5.0 out of 5 stars Watched the bone absorbing calcium
Published on January 23, 2012 by nana

2.0 out of 5 stars Happy but wish capsules were a bit smaller
I'm happy with this calcium because its backed by clinical studies that it really works to build bone mass and I'm starting to feel stronger but I just wish the capsules were a bit smaller making it a bit easier to swallow. But I guess that smaller capsules would mean I'd have to take more every day - lol.
Published 17 months ago by Brittney Walker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Watched the bone absorbing calcium, January 23, 2012
This review is from: AlgaeCal Plus - Plant Source Calcium Supplement - 90 Veggie Caps (Health and Beauty)
Broke both wrists Jan. 11, 2009. Saw the innumerable x-rays of wrists taken in next 4 months. Healed by April 30. Rebroke right wrist May 30. Knowing I have osteoporosis, I looked for a source of calcium, that would improve the healing this time. Saw ad on internet for Algea Cal and strontium boost and bought both. Took them for next month. Was amazed when I saw the next x-ray. Asked ortho doctor what the white spots all around the wristbone on the x-ray were (having never seen them before). He said it was the calcium being absorbed by my wrist bone. Amazing! Healed in 2 months this time: only half the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this supplement!, June 22, 2011
I have been using this product off and on for around a year now. I have seen noticeable differences in things like my nails and such when taking this product as compared to regular calcium supplements and notice a decrease in nail strength and growth when I neglect taking it for a couple weeks. Please go to their website and read their research. It really speaks for itself. Hopefully their will be a subscribe and save option available soon as I find I forget to order it regularly until I notice I am out!

Update May 2012: my 86 year old Aunt recently broke her hip (fractured mid shaft where the previous prothesis inserts into the femur). It took 5 hours of reconstruction during surgery. I had her take this supplement afterwards and she has made a full recovery and the orthopedic doctor is amazed at the calcification that has occurred in the area. Has cleared her to walk without any use of canes or help as she feels comfortable!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the calcium to take! I swear by it!, March 6, 2012
This is the only Calcium I will take. After years of trying everything, I settled on this one during my postpartum period in 2009, and continued taking it through a 2nd pregnancy and now nursing my daughter on demand. I have no problems with my bone health anymore, which a lot of women get when they are pregnant/lactating and not taking in a lot of good quality calcium. My teeth are no longer sensitive . I just feel much better and my bones are stronger... and my little newborn gets it in the breast milk! I highly recommend this!

2.0 out of 5 stars Happy but wish capsules were a bit smaller, February 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results!, October 1, 2013
Cheryl Pia (San Diego, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
Just returned from my 3rd bone density scan, and am ecstatic! First one 3 years ago showed osteopenia in hip, spine, legs. Second one, 2 years later, showed full blow osteoporosis in all 3. I did NOT want to take any of the very dangerous (IMO) pharmaceuticals that treat bone loss, so consulted with my gynecologist, who recommended Algaecal. I ordered the same day and began using it along with Strontium. Scheduled a 1 year follow up to see if there was any improvement, and discovered that the osteoporosis has completely reversed itself, and all tests were in the normal range. The bone density tech said she had never seen so much improvement in one year. I cannot recommend this product enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfying!, July 26, 2012
AlgaeCal Plus is the only calcium supplement that does not constipate me or give me gas, plus the capsules are so much easier to swallow. I haven't taken a bone density test yet, but my mother had osteoporosis so I wanted the best. A little more expensive but well worth it because I actually take the product unlike the other umpteen calcium brands I tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKS!, January 10, 2013
I could not believe it. I started taking this the same day I received it. I was in so much pain with my heal spur. After taking it for 7 days my pain went away. So I stopped taking it. Two weeks went by and I still felt great. On the 3rd week my foot was starting to hurt just a little, so I started taking it again. In no time my foot (heal spur) stopped hurting again. I have come to know that this AlgaeCal Plus works as long as I keep taking it. I'm going to reorder. I heard about this in the Dr Oz show. I had to try something, I had gotten to the point that I could not even put any pressure on my heal or else I would be in so much pain. Now, I can walk without pain because I am taking this MIRACLE ALGAECAL. I forgot to mention it did constipate me, so I have to take a stool softener.
Also, I did not take as recommended on bottle. I take one after breakfast and one after lunch. Those are the times I have a heavy meal. It never upset my stomach.

5.0 out of 5 stars AlgaeCal "Plus" - Plant Source Calcium Supplement - 90 Veggie Caps, March 12, 2013
AlgaeCal comes highly recommended to build our bones and be able to stop Osteoperosis. I have only been taking it about 3 months. It should be taken with Strontium which helps AlgaeCal Plus work to strengthen bones as well as build them.

You might want to get a Dexa Test (for comparison) before you start using both supplements: At around 6 months of using it you should get a Dexa Test to make sure your bones are strenthening.

The manufacturer has a guarantee that you should see before purchasing the two items from them. I don't want to put his guarantee on this rating: I am letting it up to you to check it out. It's a really great deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than regular cal, February 20, 2013
This calcium is much easier on intestinal tract. I will know how it effected me after my spring bone density test. I will definitely continue taking this along with strontium boost.

My bone density test improved to the point that my doc recommended continuing what I was doing. Usually she recommends my getting involved with injections of some sort. I also take Strontium and Algaecal Plus. I also have Almond milk on cereal each morning and I walk and lift light weights.

4.0 out of 5 stars Been Taking Algaecal for 6 Years - Lovin It, July 25, 2012
The folks at AlgaeCal are pretty modest in their advertising because they only speak about the benefits for bones. My family and I have been taking AlgaeCal Plus for more than 6 years and we wouldn't be without it for the way it makes us feel.

We tried going off it at various times, but it seems we must be missing the minerals from our diet so we lose energy, get sick easier, gain weight and feel down when we stop...so 6 years later all 4 of us are taking it.

Keep up the good work, AlgaeCal.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›