Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on March 9, 2010
I bought this String a Farm for my handicapped daughter, not knowing whether she could string the blocks or not, but to my amazement she figured it out immediately! This toy is very easy for her to handle and manuever and she was so pleased with her success! Highly recommend this sturdy toy.
0Comment39 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2009
This toy is terrific for two-year-olds. My daughter loves stringing the animals and other farm related beads. She especially likes the tractor and the chickens. The farm pieces do make quite a noise when dumped off the string, but that doesn't bother us. This toy is durable, colorful, and fun.
11 comment40 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2009
Great toy for stimulating language skills and fine motor skills. Easy for little ones to handle and kids love to string them. Great for theme building. Durable with bright colors.
11 comment22 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2010
My two year old loves this product, I love it because the "needle" is quite long and allows her to (relatively) easily slide the "beads" on. My twelve month old also loves this product! The animals are all smooth, no rough edges, so no safety concerns. You can do so much with this product aside from physical manipulation with the hands, but you can also teach about animals, colors, etc. I highly recommend this product and will be purchasing this product as a birthday gift for other two year olds! Well worth the money!!!!
on October 10, 2009
My daughter received this as a gift for her 2nd birthday. We didn't think she'd quite be able to string the pieces on by herself, but within 15 minutes of trying it she got the hang of it and could do it with no help. It really keeps her busy as she's stringing the farm pieces, but she also loves to stand all the pieces up and play with them without the string. An excellent toy!
on January 28, 2012
I love the great shapes and illustrations on the beads for this stringing toy. I think it is superior to most stringing sets because each bead is different and that can encourage imaginative play. My main issue is that once my daughter learned how to string the beads once (didn't take long), she was done. She has only stringed the beads a total of 5 times in the time we have owned it. Maybe other children enjoy these toys more but it wasn't a huge hit at my house. The bonus was that the beads are large, high quality wood and can be used to act out farm scenes.
0Comment27 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
My 16 month old granddaughter loves it. Very easy for her to string animals and learn the different type's.
The only negative thing is, it's made in China. Little kids put the blocks in their mouth. I hope the paint on the blocks is safe.

Too bad, we can't manufacture it in the U.S.A.
on February 12, 2013
This is really cute. If you are going to decorate with it, perfect! If you are purchasing it for a toy, don't! After literally the first hour, the paint was coming off of the animals and they were trash. Very disappointing. My little boy loves farm animals and I thought this would be perfect for him. Very poor quality.
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was actually surprised by how much my kids liked this toy. It's a series of wooden animals with a hole through them and a long string with a wooden stick at the end that can thread the animals. I naturally assumed the kids would get bored of this quickly, but surprisingly they haven't yet. The wooden pieces are very durable, were well designed, and are brightly painted. The wooden "needle" at the end of the thread makes it easy for a child to thread the animals on the string (my 2 year old had no problems with it). I'm sure the limited possibilities will eventually bore my kids, but they haven't yet.
review image
VINE VOICEon November 23, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This stringing toy can be entertaining when used to encourage storytelling. Children unfamiliar with farm animals will need some guidance. When I introduced this toy to some preschoolers I made up a story as I showed them how to string the objects onto the cord. The set includes wooden farm animals, including chickens, sheep, cows, a horse, and duck. There is also a barn and an apple tree.

PROS:

~Very colorful and sturdy
~Objects are well sized for little hands
~Easy to string the objects on the cord using the wooden dowel on the end
~Objects can stand on their own so can be used without the cord to just play

CONS:

~Despite the farm theme, there is no farmer, which hampers the storytelling aspect
~The cord is merely glued to a stopper at the end of the cord, making it highly likely it will come off. Also, the children kept picking at the hole, trying to get the glue out.

I feel that this toy succeeds best when introduced with some storytelling to ensure children know all the animals and other objects. I was very pleased with the durability of the toy but would encourage amending the design with a better stopper on the end of the cord and adding a farmer, although it might be difficult to avoid stereotyping the farmer object.