" and some of the newer stuff he did last decade. Hope there is a Video Greatest Hits, part 2!
on November 30, 2009
This was an very good representation of Alan Jacksons songs. It was in good order of presentation and well done. I would recomend it to any fan.
on December 10, 2014
My daughter is just 2 years old but she loves listing and watching alan Jackson songs on you tube :-) I just bought this CD so i could have some great songs of Alan on the go for iPad when i don't have internet to play on youtube.