Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Blu-ray|Change

There could be no better accompaniment for British operatic sensation Alfie Boe fans on this day of release of his newest CD ALFIE that this DVD the captures a live stage performance from the The Bring Him Home Tour, recorded last fall at London's Royal Festival Hall. It is a typical wild audience reception for this terrific stage personality and vocal artist. Though there is nothing much new here material wise - Boe still favors his signature songs from 'Les Misérables' and also reprises his excerpts form 'Blood Brothers' and 'West Side Story' - but there are plenty of numbers to add a special celebratory feeling to this life performance. He brings on stage Matt Lucas, composer Claude Michel Schonberg of 'Les Misérables' fame, Melanie C from the Spice Girls an Tom Fletcher from McFly. It is all backed by spectacular lighting and superimposed closeups of Boe with a background of the vast distance spots from within the theater. The DVD captures the moment, nothing more or less, and that seems enough. Grady Harp, June 12
on July 2, 2012
For anyone who loves to hear a tenor perform, Alfie has the most wonderful voice I've ever heard! He puts so much honest emotion into every song, and his voice rings when he hits high notes that are jaw-dropping. Not only is he an amazing talent, but he has a great rapport with the audience and has a wonderful sense of humor as well. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this concert DVD. It was one of my better purchases! :-)
on August 13, 2012
Even though Alfie Boe will be coming to Los Angeles in October 2012, the ticket prices are so outlandishly expensive that I knew seeing him in concert would not be possible,but with this DVD,I CAN SEE HIM LIVE ANYTIME! Since seeing his memorable performance in Les Miserables 25th Anniversay Concert I can't get enough of his incredibly rich and beautiful voice. I already have all of his CDs on my IPOD so I can hear him as often as possible but I also longed to see him sing the songs too and with this fantastic DVD not only can I see him sing but also enjoy his warm,charming and very funny performance personality. The sound & picture quality of this DVD are absolutely fabulous and I highly recommend it!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS DVD !!!!!
on December 16, 2012
Alfie is an incredible singer with a masterful voice. I knew that from the Les Mis 25th anniversary concert but with this solo concert he demonstrates his other talents. He has a delightful sense of humor that is peppered through the song selections which vary widely from opera to easy listening and he even plays the drums. Anyone who loves a golden singing voice and Broadway musicals should definitely love Alfie Live.
on July 30, 2012
While the PBS special was wonderful, they left out some really funny segments. This is a must-own DVD. Each time I watch this I hear & see another nuance in Alfie's performance. Buy it and enjoy
on September 21, 2012
I consider Alfie Boe one of the five best performers in musical theatre. And this DVD showcases his talents perfectly. It's difficult to bring a concert to DVD and still keep the "concert" feeling, but this one manages to do that. And the songs Alfie chose for this concert are all worthy of his fine talent. Amazon offers it at a reasonable price. This is an excellent addition to my film library. I sort of feel we have kidnapped Alfie so he can be viewed at any time. If the Blackpool coppers are looking for him, this would be a good starting point.
VINE VOICEon September 25, 2012
Alfie Boe has one of the world's most beautiful voices, and he demonstrates that so well in this concert. A wide variety of music, wonderful orchestra, lush arrangements,and especially Alfie's unassuming and extremely likeable persona make this a concert not to be missed. Powerful, light, fun, humorous, sweet, touching.....all words to describe this wonderful DVD. I absolutely loved it!!
on March 29, 2015
I fell in love with this concert because there's a mistake in it. Probably most other artists would have edited it out, and I'm sure Alfie's label wanted to. But about halfway through the concert, a musician is on the wrong page for a song intro (I won't say which one, let it be a surprise of sorts). Naturally, the conductor stops and Alfie feigns horror and very gently teases the woman. The audience giggles as he jokes about ruined dvds. But the magic happens when they start again. Her intro is so perfect, so heartfelt, that Alfie stops the orchestra this time saying, "That was so beautiful, I'm going to make her do it again!" And he does, and so does she.

This was only the second show in Alfie's very first solo national tour, and his nervousness shows between songs at the start. But he warms up fast, with a little help from Matt Lucas. He relaxes and the jokes get funnier, but songs.... My god, the songs are all incredible! So much passion and love as he sings, in a voice that goes from a whisper to rocking the back balcony. I've seen him in person since this was taped, Alfie is not to be missed. If you ever get the chance to see him live... Go! And in the meantime, buy this and the others.
on August 21, 2012
Alfie Boe vocalized his way into my heart with the now
highly familiar song "Bring Him Home." His voice is one of the best I've heard lately (luckily I saw the PBS
complete performance of the musical) - and this recording is an excellent reproduction of his rendition of this song as well as a number of other favorites.
I certainly recommend it!! Amazon usually carries nothing but the best.
on October 13, 2012
After I saw the 25th anniversary production of Las Mis on PBS (which prompted an immediate dontation) I was hooked. Alfie Boe is my new favorite singer. His performance was emotionally charged and left me in tears. in this new video you see a whole different side to him and his music. I have played it numerous times and listen the the corresponding CD when I am not watching the video.
Highly recommended.