Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on August 18, 2004
This is a superb screw extractor set. I bought it today to remove a 6mm screw shaft that I accidentally sheared off in a toy I was putting together for my son. I was in a hurry so I paid $52 for it at the hardware store... the Amazon prices are much better.

At any rate, these are great, you don't need a tap wrench or a separate drill bit; just put one of the heads in your power drill like you would any other drill bit and it'll bore a hole down through the screw and then extract it in short order. The one thing the (well written and comprehensive) directions said to do in addition to making sure the bit is centered is to stop regularly to remove the metal shavings that come out of the screw as you're boring through it (which I did and it worked great).
on July 26, 2011
I purchased this set because I needed a bold extractor set. Problem is that I've tried to use it now on a half-dozen occasions - all were unsuccessful. All it did was make the worn out screws involved having a bigger gapping hole. This set has not worked for me at all - but you don't know until you try it.
on March 20, 2011
OK.. Lets face it. A broken bolt or screw is a pretty bad place to start out. I bought this set along with a more expensive bolt remover design. Neither this set nor the more expensive bolt remover design did the trick. I was able to remove the bolt the old fashion way... by drilling through the entire bolt which takes time, effort and patience. Had i just started out with this remedy in mind, i would have saved money, time and wasted expectations. While the design of these tools may work well enough on paper... they certainly did not work on the metal embedded bolt.
on November 28, 2014
Used 2 times with different sizes, each one broke. Right idea, wrong materials. Maybe OK for screws in wood but can't recommend for bolts or screws in steel.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2014
Careful when removing small screws or nuts, the full out will break if your not careful
on July 24, 2013
Bought it for my roommate. Don't know much about it except that he said it worked fine. Good price for the value.
on September 12, 2014