5.0 out of 5 stars And Here is Alfie Boe Live!
Published on June 5, 2012 by Grady Harp

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite disappointed
The man has a great voice. But he has to read.
It is a karaoke from beggining to end.
He cannot act properly because he is reading.
I bought the BR because I read all the reviews from the other reviewers.
Well...I am going to watch it two more times and next 2013 christmas, I`ll have another disc to give away...
Published 24 months ago by Marcelo B. De Freitas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars And Here is Alfie Boe Live!, June 5, 2012
This review is from: Alfie Live (DVD)
There could be no better accompaniment for British operatic sensation Alfie Boe fans on this day of release of his newest CD ALFIE that this DVD the captures a live stage performance from the The Bring Him Home Tour, recorded last fall at London's Royal Festival Hall. It is a typical wild audience reception for this terrific stage personality and vocal artist. Though there is nothing much new here material wise - Boe still favors his signature songs from 'Les Misérables' and also reprises his excerpts form 'Blood Brothers' and 'West Side Story' - but there are plenty of numbers to add a special celebratory feeling to this life performance. He brings on stage Matt Lucas, composer Claude Michel Schonberg of 'Les Misérables' fame, Melanie C from the Spice Girls an Tom Fletcher from McFly. It is all backed by spectacular lighting and superimposed closeups of Boe with a background of the vast distance spots from within the theater. The DVD captures the moment, nothing more or less, and that seems enough. Grady Harp, June 12

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic singer!, July 2, 2012
This review is from: Alfie Live (DVD)
For anyone who loves to hear a tenor perform, Alfie has the most wonderful voice I've ever heard! He puts so much honest emotion into every song, and his voice rings when he hits high notes that are jaw-dropping. Not only is he an amazing talent, but he has a great rapport with the audience and has a wonderful sense of humor as well. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this concert DVD. It was one of my better purchases! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL DVD & HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!, August 13, 2012
This review is from: Alfie Live (DVD)
Even though Alfie Boe will be coming to Los Angeles in October 2012, the ticket prices are so outlandishly expensive that I knew seeing him in concert would not be possible,but with this DVD,I CAN SEE HIM LIVE ANYTIME! Since seeing his memorable performance in Les Miserables 25th Anniversay Concert I can't get enough of his incredibly rich and beautiful voice. I already have all of his CDs on my IPOD so I can hear him as often as possible but I also longed to see him sing the songs too and with this fantastic DVD not only can I see him sing but also enjoy his warm,charming and very funny performance personality. The sound & picture quality of this DVD are absolutely fabulous and I highly recommend it!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS DVD !!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, July 30, 2012
This review is from: Alfie Live (DVD)
While the PBS special was wonderful, they left out some really funny segments. This is a must-own DVD. Each time I watch this I hear & see another nuance in Alfie's performance. Buy it and enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show, March 28, 2013
This review is from: Alfie Live (DVD)
Alfie is a great performer. ... his smile is as big as his voice. Every Alfie Boe fan should have this DVD in their collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfie Boe Live, February 20, 2013
This review is from: Alfie Live (DVD)
As it only arrived today I have been unable to enjoy its content as of yet,but the anticipation feels good. It was delivered without a problem,well packaged and undamaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden voice and more, December 16, 2012
Roseann S. (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alfie Live (DVD)
Alfie is an incredible singer with a masterful voice. I knew that from the Les Mis 25th anniversary concert but with this solo concert he demonstrates his other talents. He has a delightful sense of humor that is peppered through the song selections which vary widely from opera to easy listening and he even plays the drums. Anyone who loves a golden singing voice and Broadway musicals should definitely love Alfie Live.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing at a great price from Amazon, October 13, 2012
This review is from: Alfie Live (DVD)
After I saw the 25th anniversary production of Las Mis on PBS (which prompted an immediate dontation) I was hooked. Alfie Boe is my new favorite singer. His performance was emotionally charged and left me in tears. in this new video you see a whole different side to him and his music. I have played it numerous times and listen the the corresponding CD when I am not watching the video.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it as a gift, March 18, 2014
This review is from: Alfie Live (DVD)
I bought this as a gift for my boyfriend - it is a very good concert, and after seeing Alfie perform as Jean Val Jean, it was neat to see him perform as himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars He's my current favorite, March 8, 2014
This review is from: Alfie Live (DVD)
I never tire of hearing him sing. Had tickets for his Seattle concert, but my daughter became ill, and we had to cancel. Maybe next time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Alfie Live [Blu-ray]
Alfie Live [Blu-ray] by Nick Morris (Blu-ray - 2012)
$26.98 $24.28