Aliens: Colonial Marines - Xbox 360
|Price:||$8.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Using authentic environments inspired by the film series including Hadley's Hope, the Sulaco and LV-426, you will be immersed in an eerie, atmospheric world where any moment could bring your death.
- The masters of co-op bring their expertise to the Aliens universe. Xenos getting too tough? Call up your buddies so they can drop in with extra firepower.
- Create your perfect killing machine. An extensive upgrade system allows players to customize their characters to play the way they want. Earn experience to get perks, new weapons and new looks for your squad.
- The whole campaign can be played with a squad of up to four players, dropping in and out as necessary through self-contained missions within an over-arching narrative.
- Get tooled up with classic Marine weapons including pulse rifles, sentry turrets, arc welders, motion trackers, flame-throwers, powerloaders, and more
- Explore environments inspired by the film series, including Hadley's Hope, the Sulaco and LV-426, and others
- The whole campaign can be played with a squad of up to four players, dropping in and out as necessary
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Aliens: Colonial Marines is a First-Person Shooter set in the Alien movie franchise universe in which the player takes on the role of a member of a squad of colonial marines sent to the planet LV-426. The game is designed as a true sequel to the 1986 movie, Aliens, done in video game format, and features iconic locations, weapons and alien varieties from Aliens and other movies in the series. Additional features include: four-player co-op functionality, a new alien type, and customizable weapons.
A True Sequel to Aliens in Video Game Form
You and your friends against the deadliest killers in the galaxy. Another glorious day in the corps.
Buckle up, soldier. Welcome to Aliens: Colonial Marines. Created by Gearbox Software, the critically acclaimed and fan-favorite developers of Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, this first-person shooter is steeped in the eerie, claustrophobic and terrifying atmosphere that made the Aliens films successful worldwide. You and your friends will become the most badass military outfit in the galaxy - the US Colonial Marines. It's down to you to not just survive, but wipe out the Xeno infestation.
Key Game Features
- Enlist in the Marine Corps - Bringing you a true sequel to James Cameron's classic Aliens, get tooled up with classic Marine weapons including pulse rifles, sentry turrets, arc welders, motion trackers, flame-throwers, powerloaders, and more.
- The Most Authentic Aliens Experience Ever - Using authentic environments inspired by the film series, including Hadley's Hope, the Sulaco and LV-426, players will be immersed in an eerie, atmospheric world where any moment could bring death.
- Drop-in / Drop-out Co-op Gameplay - The masters of co-op bring their expertise to the Aliens universe. Xenos getting too tough? Call up your buddies so they can drop in with extra firepower. The whole campaign can be played with a squad of up to four players, dropping in and out as necessary through self-contained missions within an overarching narrative.
- Loadouts and Upgrades - Create your perfect killing machine. An extensive upgrade system allows players to customize their characters to play the way they want. Earn experience to get perks, new weapons and new looks for your squad.
- A Variety of Aliens to Face - Battle against the full class of aliens seen in the first three movies -- together known as xenomorphs -- including the Facehugger, Chestburster, and Drone alien from Alien, the Warrior and the Queen aliens from Aliens, as well as the Runner alien from Alien 3. The game also features an all-new heavily-armored alien variety, known as "The Crusher."
An authentic Aliens experience.
Drop-in / dropout co-op play.
Classic and new alien varieties.
Familiar powerful hardware.
Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
Multiplayer doesn't fare much better. I play a lot of online games, but this one in particular has some of the worst lag I have ever seen. Aliens and Marines will be jumping all over the map making it nearly impossible to shoot or you may suddenly die with no one around you and have no idea what happened. There are 4 modes with 2-4 maps each. The best part is a Horde mode where you fend off Aliens...unfortunately that is not even released yet and will cost you an extra $15 if you want to unlock it from the disc.
Don't be fooled by any of the screenshots you see...they aren't really from this game. If you must play it rent it or buy it used for under $20. Otherwise skip this entirely and save yourself the time and money. Gearbox should be ashamed of how they handled the development and marketing of this game to take advantage of such a loving fan base.
A while back I wrote a review which stated "Developers give to professional game reviewing companies a piecemeal display of the actual product to review, and when the final product is sold based on those reviews it is NOT what was advertised".
Randy Pitchford the CEO of Gearbox Software originally worked for EA (Electronic Arts). When he created his own gaming company years after leaving EA, he and Gearbox Software earned credit for their reputation by creating "Borderlands". After earning a reputation in the gamin industry and community, THIS game right here that you are considering buying is the game that will remain in the minds of consumers when ever placing any faith in Randy Pitchford and Gearbox software ever again. Why? Because "if" you purchase this game you need to know "what" you are paying for. ANYTHING you read in this review is something that can be researched on the web, and found repeatedly by example after example.
Horrid. The AI in this game destroys any and all hope of an enjoyable experience.Read more ›
Here same video from E3 compared with retail PC footage (Console versions look even worse than retail PC with framerate issues, full screen tearing and muddy low quality textures)
I guess E3 presentation only existed especially prepared for that event because its not the same code Gearbox shipped on February 12th, not even close to it ! If you wanna understand at least fraction what was going on in those 6 years of development you need to read this post by one of Gearbox employes
Basically what happened is complete NOTHING ! Whatever was done, not finished, not ready, not polished at the end Gearbox just "glued" together and probably even without passing any kinda QA just shoved it to the public and fans of the franchise... Shame on you Gearbox !
I am extremely disappointed triple A dev. studio practicing such a shoddy business model lying to its own fans/supporters with gameplay presentations and trailers that apparently never existed or never were intended to be a close to final code, because what I saw +year ago looked a lot better then what was served on a plate. $60 slap to the face !!!
If you support this title with full retail price and those stupid season passes I really feel sorry for you, basically you're sending message across the gaming industry saying it is ok to continue doing what they are doing and in case of Gearbox this is strike no. 2 because same thing happened to Duke Nukem Forever two years ago.
No matter if you are or not hardcore Aliens fan save yourself some money because two months from now this title will be most likely in bargain bin for $19.99
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great condition. Very difficult on easiest setting, impossible on highest. Great game! Scares me and challenges me.Published 21 hours ago by Chey
Great Game made by a brilliant gaming organization that's been around for years. The only problem is the graphics and how glitched out it gets sometimes can be somewhat unpleasant... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Aw man this game is bad, Didn't come with original case but thats fine. Condition was alright. Good seller.Published 2 months ago by Trey Kimmell
The first thing I look for in a game is the gameplay. The gameplay is very fun for the campaign but I have never been in a multiplayer match because the community is dead as a door... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Colin Forrer
Game was fun played it with my younger sibling but left me on a cliff hanger wondering what's nextPublished 3 months ago by Elliott Etheridge jr
I picked up this game at my local Five Below and played it for about 10 hours, finishing the campaign and played some of the multiplayer. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
You gotta hang in there. The first level or two is kinda boring. But once you start getting cool weapons and traveling around the planet its great nostalgia to the movie Aliens.Published 4 months ago by Bradley R
great game if you are a fan of the series . graphics suffer a little bit . but overall as an Action game it is good paced . Read morePublished 4 months ago by Chris