Customer Discussions > Born This Way (Special Edition) forum

Album Cover Lady Gaga

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2011 10:28:37 AM PDT
gone says:
That has got to be the worst album cover I've ever seen. As a former addict of Lady Gaga I must say this album cover and her religious songs and references to religion have totally turned me off to her. Yes, she may have done the photo with her cell phone or felt it was different but come on? The dark cover is totally awful. Who can say this looks good? If you can then you have been brainwashed or have eye problems. If I saw her at night with this look I'd run for the hills. She looks like the wife of Dracula. Maybe possessed? Totally stupid if you ask me.

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 10:33:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2011 10:35:41 AM PDT
Jet says:
I hated the album covers at first. I was completely dissapointed.

But i've actually come to grow very fond of the close up shot of the DELUXE EDITION. It has this very gritty industrial tone to it that goes extremely well with the album.

I still wish she would've done completely magnificent since Gaga is the master of delighting your eyes with incredible imagery.

But i guess these album covers will do.

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 11:44:19 AM PDT
gone says:
Hi Jet,

Off topic I checked all your reviews and I must say we like a lot of the same stuff [although I don't do too many reviews]. In this discussion I will just have to agree to disagree with you. I have been known to change my mind often so anything is possible.

Can you explain how you grow fond of something? Isn't that like sleeping with someone that you don't like and later saying you got used to it? Well, most men probably do that because I've seen the ugliest women with the hottest men. Do, elaborate I'm curious!

Let me say my thoughts: Let me say your remarks on many artists are on the mark. I agree with you on Katy Perry. I won't put my thoughts as it strays from this.

Here goes:

Why would Lady Gaga offend some of her fans? Is she THAT selfish? Is selling albums more important to her than her image? What positive message did she get out of Judas? Seriously, she could have used another name. Did she not care about her Christian, Catholic, Muslims, or spiritual fans? Some may claim they are religious and say it's great -even Priests but not 100% found it that way. She's obviously running out of ideas.

These are the accumalated things Lady Gaga has done that has strayed me away:

(1) She seems to copy Madonna TOO much even on things like Letterman show, outfits, cones on breasts, movements, and personality.

(2) She stumbles on stage like crazy. It's like she doesn't take her s**t seriously. Drinking, drugs, and getting wasted seems cool to her-- just DON'T take it to the tours PLEASE.

(3) Her stage tour outfits are WAY too much.

(4) The dance routines are always the same. As a former hip-hop, ballet, and overall dancer I can see she lacks the "it" quality. Although some performances definitely hit the mark the majority don't. She's sloppy, unpolished, and all over the place.

(5) Her lyrical rhymes are weak at times. She really should get help with some of her songs. Doing her own writing is great but a little help isn't that bad too.

(6) Too superficial. When is she going to lay loose without globs of make-up, 9 inch heels, and ridiculous stuff? Sure she can spice it but how much is too much?

(7) Gender Bending coypying: Dressing like a man is the same thing Madonna has done. Seems to me she wants to get the gay fan base to worship her [again copying Madonna]. She's straight let's face it. What girl to girl relationship has she ever had? I don't believe she is bi for one minute. The same way Katy Perry also does this.

(8) Dark imagery: I DETEST her dark imagery of BTW video and album cover, and horns, outfits including her underwear, etc. NOT enough outfit changes on her shows. They all look the same. I can go forever on the darkness of her latest trend.

(9) Her black hair in her bangs---BOY THAT LOOKS bad - in the ugly sense. Her video Bad Romance had a stunning look why not go with that?

(10) Being stupid to be liked-- Saying it's cool to do weed, acid, have threesomes, etc . Excuse me but AIDS is a big deal and saying you had 3somes without any safe sex advertisement [like Madonna] is not the coolest. When a young teen experiences 3 or 4 somes the possiblity of AIDS and other STI/STD's not curable are high. Doing drugs is NOT cool. Elvis Presley died with that, Michael Jackson has his addictions and many super stars have died like Kurt Cobain, etc. She should really think about what she babbles.

Although, it's hard to imagine I was so big on her I really was. Just look at my reviews.

It was nice meeting you Jet. Your reviews were enjoyable as I read about 8 or more. Hope I didn't offend you that was not my intention. For you or any fans. On the contrary, getting expressed is probably a blessing in disguise for music artists!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2011 7:36:31 PM PDT
I totally agree. I can't stand the album cover. Unfortunately, the tone of the lyrics and videos are comparable. It is a shame to see someone so talented wallow in such filth. The Fame Monster (with its 8 tracks) achieved near perfection musically, IMHO, but the videos became too perverse to enjoy. Now she's taken it a step further by adding religious imagery to the decadence. I loved her also in the beginning, but will not buy this album.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 7:56:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2011 1:33:58 PM PDT
Scamp4553 says:
I think I may hate this stupid album cover more than any of you, especially in the expanded edition. It is just absolutely incapable of being looked at. I hate that album cover with a passion! It is totally stupid, pathetic, uninspiring, and every time I see it, I wish I could just hunt Lady GaGa down for doing that! This will probably forbid me from going to Wal-Mart or Target to buy ANY CD's, regardless of the genre or packaging. This started my huge hatred of Lady GaGa, and I believe after that, I will never stop hating her.

Reasons why this album art sucks:
1. It reminds me of a very mean teacher that yells at you to do your work.
2. Her hair is flying everywhere- maybe that's the inspiration for the song "Hair".
3. She put too much eye shadow on, and it looks hideous.
4. Most importantly, that red lipped mouth covers her whole face.
5. There is a mole on her face, as if she never had time to clean up her face from zits when she was my age.
6. She has huge buck teeth. Maybe SpongeBob wasn't the only gay supporter.
7. It just looks so freaking ugly.

But there are a few redeeming qualities to this junk:
1. Nothing
2. I was just joking. There are no redeeming qualities about this pathetic album cover.

Overall, I think this is just a very pathetic marketing ploy that should be stopped immediately. Lady GaGa is just a fraud, unable to impress anyone. I don't know what makes people call this artist "iconic". I would say that of Michael Jackson, not Lady GayGay.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2012 10:13:03 PM PST
icecube says:
your loss.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Born This Way (Special Edition)
Born This Way (Special Edition) by Lady Gaga (Audio CD - 2011)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (1,705)