5.0 out of 5 stars my bag
I bought an AG Union backpack about 2 years ago. I have been using it heavily since then. The design, shape, and size are really great for an all around backpack. It is definitely the most ingeniously designed piece of apparel I own, the attention to detail is inspiring.
Published on May 3, 2012 by Expat Ben

3.0 out of 5 stars Will be a perfect bag with a few modifications
The bag is beautiful. But the straps are a little too wide so they keep slipping off my shoulders and I don't have a narrow frame. Also the straps don't hold their position. I haven't figured out what makes them slide all the way to their full extension but it can be frustrating. Other than a few creative adjustments I have to make, the bag is awesome.
Published 8 months ago by Potent Menagerie

5.0 out of 5 stars my bag, May 3, 2012
This review is from: Alchemy Goods Union Backpack, Made from Recycled Bike Tubes, Ash/Black (Sports)
Sometimes I use it to carry very heavy items, like four 1.25 inch thick full size text books, or two medium format cameras with lenses and tripod. I also live in China and travel a lot, so I use it as my carry-on bag on the plane.

I take this bag on my daily commutes to work on my motorcycle, sometimes through the rain. The bag has proven rain proof at high speeds many times and the two reflectors in the back give me a sense of safety on the road.

I get compliments and comments like "is that thing made out of..." while they inspect it, love it!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Will be a perfect bag with a few modifications, December 10, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, April 23, 2013
It holds a ton of stuff, sits comfortably on my back and seems to be completely waterproof, judging by the downpour I went through last week. The water just beads up and you can wipe it off. The only quibbles: since the top is only covered by a flap, water could possibly get in the top during really heavy rain (this did not happen to me yet); also, the straps are adjustable and sometimes they adjust to full slack when there is no tension (but the straps are very easy to adjust, which is important to do to suit each load and, while wearing it, the straps stay put very well).

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, well-built commuter/all-rounder backpack, June 13, 2012
Jacob Young (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This backpack is one of the greatest things I've ever used. I've had mine for over a year now, and it shows very little wear, as opposed to my Timbuk2 backpack...that sadly, I have to replace about every year. The build quality and attention to detail are only something you can get in a small-production shop (in my opinion) and this definitely has it. It is nice that it is made from recycled materials, and it absolutely gets a lot of compliments. But it is understated enough to not be flashy.

Reflective striping in the back has saved me numerous times, I just know it.

Rate and Discover Movies