- Save 5% on Ivation Wireless Remote BBQ Meat Thermometer when you purchase $4.00 or more of Ivation Wireless Remote BBQ Meat Thermometer offered by DBROTH. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on Ivation Portable Ice Maker with LCD Display when you purchase $4.00 or more of Ivation Portable Ice Maker with LCD Display offered by DBROTH. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on Amazing Sound Bluetooth Speaker- NFC - 16 Hrs Play Time when you purchase $4.00 or more of Amazing Sound Bluetooth Speaker- NFC - 16 Hrs Play Time offered by DBROTH. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker w/ FM Radio & LCD Display when you purchase $4.00 or more of Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker w/ FM Radio & LCD Display offered by DBROTH. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
2-Year PC Peripherals Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- No deductible, replacement via Amazon gift card reimbursement for valid claims
- Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
Alfa R36 802.11 b/g/N Repeater and Range Extender for AWUS036H
|Price:||$59.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Firewall with SPI to protect the internal host from hacker attacks. Wireless security is comprehensive and included WPA/WPA2 PSK
- Create instant WiFi hotspots at any location where you have a 3G connection or with a Signal Picked up by the AWUS036H
- 3G feeure allows you to Share a Mobile Broadband Internet Connection with Ethernet wired, and Wireless B/G/N clients to create a 3G Hotspot
- Use your AWUS036H Longe Range Adapter on multiple computers! Simply Connect the AWUS036H to the R36 router and you can Creast Wi-Fi hotspot from the AWUS036H
- Fetures WDS, Dual SSIDs, Static Routing, QoS and more , Please check the images for troubleshooting steps
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Do you live in an area where Hi-Speed Cable or DSL are not an option? Would you like to create your own Wi-Fi Hotspot anywhere? Alfa introduces its new 3G Modem Router to allow you to get Hi-Speed internet Access anywhere you get a cellular signal. Simply insert your 3G modem USB into the router and you are all set.
* High Speed Data Rates Providing faster data rates of up to 150Mbps and is compatible with legacy 802.11b/g equipment
* Advanced Robust Security - Firewall with SPI to protect the internal host from hacker attacks. Wireless security is comprehensive and included WPA/WPA2 PSK
* WDS, Dual SSIDs, Static Routing, QoS and more
* Security: Access Control Policy - MAC filter - DMZ Host - SSID Broadcast disable - Wireless MAC address Filtering - WEP Encryption - WPA-/W PA2-PSK (Pre-shared Key) - WPA/W PA2 Enterprise mode (802.1x) - WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)
* Shares high speed cable/xDSL Internet connection - Static Routing - VPN Pass through - NATP - 802.11e WMM - IGMP Proxy - Dual SSIDs - T
* Dimensions: 93 x 70 x 26mm
* Weight: 74g
Top Customer Reviews
High speed wireless stable connection 24/7 since I setup the r36
The latest firmware is already installed.
Didn't need to install anything onto my laptop.
Below are instructions for repeating a signal from a neighbor for example.
1. Just plug the awus036h into the r36
2. Wirelessly log onto 192.168.2.1
3. Click "easy setup"
4. Click "usb wireless adapter"
5. Click "site survey"
6. Click "rescan"
7. Click on the "ssid" signal you want.
8. Click "select"
9. Click "next"
10. Click "done" or you can click the "ssid choice" box, and rename it, and click "done"
(You are DONE) The above instructions are as simple as I could make it.
Security can be added at anytime by clicking on "advanced" and then clicking on "security"
Adding security is almost identical on basically any brand of router.
Look on youtube on how to add security to a router or call customer service.
As the reviews on the AWUS036NHR and the R36 seem to be hit or miss (because of misunderstanding their perceived performance), I thought I'd share a bit of information with the general consumer that may be in the market for such a device. A lot of people think "the more bars, the better". And, while that is true in a sense, there is a lot more to wifi signals than bars. Wifi is using two radios that emit the same frequencies in order to establish a connection to each other for information (packets) to travel upon to and from. And, just like a road, if there is a gap or bad spot between two points, items traveling along that road will be slowed down or stopped.
In that frequency, there are three important factors of speed:
(1) "Ping Rate" - How fast peripherals in a network contact each other.
(2) "Download" - How fast data is brought in.
(3) "Upload" - How fast data is sent out.
And, again, just like a road, the wider it is (frequency bandwidth), the more that can travel on it. The bars one sees, only tells them how good of a connection they have with the access point/router, but it gives no information on the rate of data speed. For an indication of how good your wifi connection really is, one needs to do some tests at a site such as [...]
Anyway, back to the point at hand... So, I received the AWUS036NHR and the R36.Read more ›
If you want to see what power will do for you, I would suggest getting one of Alfa's 2W USB adapters, either the AWUS036NH, UBDo-nt or the AWUS036NHR. You can use the adapter via a USB connection to a PC and see what you've been missing. You would need it for the R36 anyway. An important part of negotiating a fast connection is how well the remote AP receives your signal, i.e. even if the remote AP is powerful, if you aren't then a slow connection will result. Before using the UBDo-nt adapter all I had were 1-11 Mbps connections. With the UBDo-nt I get 65Mbps. If I had a faster remote AP I could get up to 150Mbps.
If you want an R36 that works right out of the box, the 1W AWUS036H is the turn-key solution unless you know the R36 you're getting is already set up for the 2W adapters. Bear in mind a typical PC has only a 70-100 mW radio, not 1000-2000 mW like the Alfa adapters.
Many people have reported difficulties getting the R36 to work. They don't exactly say why but I suspect the firmware change is confusing, i.e. if you get a 2W adapter it probably won't work unless it says NH/NHR on a sticker. I've only seen one R36 like this and it came directly from Alfa.
Setup of the R36 is fairly straightforward if you have a reasonable level of tech-savvy (I can say this now after setting up 8 of them). It's more complicated if you want to use the R36 with 2W adapters and it comes with the firmware for the 1W adapters. In that case you need to change the firmware.
After initial setup there is nothing else to do.Read more ›
If you are unsure whether to buy this system, read the documentation on the manufacturer's web site. You can then ask yourself what the chances are that you would be able to understand the documentation and get things to work.
Details: It's fascinating to see the mix of positive and negative reviews for this router. I think that when we see an extremely favorable or extremely unfavorable user review of this product, it tells us more about the reviewer than about the product itself.
In particular the chief use of this product (in the US at least) would be with the AWUS036H. In other words you purchase both and use them together.
First let me say it worked just find out of the box. Why did some reviewers have trouble? I imagine in some cases it is that the router does require a bit of "router experience". Someone who has never configured a router or who is not willing to spend some quality time with the documentation is likely to be disappointed. But a knowledgeable user is likely to get everything to work right out of the box.
Let's talk about the usual use case. In the US, the usual use case is that you want to be able to set up your own local wifi network and connect some devices (computers, smart phones, printers) to it. And you want everything connected to the Internet. But for some reason (cost, perhaps, or lack of an available option for connecting to the Internet) you want to be able to make use of an Internet wifi hot spot that is far away. By this I mean so far away that you can't just pick up the wifi where you are. Maybe it is 100 feet away, maybe half a mile a way.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this device because I needed to extend the wireless wifi from my parents house to my apartment, which is 100 feet away. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Trudi Angell
I love it and it ranges wifi in the house. I always look to update the latest firmware for my devices.Published 15 days ago by M Young
I researched a lot of similar products before placing an order. Based on many positive feedback, I believed this was a reliable product. Read morePublished 29 days ago by K. Ho
Fantastic product. The first one we got was used, did not work, so we sent it back. They promptly made it right by sending a new one, so all is well.Published 1 month ago by Janice E. Wall
Another ALFA product that does not disappoint! Massive configuration choices and wireless functions in a package a bit larger that a pack of cigarettes. Well done ALFA.Published 2 months ago by Edmund Haardt
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.