4.0 out of 5 stars Good Algebra II/Trig High School Math Book.
Published on October 15, 2008 by L. Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Book received is in very poor conditions
Published 15 days ago by Raffaela fronc

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Algebra II/Trig High School Math Book., October 15, 2008
This review is from: Algebra and Trigonometry: Structure and Method, Book 2 (Hardcover)
A pretty decent math book, but I only bought it because my school uses it and I wanted an extra copy to keep at home so I didn't have to lug it back and forth w/ 8,000 other books a day. But it is lightweight, thanks to its lack of unnecessary graphics, and according to my math teachers, it's packed with problems, including extra practice. It has a good amount of examples.It also has a few random biographies of mathematicians and scientists that are interesting, but mostly pointless, and have little correlations to the sections. There are also small sections about math careers. Additionally, there are computer exercises for students with programming experience. Answers to odd problems are in the back, which is a major plus. ~A. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Algebra Book - Very Detailed, July 20, 2010
My high school used to use this book for our Adv. Algebra II class, but now the entire school has switched to this book.

Having use this book, it covered lots of materials including some material from Trigonometry too.
I currently also use this book for students I tutor. The problems in the book are very detailed and most of the "challenge" problems are good too. As with most textbooks, this one only shows odd answers too in the back.

This book provides enough problems to grasp the math concepts. It teaches enough material for SAT I, but for SAT Math Level II, you need to buy a pre-calculus book. As for ACT math, this book encompasses all the concepts.

The only complain I have is that there is one section about sequences and series, and at the end of that chapter, the binomial theorem is just thrown in. It just seems more suitable to place that theorem in the polynomial section.

I highly recommend this book for students wanting to learn Algebra II.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book-no need for a teacher!, September 11, 2010
I used this textbook last year for my Algebra II class. I personally loved this book. It had very good, worked-examples in each section that were exactly the same as the practice problems given. Most textbooks start out with some information explaining what is going on, and then the student is just supposed to put the pieces together on how to do the problems, whereas the examples in this book show the student exactly how to do the problems. My algebra teacher was not very good, and while she did work out examples on the board for the class, they just never made sense. By the end of the year, I stopped even listening to her lessons and I just did the problems in the book on my own. I made an A in the class, and even though math is one of my weaker subjects, I think I learned enuogh to do fine on the SAT and ACT.

However, my teacher disliked this book. She said that it really needed to include more graphing, and that it was outdated.

To each his own, I guess. I definitely think that its many clearly layed out examples helped me.

5.0 out of 5 stars math teacher review, August 21, 2006
As a High School Algebra 2 Teacher, this is a wonderful book that covers all the national math standards. It isn't filled with pictures and fluff, making it a no-nonsense book that can be either basic (set A problems) or more challening (set B and C problems). It's examples are straight-forward showing all steps so readers can understand how to get from one step to another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comprehensive math course, January 19, 2011
I am a Jr. High Math teacher. This is my favorite series. The series of books is so well written. Wish they went higher.

5.0 out of 5 stars ALG2H Student, December 19, 2012
The book may be long and contain useless problems, such as the oral exercises. But the content is rich in resources and problems are challenging enough to entice your brain. I think its great for learning algebra and a bit of trigonometry. Everyone should adopt this book as the school curriculum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice books, January 13, 2013
a very nice book. I also have the book 1. I am using them to teach my kids Algebra myself. The book is well orgnized with many practice questions.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star!, November 16, 2013
The book is a very good one, the price was good, the answers are in the back to check, and overall i have gotten a lot of use from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good classic text, June 28, 2014
We've only used this a little bit, so far, but it looks to be similar to the first volume, which was excellent. Good, logical progression of concepts, but the best part is that there are plenty of exercises which test the concepts and force the student to show mastery of the concept. Most books we've seen, and also the hw we get at school, only test the student's ability to copy the pattern of problem that was demonstrated in the teaching section. A better test is to include problems which are different enough to require that the student really understood the underlying concept and can then apply it to a slightly different problem. We used this text to supplement whatever was used in the local school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Seller! Great book, August 4, 2013
Very educational book and it was bought from a wonderful Seller. My son is almost done with this book and he feels very good about it. I highly recommend this Seller as well as the book

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Algebra and Trigonometry: Structure and Method, Book 2
Algebra and Trigonometry: Structure and Method, Book 2 by MCDOUGAL LITTEL (Hardcover - January 26, 1999)
Used & New from: $64.99