Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Algebra and Graphing: TI-89 Calculator Tutor: Vol 1
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

VINE VOICEon October 17, 2011
This is a great tool to quickly learn the ins and outs of the TI89. I have the Titanium but this will work even for the plain old TI89. Yes, you can read the manual and use TI's online resources but who has time for that? If you are going to be using this for Calculus including differential equations etc this is the fastest way to get the most out of your device. Excellent tool. Another home run by MathTutorDVD.

NOTE:
Some of the lettering on the video showing the calculator screens seems hazy. This is NOT because the video or its production is bad but because the screen resolution on the TI89 is abysmal. In fact there are many complaints, especially by older folks like myself, who find reading the TI89 menus a royal pain. But because the calculator does so much so well and because TI has a lock on the calculator market the TI89 is used extensively in educational circles.
on September 23, 2015
Like all of Jason's dvds this and part 2 are excellent for what he says it does, step by step ,walks you through it all.and that is why I recommend anything by Jason, it makes math easier to learn by simple repetition. And you will get the math,you will understand the math,I mean it! But these 2 DVD sets don't cover half of what this calculator does ! I inadvertently screwed up and deleated parts of the statistics applications, if you have a computer download the free ti apps,and get a backup ,this will let you put the app's back on the device. I wish I had gibsons dvds before I experimented with the calculator. I hope he does a third part covering the stuff left out in parts 1 and 2,let's see ti89 part 3 !
on October 5, 2014
This is a great way to learn how to fully use this calculator. I can highly recommend all the MathTutor products for high school and first year college math students. (Those are the DVDs I have actually watched and studied; I use it together with the Great Courses lectures on math.)
on August 24, 2013
Jason is very clear and repeats when the going gets difficult. You can either sit and listen or work along with him. The two volumes together make an excellent coverage of how to use the ti-89, which is the most difficult calculator to learn to use I have ever come across, with an official manual that is very far from clear. There are all kinds of tips and tricks that you wouldn't find without these tutorials.
I have one caveat. Instructions for programming it are not included. Given how much the calculator can do there may have been an assumption that this is not necessary. At university level maths I need to be able to do my own thing. Please, Jason, write volume 3!
on September 4, 2011
I really enjoyed this DVD on the TI 89 calculator. The explanations of the various modes of the calculator are presented by the use of an animation of the calculator. You can work along with your Ti89 and get used to various menus. I find it much easier than trying to read the manual. I highly recommend this DVD.
on June 20, 2013
For me being a hands on person watching this video is so much better than trying to figure out written instructions. Very clear and easy to follow! Excited to get started on learning not only this calculator but for my next math class. Then the other possibilties of down loading updated information. Thank you again for making life easier for me.
on April 30, 2012
These videos cover, item by item, most of what this calculator can do. Without tutorials like these I suspect that most math students are sitting down at exams not fully using the power of this calculator and thus not getting the highest marks. The videos are clear and nicely broken down so that each segment covers a single topic or closely related group of topics; thus making it easier to skip what you do know.
My use of the calculator prior to watching these videos was like having a car and not knowing that it had back seats, a trunk, or that the windows rolled down.
Many thanks to the author.
on January 5, 2011
I really enjoy math tutor DVD's. I probably own around 8 different videos from them. I definetly recommend giving them a try!
on March 18, 2016
Again if you need a quick start thismwill fill the bill with the TU89T.
on December 18, 2014
The delivery is so smooth and the DVD is really helping me out.~