Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 9, 2010
The headline says it all. A total newbie can easily dial in whatever they need, and a pro can meticulously trim/edit/etc every aspect of the reverb and other effects (which only sound better when you run them stereo). Simply put, the SOUND of the reverb this unit producess is unmatched in any device I've ever used. I've used it for virtually every instrument, and it always blows away any competition (makes the Holiest Grail sound like a pile of junk).
The 128 pre-sets are diverse and amazing, and the additional 128 programmable slots make it super easy to dial in a series of settings in a row for live sets or individual tracks. Add a simple footswitch (I used my fender amp switch) and you get even more control. This unit has yet to meet its match...or anything close. Alesis's crowing achievement.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 1, 2015
The MidiVerb 4, like it's predecessors, is an adequate tool to shape the sound of live or recorded audio.

The Midiverb 4 uses 18 bits per sample on both the analog to digital and digital to analog conversion and at a 24 bit depth for the internal processing, it's better than CD quality.

It has two ¼ inch inputs and outputs and a bypass. You can use it with an assignable foot switch and it will set it's input levels automatically.

Reverb-Chorus-Delay-Flanging-Rotary-Pitch Shift

It will allow you to use three of these effects simultaneously.

It comes with 128 factory presets and 128 user presets. I loved these back when they came out as a learning tool. If you don't know what an early reflection sounds like...well here's your chance to hear it and at different distances and from different densities. Now insert about 50 other acoustical terms and electronic terms and early music and recording inventions instead of early reflection and you'll see what I mean about a learning tool.

Whether it's this model or brand or another one like it, these inexpensive multi effects units are great for live sound and adequate for project studios too. I've used Lexicon and Digitech....Yamaha and E-V and the difference within the same approximate price range is more operational than the sound quality and I like using Alesis.

Because using it is easy....and learning how to fully utilize it, will help you to understand a lot more about audio and will improve your ability to create and recreate it.

I can recommend this unit.
on September 6, 2013
This is a great unit! Its interface is ridiculously easy to use, the effects sound studio-worthy and the footswitch input is super easy to change its function (program up/down and bypass capabilities). All in all, this unit is well worth the money, and I will never not use it...
on April 17, 2014
Superb quality as expected, if you're familiar with this brand then you know what it's all about, couldn't ask for more.

Thank you Amazon for selling professional music gear on your site.
I dread the thought of stopping in my local Guitar Center to buy anything.
Anyone that's had that experience knows what I'm talking about.
Received it in just a couple days in flawless condition right to my door.
No traveling around and haggling with vultures who work off of a commission.
on July 19, 2012
This Was a great deal on this effect processor and as well as the shipping was very fast and prompt.I would recommend everyone one this effect processor for good quality effects and inexpensive price tag.
on August 2, 2013
Provides with good voice effects, just what I need.
The packaging and delivery was great.
I recommend to who ever need a voice effect to sound better though natural.
Joel
on March 2, 2009
I always wanted a Midiverb 4 and now they are cheap and so I bought one. Its a great little unit. I received an owners manual with it also. Works great and I couldn't be happier.
on December 2, 2014
The midiverb is one if not the best studio grade effects rack i have ever used.i use it with my two loopers, ravish sitar,freeze and reverse delay. Great pro sounds, that works well with my old school analog recording studio. I played a fender strat and the sounds from the midi verb are mind blowing.love it,
on November 19, 2013
I really didn't like this. It made too much of a hissing noise. The quality was really poor. Funny because it was really expensive. Maybe I got a bad unit. Anyway I sent it back. Wouldn't buy Alesis again.
on December 16, 2014
Very easy to set up, lot of preset to choose from. Nice echo and make me sound like half a singer. Great product.