Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Algorithms and Data Structures in C++
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 19, 1999
I've been hunting around for a while now for a book which teaches data structures using C++ as the implementation language. I think I've finaly found it in this book. All other books I've looked at have just been poor rewrites of previous C algorithm books.
The material is clearly explained most of the time, always with an example to show the algorithm at work. The book focuses on algorithms and data structures that you might actually use one day, unlike some other books which have all these wierd and wonderful algorithms but which you will probably never need to use.
This is the book to have when you start forgeting all that data structure stuff you did in college and you need a review.
The best thing about this book is that it's only ~350 pages so it wont take you years to get through.
on August 2, 1999
I used this book for my Data Structures course and found it very difficult to decifer. The text is hard to understand and if you haven't had much practice in figuring out C++ code, you definitely will have difficulty with Leendert's examples. However, with a little effort and a lot of work (as well as some help by someone more experienced) the code is deciferable. In fact, if you can figure out these examples, you're well on your way to becoming an expert C++ programmer.
I'd recommend this book for the advanced programmer or the programmer that has a great deal of drive and assistance. All in all, definitely worth taking a close look at.
on February 3, 1999
I have never read anything like Ammeraal's book. Beside from his easy prose, the code is elegant and quite intelligent, simple and you can learn a great deal of C++ tricks. I think this book is really advanced and very interesting. Develop a many complex algorithms and gives examples of runs, and the best of all is that the code runs in any compiler.
on June 16, 2000
I've been researching on C++ algorithms to handle large integers for a Visual C++ Calculator I'm currently writing. This book provided me not only with a full and clear explanation of the methodology involved, but also with a complete listing of the class required to handle these operations. Among other techniques, it also showed me clear guidelines to convert recursive algorithms into non-recursive procedures, which I have found very useful for the work I'm doing. This book will indeed be one of my main sources of information in this area. The source code described in the book is also well supported at the Web site which address is provided in the book.
on January 31, 2010
Unless you have:

1. C++ adv
2. combinatorics math
3. calc math
4. discrete / finite math
5. basic overview of topics in data structures.

you have to be a phd in this subject to understand this book
and weiss's book. this is better than weiss's book in regards to laungauge
but I have decided to buy DSA in 24 hours by Lofore his name? great book
to get me to the level of these books like Weiss..
on December 23, 2003
The C++ implementations in the book are simple but very effective and well-organized.
on February 10, 1999
Readable code?! Most of it is inline and comments are sparse. Don't buy it if you're looking for clear examples to build from in C++.
on November 19, 1999