Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (Extreme Unrated Set) [Blu-ray]
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Beyond Alien vs. Predator: Requiem
More from the Alien Series
AVP Customer Community
More blu-ray sci-fi from Fox
Stills from Alien vs. Predator: Requiem
Top Customer Reviews
This sequel to the previous AVP film picks up right where the last one left off and that is with a mutant alien/predator bursting out of the chest of the dead predator on his ship from the previous film. As I've been doing lately, I will dispense with the plot summary as this is no epic or great quality film that requires any real in-depth analysis even though it is fun entertainment. It's simply a satisfying sci-fi/horror flick with non-stop action as these two different aliens battle for supremacy in and underneath a small hick town south of nowhere.
As you may have read from many of the mixed reviews on here, this film has its hits and misses which resulted in so-so reviews and a rather lukewarm reception from fans of these two aliens.
(1) Great action sequences.
(2) Very good special effects and make-up.
(3) A cast of B actors that are both believable and rather likable.
(4) The return to R violence (kind of a necessity with this genre).
(5) The mutant alien is a great idea and played out nicely here.
(6) Numerous memorable and effective moments (you'll never forget the maternity ward scene!).
(7) The dark cinematography and rainy sequences is something of a return to the earlier Alien flicks (although a bit overdone here - see #1 below). It does create tension and it's a nice salute to the prior Alien films, but it also has its limitations.
(1) Okay, there is dark and then there "I can't see a darn thing" dark.Read more ›
1. Characters are bad, their performances are bad and at every opportunity they make bad choices. Especially the sheriff that guy was retarded or something.
2. What was the predator's motivation? At first I thought it was here to cover up / kill the escaped aliens when it was hiding bodies but then it started randomly killing people and leaving them skinned and hanging in trees.
3. I thought the National Guard troops were going to make the movie interesting. I was really hoping for some aliens/space marines style action. But they were all killed in like a minute by the aliens. "Game over man."
4. Alien acid blood flying everywhere and no one getting burned.
5. The blond girl getting killed.
6. Her borderline retarded boyfriend living.
7. Predator taking off all his weapons to fight the boss alien. Guess he wanted to keep it fare.
8. Aliens no longer need to lay eggs they now simply spit half a dozen embryos down people's throats. And all half dozen of them come popping out of their chest two and one half minutes later. Good for them that was a real weakness.
9. Fights are so dark you can't tell the Alien from the predator when they are rolling around. But with the amount of alien acid blood flying around he should have been a puddle.
10. The paratroopers should have mowed the survivors down as they exited the crashed helicopter. They just nuked the town for Christ sake they would want to cover that up. And the government deciding to nuke a town based on a 2 second clip of a alien.
It's like this movie was written by a couple of stupid drunken frat boys. I hear their next movie will be called "Ninjas VS Pirates".
Hope this review helps.
1. Prey (Aliens Vs. Predator, Book 1)
2. Hunter's Planet (Aliens Vs. Predator, Book 2)
3. War (Aliens Vs. Predator, Book 3)
So, given this context, I found the first AVP movie to be by far the most closely aligned with this vision of AVP, although disappointing that it stopped short of carrying through with the theme described in the novels. Not surprisingly, I found the second AVP movie (requiem), to not only be an unfaithful extension of that theme and a complete deviation from previously understood Alien canon, but also an utter mess of a movie in general.
I would rank the Alien movies as follows:
1. Aliens (*****)
2. Alien (*****)
3. AVP 1 (***)
4. Alien 3 (**)
5. Alien Resurrection (**)
6. AVP Requiem (*)
To provide additional insight about my view of this movie, I own all previously released Alien movies, but have no intention of wasting my money on this one.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I enjoyed it because I wanted to see it after loving the original AVP.Published 6 days ago by Kendra Roberts
I am writing this under the assumption that anyone reading this review probably hasn't seen the movie (yet) and doesn't want to know every single detail about the plot, ending,... Read morePublished 11 days ago by William Van Hefner
The quality of this movie, on every level, is atrocious. The majority of the scenes are too dark to make out what's happening on screen, the story is mostly irrelevant filler with... Read morePublished 19 days ago by N A Valerian
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Digital Copy
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Aliens
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Monsters & Mutants
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Science Fiction > General