Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ALEX Toys Active Play Monkey Balance Board
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on June 24, 2007
I got this toy for my 4 year old daughter. At first she wasn't that impressed; she had been hoping for a princess toy. But once she tried it, she loved it. She gets on it all the time while she is watching TV, and she also uses it as a platform for her toys and stuffed animals. It is small enough to not be a storage problem and a great way to encourage physical activity when it is too hot or cold to go outside. There is no weight limit on the product, so I've even tried it out myself!
0Comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2010
I'm a Physical Therapist Assistant I provide home physical therapy for kids with special needs an this is a great toy! My kids absolutely love it when Alex comes out to play and it is super durable I can't tell you how many times I have dropped it or my kids have dropped it. There are quite a few dents and scratches on it now but I use it way more than the typical kid would. Good bright colors I have my kids tell me what color Alex's belly is or I will have them find his eyes and ears. Really great very durable good for gross motor and balance skills. Will buy again when mine finally breaks :)
33 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2014
My daughter has sensory issues and I saw her occupational therapist had one of these in her office. Since we can't make it to therapy every week I've tried recreating the OT's office at home. This is s hit.
on September 17, 2007
This is one of the few toys that my kids actually play with. I love that they're getting balance workouts while playing, and they love "surfing" like Daddy. It didn't break under my 250 pound brother, either. Great toy.
on April 30, 2015
We received one as a gift a while back from a close family friend! When I saw this listing I just had to add my 2 cents lol

My daughter is 3 almost 4 and she absolutely loves it! She's often playing on hers and she likes to show off how she can jump on and balance.

She's not the only one who likes it either. I babysit my 5 year old cousin and she also likes when I bring out "oops monkey"(that's what she call it)

I weight 262 pounds and I stepped on it and balanced upon it with no problems at all! So I can honestly say its strong and durable!!

It's was really great for my daughter whose severely autistic and needed help learning how to balance.

But it's just a fun toy for a child with no physical challenges. Lol I don't want to say normal cause some may find it offensive but as a mom of a child with a disability, it personally doesn't bother me. I am just trying be respectful to those who would.

The picture is my lil cousin. My daughter wouldnt stay still for a picture. That girl runs a mile a minute lol
review image
VINE VOICEon December 2, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My two testers had a blast with this Alex Balance Board. They range in age from 2 1/2 to 13. The board can support weights in excess of 200lbs, and is very durable, its been dropped many many times by my toddler. Both kids had a blast with it, the 2 1/2 year old has the idea of it, and will be great to help her with her coordination and such. Given my son is special needs he really has fun with toys as such and they help him out too with his coordination. It did take some time to build, screw holes were a bit off but once built it is a very durable product that will last for a very very long time and take plenty of abuse and give lots of lessons with balance and coordination to your young ones!

Update: We have had this for a month and a half now and over a few weeks my daughter really learned how to balance herself on it, holding on at first, moving it to furniture to help her get her balance, then proceeding to move it away and try. We still think its a great product:)
on October 31, 2015
My son has autism and sensory processing disorder and this has been a great toy for him. I had researched sensory toys and found that balance boards and discs play a unique role in sensory integration therapy. It helps with his balance and improving his proprioceptive sense, as well as his coordination. It really is such a simple toy, but I really think it helps improve some of his difficulties that come with the sensory processing disorder. It is a great sensory tool that you can use at home, but he just sees it as something fun to play with. It's also not very large, so it doesn't take up a whole lot of space to store when not in use. I do recommend using it on a sturdy surface and make sure that the child has a good sense of how to use it properly so that it doesn't slip out from under them. Even my 2 year old uses this and they really enjoy seeing how long they can balance on it or what little tricks they can do.
on November 14, 2013
this is fun. You need a drill to put it together. I tried with a screwdriver and... no. So, that was unexpected (maybe I just didn't read that I'd have to put it together).. but well, you do. 3yo caught on quickly. It's fun. Not overly fun.. but good gross motor in the house on a cold winter day.
on July 4, 2013
I use this to help build my center core and balance when standing at my sit-stand desk at work. It's very solid and was easy to put together. Even though it's sold for children, it supports up to 200lbs, so adults can use it too. I will eventually graduate to something more intense, but this is a great beginner item for me.
on June 6, 2012
Based upon the picture I had believed the board to allow rocking in 360 degrees. The board only allows side-to-side rocking and therefore is limited as a balance trainer. However, it is inexpensive and solid.