5.0 out of 5 stars Alessi 9090/6 Stovetop Coffee Maker, October 4, 2010
This review is from: Alessi 9090/6 Stovetop Espresso Coffee Maker 6 Cup (Kitchen)
Best stove top coffee top pot that I have used. I have tried 7-8 over the past 10 years. The end product may not be be an expresso by some standards, but it it will make 2 cups of hardy French or Italian roast. Compared to the competition, they last forever!! Most of the competition require parts replacement or use too much aluminum in their construction (shortens top top life). Pricey - BUT, the Alessi folk's have figured it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly, August 21, 2008
WTL (California) - See all my reviews
Aug. 21, 2008: I don't even drink coffee, but I got a similar-looking one for my wife a couple of years ago - looks the same except it doesn't have the black stripes around it. It's high-priced and I don't know why - but it's stainless steel, not aluminum, takes a high polish, nice looking. But the main thing is, my wife loves it - she has espresso twice a day, and for awhile she kept trying to use her Saeco machine, but it always needed expensive repairs and was kind of a hassle to use. For the last few months she's been using just this little pot, twice daily, it's fast and simple and works perfectly. There's no big production number required to get espresso into her system (that's good for me, too!). She can do without the crema, and she finds it makes as good or better espresso than she can buy anywhere. I could have gotten her a cheaper one that works just as well, probably, but this was a special gift so I didn't mind the extra cost. She loved that it's in MoMA. It's that kind of thing that makes a gift out of the ordinary.

July 9, 2014: Getting a comment on my review prompted me to write an update: The Alessi is still working, ALMOST perfectly. After six solid years of twice-daily use, it's begun to leak around the nut on the front of the bottom section when you pour. Not badly, but hot water does drip out when pouring. I can't see what that nut is even for, or how to fix the leak - no rubber seal is evident. But the little thing is still chugging along, making perfect espresso every time - I figure at least 4,000 cups of espresso. Good Lord! "Honey, did you know you've drunk 4,000 cups of espresso? Plus the ones you get at Starbucks?" Wife: "I'm not awake yet. Wait till I've had my morning espresso."

Rate and Discover Movies