Customer Discussions > Continuum forum

Album Sleeve

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 9, 2006 3:55:32 PM PDT
D. Gordon says:
I love how classic the album cover is. Just the album name, music by John Mayer, and the Columbia logo at the bottom. Can't wait for the album.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2006 5:38:34 PM PDT
elvishmonkey says:
I don't know if i want to buy this album or not. I was disappointed with last years "Try", and from the looks of the tracklisting, this will be very similar. Half of me is happy that he stopped writing crappy bubblegum pop songs like "Your Body Is A Wonderland", but the other half misses the really good ballads ("Wheel", "Split Screen Sadness")

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2006 11:13:36 AM PDT
TRY was John having fun by doing something different. It was a great blues album that demonstrated Mayer's ability to stretch beyond the Pop world. I have had a chance to hear some of the somngs on this new album, and if you are looking for a ballad or two you will not be dissapointed. "I'm Gonna Find Another You" is a great soulful ballad.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2006 12:27:43 PM PDT
Adam M. Koss says:
Elvish, you'll love this album. It's quite mellow, with Waiting on the World to Change being probably the most upbeat tune. For John's guitar fans (including yours truly), there is PLENTY of picking on this one. Check out the leak on www.clearchannelmusic.com

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2006 6:17:28 AM PDT
M. Vella says:
Yeah I definitely agree with Adam; I downloaded a leak and have found myself unable to listen to pretty much anything else for the last few days it's that good. I'll definitely be lining up to hear the full quality version from the store. So many good songs on this album it's almost impossible to choose a favourite at the moment!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2006 5:29:04 PM PDT
Try! Was and still is an amazing album.
Continuum is diffrent than try, but it is also an amazing album. It does have the ballads you are looking for. You won't be dissapointed.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Continuum forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 9, 2006
Latest post:  Oct 26, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Continuum
Continuum by John Mayer (Audio CD - 2006)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (604)