4.0 out of 5 stars Solid math textbook
I'm a little torn on what to say about this book. On one hand, I have a huge amount of respect for this book. On the other hand, it's not an easy book to learn from.
Published on May 15, 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!
I teach a high school class for advanced mathematics in preparation for college maths, and I honestly have to say that this is the worst book from which to teach. Yes, I can understand it perfectly, but a student will be lost the moment he or she lays eyes on the first page. The only good thing about this book is the number of exercises it has in each section.
Published on August 31, 2004 by A. Yawn

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, August 31, 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid math textbook, May 15, 2003
By A Customer
I have no doubt that if people work through this book, they will be very knowledgable and skilled in the areas covered. It is, however, a slow, tedious, sometimes frustrating process. The authors are clearly proficient at math, but their style is pretty dry. It's a "just the facts, ma'am" approach to instruction. It would be nice to have perspective, interpretation, and helpful guidance in addition to straight math. It's kind of like reading a technical manual. I prefer a more engaging presentation.

1.0 out of 5 stars A math book that leaves you stranded, September 18, 2000
By A Customer
This book is required by my college and dealing with it was the most unpleasant period of my life. Prior to using this book I used the Saxon Math Program in which each lesson contains enough information to learn the material without the help of an instructor. There is no way that you can teach yourself from this book if you don't all ready know the material, and many math professors are lazy and tell you to get the knowledge out of the book. The lesson material is too brief and the explanations are almost cryptic. The solutions manual that comes with it is supposed to have the answers to all the odd problems, but the author decided to leave out a couple of these problems in which the answer would take up a little more paper than the others, these are often the ones you need the solutions to, the book just leaves you stranded. If you have to use this book, I pity you, you better hope that you have a darn good math professor. If you don't have to use it, steer clear of it.

1.0 out of 5 stars For mathematicians, by mathmematicians, April 23, 2004
This review is from: Algebra and Trigonometry with Analytic Geometry (with CD) (Hardcover)
Frankly, I found this text way too brief in its coverage of topics prior to being bombarded with questions. There isn't much good to say about this book other than providing lots of problems to work. Save yourself the money and buy a "10000 problem" text instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Coherent Math BooK I Have Ever Used in School, August 25, 1999
It was well-organized without being too formatted and nit-picky. The explanations made sense and it was great for note-taking. The problems were challenging, but not so hard that it was no fun. I strongly recommend this book for use in the classroom and out of it for private use and/or review.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible book to use, January 20, 2014
I am currently taking this unit in my high school class as an honors/ advanced and let me tell you. It's a godawful book. Plain and simple. My teacher isn't very good at explaining the units and if she does most of the students in my class have to teach themselves or go to a different teacher. The book is cryptic and very short explanation for why you do this for this kind of problem and I do have the solution book but that isn't much help either. Run I tell you. because I'm failing and so are a lot of other people.

Algebra and Trigonometry with Analytic Geometry (with CD)
Algebra and Trigonometry with Analytic Geometry (with CD) by Jeffery A. Cole (Hardcover - December 1, 2001)
Used & New from: $5.94