5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Phone for the Money
Published 11 months ago by Trevor L

2.0 out of 5 stars good, but definitely not worth it
This is a nice-looking phone - it's got a large screen and is thin and light. It also has plenty of space for apps which is great. However, it has a lot of drawbacks and, as much as i hate to say it, i regret buying this phone.

Published 9 months ago by Mor and Tookie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Phone for the Money, December 23, 2013
This review is from: Alcatel One Fierce Prepaid Phone (MetroPCS) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I was looking for an expensive T-Mobile phone for my wife. The Alcatel One Touch Fierce is a responsive Andriod phone with plenty of screen space and lots of horesepower for those on a budget. With it's 1.2 Ghz, four-core processor and 1GB RAM it provides plenty of power to run multiple apps and stream your music, movies and games. The 4.5", 240dpi screen is great on the eyes. Though the onboard storage is only 2GB it does feature a handy microSD slot where you can quickly and cheaply expand it to 32GB. Battery life is great owing to it's large battery and efficient operating system. The camera app is extra cool with lots of nifty settings to help you take the perfect photos. It even has a built-in radio receiver. My wife loves it.

2.0 out of 5 stars good, but definitely not worth it, February 6, 2014

The touch-screen is not precise and it often takes me 2 or 3 attempts at pressing a specific button/keyboard letter before it finally clicks on the correct one. On a related note, the swype typing feature on this phone often puts random capital letters in the middle of the word (ie: hEllo).

The worst thing about this phone though is probably its camera. It's 5 megapixel which is plenty, but it doesn't have the ability to focus properly. As a result, unless you're a specific distance from your subject, your picture will be a little blurry (or a lot blurry). This is especially annoying since i'm not able to use my bank's phone app to deposit checks (the app keeps telling me that the picture is too blurry).

The last thing I dislike about the camera feature is the lag from the time i press the 'capture' button, to the time it actually takes the picture. While better than my previous phone, it's still long enough that i often miss the shot.

Bottom line, this phone would have been amazing if the screen was precise and the camera was able to focus. Until it has those features (probably never), i would not recommend buying this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars My experiences, February 14, 2014
It took longer than the 2 day shipping promised from MetroPCS but it was $50 cheaper from another source. So I will update this review soon.

Review 0.1: Well I researched before buying this phone and it seems people aren't telling the truth this phone had from mixed to personally unfavorable results. After using this for 2.5 days it's worked as I would expect from a Quad-core processor and 1 GB RAM it's far snappier than some tablets I have used. It has Android 4.2.2(no users support). It has about 2GB for the user to use out of the 4GB for storage(Android OS takes about half of this device storage). The performance is comparable to the nexus 7 so far which is GOOD. Haven't had a lockup yet! I can multi-task easy. You may ask how much is its capabilities for Multi-tasking? the answer is simple I can opened 10 apps, at once, so far I tried but I had file transfers and FTP file sharing while download a huge file not a problem for this phone! I found myself in somber cause I had the Nokia 521 but windows phone 8 is so limited especially when my friend was showing off his S4, well this phone don't have any S4 problems that the S4 has and I can download and copy to my computer directly without work a rounds that I don't know if its safe or not<like Windows phone 8 has!

Rating as of 2.5 days:
Battery(non Removable minus 1.0): 10 hours of moderate usage. Good news, phone never gotten hot which is great for winter time lol no pocket warmers with this phone! At least, the hardware will last longer since it's not heated/overheated as much
Overall rating 4.0 out of 5!=S

Performance: Quad-core at it's finest! performance is level with Nexus 7 as far as I am concerned same with app compatibility only thing is that some apps is developed for the Tegra 3 or 4 which is annoying. Plays Plants VS. Zombies really well no slow ups so far! can get the same resume as the nexus 7 from multitasking overall a nice performance. Cellular Data not as restrictive as windows phone was, however spots sometimes that allowed full 4G capability had strange slow ups (minus 0.5 points) but they are switching to 4g from wifi and random ones are brief not terrible long times some stopped downloads but not complaining since it don't happen often at all! Got service underground where my windows phone struggled!
Overall rating 4.5 out of 5!=SS

Storage: 4.0 GB (2.0 GB available to the user not really a disadvantage since you get free 5 GB from google drive) expanded upto 32 GB officially but I plugged in a 64 GB flash drive so that's wrong :) That's right I said flash drive, but I have that ability since I own a nexus 7 they use the same USB micro type I Purchased the OTG cables I needed!
Overall Rating 5.0!!!=SSS

Durability: Well I dropped it on the floor no harm done :) Not waterproof by any degree minus 1 point why is this so important? well maybe you don't like using your phone in the rain? What if it's an important call and a lucky rain drop hits your mic or speaker that could mean your phone stops working maybe just the mic or speaker if your lucky that's why its important get a headset Bluetooth or wired!
Overall 4.0 out of 5!=S

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything is top notch but the camera, March 25, 2014
I bought this phone as my first foray into the smartphone world in a few years. My main goal was to get something that had little to no lag in the interface and a decent screen. I first bought the Nokia Lumia Windows phone and had some problems so I brought it back. I ended up with this and overall am very happy. I find that this phone is great for someone looking for an introduction to what an Android handset could be. It has it's flaws, but unless you need a camera, talk on the phone often or need wide viewing angles, then this is THE phone to get on Metro PCS.

Pros: Build is solid, this feels almost like it could be an Apple product. Big screen is a plus. Smooth interface, this runs much smoother than the Samsung Galaxy phones or anything else on Metro PCS. LED Notification light, it's only 1 color, but better than none. WiFi Calling/Texting works great for texting but there's some interference over calls. The battery is excellent, I've done nothing to the settings and I easily go all day on the battery while using it often. Overall a great user experience.

Cons: Colors get washed out quickly when not viewing screen directly, poor viewing angles. Ear becomes quickly uncomfortable with phone to ear due to "sharp" edges, I use sharp as a term since I can't think of another term. Camera is absolutely awful, don't expect to take any photos worth framing. The flash is awful and doesn't actually work on pictures, it's offset too far for it to do anything! The video capture is awful and laggy. Overall the camera experience is so sub-par I thought I was using a phone from a dumbphone.

If you want a phone for good picture quality or if you talk often on the phone then this isn't for you. If you want a phone that will provide the most seamless Android experience on Metro PCS when doing everything else then get this. This runs leaps and bounds smoother than the Samsung Galaxy phones. Hey Samsung, keep your damn "touchwiz" off your phones and you could compete.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad experience with this phone, May 14, 2014
I would recommend you stay away from this phone. It started tripping up on me only two months after I got it. After rebooting it, it worked fine for a little bit but than kept doing some crazy stuff within a month or so.. Three reboots later I gave up and got a new phone ( less than 5 months of having the phone). I only downloaded about 2 apps and had no music on the phone and barely did any browsing so, it was not malfunctioning because of overload. Had a tiny crack in the corner so lost all my $ on it. Very sleek phone and slips really easy from your hands. If you do buy one, a cover is a must right away. It's a cute phone and easy to use but even a lady from Metro PCS store says they are having lots of problems with phone... Beware!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, May 9, 2014
its good, the equipment is very nice, he have much application and its used very easy. thank you for all.
I need more equipment coming soon

1.0 out of 5 stars Video does not record properly unless you have 100% light, October 30, 2014
Video does not record properly unless there is 100% light. There is no way to change the settings. So if you do not turn on every light in the house, open every window, and it's day light outside your video will be black to the point you cannot see the images in it. I've tried to change settings, contacted Alcatel, and went on discussion boards to find a fix. Everyone else who had this problem was not able to fix it. There is no fix for it. The camera feature works fine with low light, just not the video.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great., October 2, 2014
I took my LG phone into the phone store to get fixed and it ended up broke even more so they replaced it with this one. I was kind of happy, it doesn't look bad for an off brand phone. It is super fast and holds a lot of storsge. I've had the phone less than a year and it's starting to give me problems. The screen will black out at certain times and the charge only lasts a few hours now even with a new charger. I know it's going to just stop working on me one of these days...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very smooth,for a "Nice" deal...(Metro Pcs), February 24, 2014
Owned for About 3 weeks now,and I must say,im very surprised.After all the reviews ive read,good and bad,I still went on and bought 1_"These are my Opinions".It has a very smooth design,coupled with a comfortable fit in your hand.The Display,is pretty nice but with the 4.5" screen, it picks up the slack.The only problem,is the imbedded battery,which rates it at only 4 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so great phone, July 31, 2014
The phone works fine. My main complaint is the fact that it doesn't provide 3 g coverage as an alternative of reasonable 4 G speed. it's either a powerless 4 g or a dead bit 2 g and it can get very slow in rural areas as far as data connection . i'm looking at getting a better handset anyway. The battery on the other hand is non removable. So good luck rebooting the phone when it freezes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›