Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 7, 2012 12:16:34 PM PDT
For me, this game is an answer to my Aliens obsession. I first watched "Aliens" when I was 9. I grew up wanting to be Ripley. I am beyond excited for this game release. From the IGN promos and clips, Alien Colonial Marines will remain true to the franchise. Thanks to the game developers for basically making a movie we can play. :D
My gamer tag is Ripleys Revenge on Xbox

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 3:35:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2012 3:36:04 PM PDT
go watch prometheus

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 4:35:20 PM PDT
I totally agree. I became obsessed with Aliens when I first got to watch it when I was 10! I also had all the action figures that were released at that time!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 8:42:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 8:56:04 AM PDT
I agree! I first heard about this game 6 years ago in Game Informer, and after countless delays it is finally making it to the stores. Also its interesting that the game bridges the gap between Aliens and Alien 3, and on the collectors edition, you can play Hicks! The writing is supposed to be amazing. Lets all hope like Hadley, that it will be worth the wait! Ill add ya on xbox. Its always good to meet diehard Alien fans like myself. my game tag starts with Eastwood. On a side note, pick up Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual for 12 bucks here on amazon. It was reissued last week, after being out of print for 15 years.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 6:00:11 PM PDT
Modern Wolf says:
im also a huge Aliens Fan! Aliens are much better then the Preds :) if anybody would like to add me on Xbox Live. Gametag= That Doom Guy

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:54:53 PM PDT
D. White says:
Dude Preds Suck, It's all about Aliens and nice Hadley's Hope pun Clinton

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 10:00:40 AM PDT
Alicia says:
Big fan of Aliens also just preorder the CE can't wait. ;)
Xbox game tag: SassyLee571

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 10:57:31 AM PDT
Sweet everyone!! Yep got my tickets to go see Prometheus and I just cant wait for this game..thanks Clinton for heads up about the manual :) Glad I found some die hard fans to geek out with :D

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 9:38:37 AM PDT
I got that manual when it was first released and it is really awesome. Definitely glad they re-issued it for other fans to get!

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 12:47:20 PM PDT
Whitey Fords says:
Prometheus is terrible. Hopefully this game will not be. Game's over man!! Game's ******* over!!

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 10:00:01 PM PDT
nooo says:
And I thought I was the only one who watched Aliens as a kid.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 12:54:28 AM PDT
This game looks promising. :) I'm a huge Alien nerd myself however I really do enjoy the Predators as well. :3... and Prometheus didn't really suck, it was just not what everyone was expecting from Ridley Scott. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 5:51:17 PM PDT
Nope ur not the only one ;)

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 5:52:42 PM PDT
Just saw Prometheus...I liked it alot, I feel it answered alot of questions about the origins of the alien and the "space jockey".

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 9:37:02 PM PDT
I'm seeing it tomorrow Brandi. The comics already covered some of the space jockey stuff... so it will be interesting to see what the movie does.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 3:25:32 PM PDT
No Pvt. Vasquez as a playable character? Wonder why.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2012 2:09:14 AM PDT
nooo says:
Hudson: Anyone ever offered you as pre-order bonus?
Vasquez: No, have you?

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 6:17:21 PM PDT
D. Massa says:
While I too am super anxious for this game, here 2 BIG issues I have with the storyline that I would like to share with all my fellow Aliens-geeks:

1) Straight from Ripley's mouth: There were 157 Colonists... After Newt, and that guy that Bishop read they killed taking a facehugger off him didn't become hosts, let's say that leaves about 155 folks. Between the first attack in the cocoon-ing chamber, the few dozen or so Aliens the Robot Sentries took out (for the Noobs: watch the Extended/Directors Cut,) the Operations Room battle, and the few that Ripley blasted during Newt's rescue, one could argue that there are just about less than a hundred Aliens left on the planet (s*it load of facehuggers though!) If this game/sequel is in fact in Hadleys Hope, we really shouldn't be seeing and blasting endless hordes of Aliens.

2) But the most obvious storyline-flaw of all... Wasn't the whole damn facility incinerated by the (apparent) nuclear explosion that Ripley, Hicks, Bishop & Newt escaped from in the end??!? How much facility can possibly be left for this second squad of Colonial Marines to search through?

This is one of my favorite sci-fi movies of all time; whenever it's on a cable channel I'll most likely stop & watch it just like a Honeymooners episode, so I just hope they don't mess around too much with Aliens canon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 2:06:26 PM PST
Tango Mike says:
1) I can answer that, take this for what it is, as far as the Xeno goes, the species is a survivalist, possibly will be explained in game. I imagine that the Xeno is not restricted to being a parasite (books/comics touched on this), and has the ability to evolve itself, so it will do what it has to do to continue the survival of the hive. Also, being the big bad corporation, who knows if they sent more to the facility that 'disappeared' because they thought Hadley's Hope was cleansed from the explosion. The survey teams went in to clean up their mess, and boom, more victims, after contact was lost, another group of Marines went in.

2) The Xeno in all lores, be it film, book, comic, etc., they have a hive mind, and are smart, very smart. When the queen left the facility, it's not beyond thought that she sent a message throughout the hive telling all that the hive was in danger, and she was going after the humans, so, they could have went underground to protect themselves.

It's up for interpretation, but those are my theories.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 11:49:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 12, 2013 11:51:08 AM PST
CynDee says:
Oh and didnt they mention in the court-like debriefing room at the beginning of 2 when Ripley asked how many colonists there were? Van-Louen(Spelling?) Said theyd had colonists and families there for 30 years, If i remember correctly I think Ill go rewatch it, and "no one had complained in all that time" which was why no one at the meeting believed Ripley. So some reproduction of the colonists had to be going on. So in 30 years you could what? Quadruple? the original 157 depending on how many kids there had been to each family (Me and Numbers dont really get along sorry =P.). And when they were looking for the PDTs(personal data transmitters) implanted in each of the colonists shouldnt they have seen Newt, so maybe the kids werent implanted until a certain age? Which might explain more that what they thought was there, Or maybe they automatically ignored her PDT cause they knew she was there with them at that point I guess. Oh and what about Transport/Cargo ships. There was a bar there when the marines first landed and were scanning the area so maybe they would get off the "Planes" while they were being unloaded, go for a drink and get grabbed from there? Anyway, Just my 2 cents of speculation. I too saw Part 2 when I was a Kid and thought it was the best movie I had ever seen, I would get up usually after midnight and sneak down to the living room and turn on HBO everytime I would find out it was supposed to be on either through he TV guide or when Parents would be watching something else during the day and the schedule would come up for the days/night next listings.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013 2:27:53 PM PST
3 more weeks!:)

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 4:37:25 PM PST
Clara says:
Game is Gold. It is done, official per Gearbox. No more delays. 2-12-2013 is on...

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 10:08:59 PM PST
E. Manns says:
In response to D. Massa's concerns:

Maybe game events will overlap with the movie timeline a bit? I don't know too much about what was promised for the game, but maybe there were some "colonial" marines on Hadley's Hope while the Xenos started establishing a foothold (we didn't see this part in the movie).

And while I also am unfamiliar with the comics (don't h8 me!), I began theorizing once I saw Alien 3 (and felt confirmed once I saw Prometheus) that the post-facehugger state of the Xenos wasn't a "set" metamorphosis shape and was somewhat based on the strengths of the host. So, we could see unusual Aliens from pets. Oh, and as CynDee pointed out, there certainly have been babies in the 30 years of colonization, so assuming no deaths and everyone pairing up (oh goody) and having just 2 babies, the population would double to over 300. That would be enough Xenos to hold off an entire Persian army.

Lastly, I love the host-parasite concept to create biodiversity compared to, you know, the old bump & grind, a species that is as much a genetics predator as a food predator (what do Xenos eat, anyway?), but they are a species based on adaptation and survival under the worst environmental conditions. Who knows how many and what kind of Xenos survived the power plant explosion, the effects of radiation? And of course, all it would take is one botched exploration by a new crew to instigate another outbreak...

I want to see how creative they got with this game :D

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 9:20:48 PM PST
hell no!

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 1:50:04 AM PST
Dog says:
I am also getting this game.. looking forward to playing it. if you wanna hit me up.. send me a FR. XBLGT: DogRox1
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Jun 7, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Aliens Colonial Marines Collector's Edition -Xbox 360
Aliens Colonial Marines Collector's Edition -Xbox 360 by Sega of America (Xbox 360)
3.3 out of 5 stars   (115)