INSTANT DRUMS FOR ON-THE-GO MUSICIANS. Alesis knows drums. Our SR16 has dominated the drum machine market since 1990 and continues to be in-demand today. Following in the tradition of its relative, the next-generation SR18 is loaded with cutting-edge drumsets, electronic drums, one-shot hits, and modern percussion sounds for any cutting-edge musician’s performances and compositions. From hip-hop to country and everything in between, SR18 nails it on the first take. SR18 has an effects engine with Alesis reverb, EQ, and compression so you can output recording or performance-ready sounds. Dynamic Articulation™ enables sound to change in color and timbre, the same way that acoustic instruments do for truly realistic performances. SR18 can be powered by AC or batteries, so whenever or wherever you need to lay down a groove, you’re ready to roll. It’s time for the next Alesis drum machine.
The next-generation Alesis SR18 drum machine is loaded with cutting-edge drumsets, electronic drums, one-shot hits, and modern percussion sounds--from hip-hop to country and everything in between--for any cutting-edge musician's performances and compositions. It also offers an effects engine with Alesis reverb, EQ, and compression so you can output recording or performance-ready sounds. And Alesis' exclusive Dynamic Articulation feature enables a drum sound to change its tonal content as it's played harder--just like an acoustic drum--for truly realistic performances.
You can plug in an instrument, such as a guitar, and play along for setup simplicity. You can play in bass parts using the pads on the SR18 or connect a MIDI keyboard for fast, musical low end. The SR18 can be powered by AC or batteries for on-the-go composition
- Large, 32 MB sound set with percussion bank and bass synth
- Over 500 drum and percussion sounds and 50 bass sounds
- Built-in Alesis effects: reverbs, EQs, and compression
- Pattern Play Mode enables different patterns to be triggered from the pads directly
- Programmable Drum Roll function
- Mute/Solo Function: mute drums, bass, and percussion or individual pads
- Flexible wall (adapter included) and battery powering (six AA, not included)
- Backlit LCD
- 100 preset patterns, 100 user locations
- 12 velocity sensitive pads
- Tap tempo for instant beats exactly as you want them
Discerning ears will notice that each sound is actually a series of different samples; multiple dynamic-level samples and articulations are all built in so as you play harder and softer, the drum or cymbal changes its timbre, not just its volume. This engineered realism is known as Dynamic Articulation, an Alesis exclusive.
This results in sounds that respond accurately not only to dynamic changes, but also with the appropriate timbral and color changes you'd expect from their acoustic counterparts. You can play with or without reverb for different room sounds and enjoy a wide variety of rimshots, rim clicks and different stick-placement sounds on the cymbals. The Random Sample feature also ensures you don't get the same sound twice for further creative realism.
- Sound set: 32 MB, multi-sampled
- Polyphony: 32 voices
- Inputs: 1/4-inch instrument (guitar)
- Outputs: 1/4-inch stereo pair, 1/4-inch TRS, 1/4-inch TRS stereo headphone
- MIDI: in, out/thru
- Footswitch: two inputs - start/stop, count/A/B/fill