5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent possibilities in the classroom
Aliens For Breakfast is a wonderful exploration into fantasy with a touch of the realistic. Used in the classroom, it provides an excellent vehicle to explore characterization and main idea. My students totally enjoy the adventure!
Published on November 21, 1997

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good character writing amidst whimsical alien hijinks
This book was engaging for me as a child because the silly plot was offset by some pretty good character writing. The protagonist, Richard, has a "good" alien on his side against a "bad" alien, but the good alien isn't always perfect and is actually kind of condescending and annoying sometimes, and the bad alien is a charismatic new kid in Richard's class...
Published 3 months ago by Swankivy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent possibilities in the classroom, November 21, 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Aliens for Breakfast (A Stepping Stone Book(TM)) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Early Chapter Book!, September 10, 2007
NM Mom (New Mexico, USA) - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful beginning chapter book for 1st-2nd Graders. It is a perfect level for children who are beginning to read chapter books on there own. The topic is interesting: Aliens, Saving the world. It is funny ,too. My 1st grader LOVES it! There are 2 more: Aliens for Lunch, and Aliens for Dinner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for early readers, September 30, 2013
This is the first chapter book that my 7 year old son has actually read all the way through! He is normally drawn to non-fiction books instead of books with stories.

He liked the fact that it wasn't too "cutesy", had no talking animals, and was relatively realistic.

The story is easy for kids to follow and doesn't have any "potty" humor or much that I would think would be objectionable to parents. There are a few pictures, which is always nice for kids at this age, but not so many that my son got more interested in the pictures than his reading.

Overall a nice story that flows along at a good pace and keeps kids' interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked this book!, April 21, 2003
A Kid's Review
Aliens for Breakfast is about a kid named Richard. He has to save the day because a little alien comes to him and tells him that Dorf is going to take over the world. This book had some of my favorite things like aliens, magic, and adventure. I think kids will like to read this book on their own time.

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is great!, March 13, 2000
By A Customer
I recommend this Book to people who like science fiction.My favorite characters are Henry,Gorf,Aric,and Richard.I think it was great! because it is very funny and serious at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 8 year old son loved this one, August 30, 2013
Like similar reviews I've written, it's hard to find books that 8 year old boys like. This was a hit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey, Publishers Weekly, get over yourself, December 16, 2011
Pop Bop "Pause and Reflect" (Denver, Colorado, United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Wow, apparently, according to the Publishers Weekly editorial review above, this book isn't exactly "War and Peace". Go figure.

What it is is an amusing, basic sci-fi tale for a new reader. The hero is fine, the alien is funny, the plot is simple, and the ending is clear. The book has a great deal of appeal and charm, and avoids the farts and boogers that keep cropping up in other early reader books.

I could see a brand new reader feeling a certain amount of satisfaction at having finished this "real book", and it certainly has a place on a well-stocked, enticing shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, March 11, 2014
My son and I loved this book! It was really interesting and funny. It kept us thinking the whole time what was happening next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down, March 8, 2014
My 8 yr old loved it. We couldn't put it down. Just had to know what happened next. We checked this out from the public library thru Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood book and still love it, April 9, 2013
I read this book to my son. He loves aliens and space. It was great quality time together and he really enjoyed the story. I asked him questions when we were together like "Do you remember the little alien's name?" or "Who was the bad guy?" to engage him in the story. Also helps with his recollection of details of what we're reading.

Overall the book was just as I remembered it from my own childhood. It was a pleasure to read it to my own son.

Aliens for Breakfast (A Stepping Stone Book(TM))
Aliens for Breakfast (A Stepping Stone Book(TM)) by Jonathan Etra (Paperback - October 22, 1988)
$3.99 $3.59