on May 17, 2005
In The Alexandria Project, the second book in his series "The Engineering of Psi," Stephan Schwartz continues to advance the state of the art in remote viewing by applying it in the real world to archaeological digs. He describes how he assembled a team of people of various talents, including remote viewers and scientists, and applied their expertise in exploring the city of Alexandria in ancient Egypt. His techniques begin with map-based remote viewing, in which viewers specify locations on maps where they believe important archaeological artifacts may be found, and culminate with work on site in Egypt. Included are accounts such as the one where his remote viewers took him to a particular location in what appeared to be open desert, put stakes in the ground, and told him that if he would dig at those spots he would find the walls of an ancient building at a certain depth. Details included such things as tiles of a particular color. Digging revealed the walls of an ancient building at the specified locations and at the specified depth. Tiles were found of the specified color. In addition to the work on land, explorations were carried out under water by divers in the nearby harbor. Throughout the process, records were meticulously kept and notarized, and most of the work was captured on film and tape. Evidence like this runs throughout this well written book, as Schwartz and his team take remote viewing from the laboratory into the field with remarkable results. Original discoveries include the Eastern Harbor of Cleopatra's Palace, the Lighthouse of the Pharos, and others. Schwartz also embraced traditional technology by persuading Harold "Doc" Edgerton, a scientist/engineer/inventor and a pioneer in side scan sonar, to join the group for a few days in the harbor work. Combining the tools of remote viewing and the tools of traditional technology proved to be an extremely viable approach. One could say that these archaeological finds might have been made without the use of remote viewing. True enough. But the fact remains that many people have been looking for these places for many years without finding them; this team succeeded in comparatively a very short time. This book is for any reader with an interest in remote viewing or the psychic, whether a believer or a doubter, provided he can approach data that might not fit into his pre-existing world view with an open mind. If the reader also has an interest in archaeology--even better! This is a paradigm-shifting book describing a remarkable piece of work. I would suggest reading The Secret Vaults of Time (the fascinating first book in his "Engineering of Psi" series) before this one, although this is not absolutely necessary.
on November 13, 2005
An astonishing book on archeology with the involvement of Psychics.You must read this book if you are a lover of archeology.I was born in Egypt, and lived in Alexandria, and indeed I went around and looked for these places.They have been discovered, and are now open to public viewing.

However, there is so much about Alexandria that has not been discovered, that writing one book about it is definetely not enough.

I have seen many of these sights, including the monastery in the desert.That was over 30 years ago, when the monk told us about a grave behind the altar.

Read it and enjoy it, you will never forget this book.I purchased it over 30 years ago, and until now it is puzzling me.

Were Lake Marriout is, used to be an old city.I did not have the chance to visit and see it.I will hopefully do so with some friends soon.
on June 6, 2011
For anyone who wants to step *well* beyond the bounds of their everyday experience, this is a perfect read for you. Ahead of its time :D the book represents "extreme archaeology" before the field ever existed in the minds of reality TV producers. And it's not the author's first book about archaeology with psychics on the team, or even his first project. Stephan had already penned "The Secret Vaults of Time" before this, and had conducted many other projects using intuitives with great success. So you can expect the author's explanation of the subject to be especially rewarding. Naysayers can only walk away, speechless.

About the time of the book's writing and the expedition it describes, I'd met its author, Stephan and one of the Alexandria expedition team members. Stephan's work is so good, so unusually scientific, that one of my normally conservative, very successful, internationally-renowned university professors even called me about it at that time; he was ebullient about Stephan's results and wanted to consider his help.

Back then I was afraid of what Stephan's Alexandria teamwork meant, and especially the skills and histories of one of the team's intuitives, George McMullen. I put the book aside and did my best to forget what what it contained. I thought what they were writing about was beyond my ken and need.

As it turns out, I was mistaken ;) Now I'm in a different place of consciousness and better understand what the book means. When I re-read The Alexandria Project a few days ago, I'm reminded how astonishingly special this project was. And I'm deeply honored to have (since that time) met and talked with George and Brando Crespi, as well as Stephen. These people are among the truest empiricists you'll find in this life or any other.

If you enjoy the true excitement which comes with acknowledging the astonishing abilities of which people are capable, this will be one of your favorite reads.
Intriguing
This isn't the first book on the same theme that I have read but it reminded me that we humans are still very ignorant of our capabilities, what's a pity considering the enormous amount of resources that is being spent to make electronic devices in order to enhance the few of them that science has succeeded to identify as far. My hope is that science will pay attention one day to those accounts and focus its efforts in learning how to develop in all men and women the capabilities that are dormant in them.
on December 29, 2010
A great read for the layman on how to use psychics to improve your scientific endeavers. I love the way that Stephen Schwartz makes mistakes with how he uses his psychics, learns from his mistakes, and moves on. I think that this book was way before it's time. Also an entertaining Egyptian travelogue combined with an interesting cast of characters. This book is proof that sometimes non-fiction is much more fun and entertaining that fiction.