Learn more about Windows 7 Home Premium below.
It includes a Draft-N wireless LAN, which will connect to 802.11n routers and offers compatibility with 802.11b/g networks as well. Other features include a 320 GB hard drive, 4 GB of installed DDR3 RAM, dual-layer DVD burner, 8-in-1 memory card reader, ExpressCard 34 slot, and high-definition 5.1 surround sound.
- 15.6-inch widescreen display with 1600 x 900-pixel resolution (Learn more)
- Windows 7 Home Premium makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. And you can watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV on Windows Media Center. Get the best entertainment experience with Windows 7 Home Premium. (Learn more)
- Get more features with Windows Anytime Upgrade. It's the best way to add features to Windows 7, takes as few as ten minutes, requires no software or downloads, and you'll keep your existing programs, files, and settings. Windows will walk you through the simple upgrade process.
- 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 720QM processor delivers maximum processing power in response to peak demands. You'll fly through everything you do on your PC--from playing intense 3D games to creating and editing digital video, music and photos. (Learn more)
- 320 GB hard drive
- 4 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (expandable to 8 GB)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M with 1 GB discrete graphics memory offers what gamers want most--hyper-realistic action with intense 3D visuals, plus vibrant, lifelike scenes and dynamic character effects--thanks to NVIDIA's PhysX technology. It goes beyond everyday gaming with built-in CUDA technology to speed demanding system tasks, like video playback and HD movie editing. You'll also enjoy up to a 50 percent improvement over previous generation mobile graphics processors, and a more rewarding Windows 7 experience with accelerated video and image processing.
- 8x multi-format DVD drive supports reading/writing of CD-R/RW, DVD±R, DVD±RW, DVD±R DL, and DVD-RAM
- Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n)
- Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)
- Norton Anti-Virus Gamer Edition (30 Day Trial)
- 9-cell battery
- Dimensions: 14.88 x 12.15 x 1.92 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 9 pounds
- Warranty: One-year with 24x7 technical support
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
Be ready for the next platform in wireless connectivity with an integrated Draft-N Wi-Fi chip. Based on the draft 802.11n Wi-Fi specification, it offers up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range as existing 802.11g wireless. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found in home routers and Wi-Fi hotspots). It also includes a next-generation ExpressCard card slot (replacing the PCMCIA slot), which lets you take advantage of thinner, faster, and lighter expansion cards for even more advanced wireless, networking, storage, and security features. It comes with the following external connectors:
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Includes 1 eSATA/USB combo port
- 1 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) port for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- 1 ExpressCard/34 slot
- 8-in-1 memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, and more
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
- RJ-45 port for Ethernet
What's in the Box
This package contains the Alienware M15X notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions
Windows 7 Home Premium makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. You can even watch, pause, rewind, and record TV. Get the best entertainment experience with Windows 7 Home Premium.
|Simplify everyday tasks||Work the way you want||Make new things possible|
| || || |
New in Windows 7, Jump Lists take you right to the documents, pictures, songs, or websites you turn to each day. To open a Jump List, just right-click a program icon on the Windows 7 taskbar. (You'll also find them on the Start menu.) What you see in a Jump List depends entirely on the program. The Jump List for Internet Explorer 8 shows frequently-viewed websites. Windows Media Player 12 lists commonly-played tunes. Your Jump List missing a favorite? You can "pin" whatever files you like there. Jump Lists don't just show shortcuts to files. Sometimes they also provide quick access to commands for things like composing new e‑mail messages or playing music.
Improved Windows Taskbar
In Windows 7 you can "pin" favorite programs anywhere on the taskbar for easy access. Not crazy about the icon lineup? Now you can rearrange them any way you like by clicking and dragging. Finally, there are new ways to preview windows. Point to a taskbar icon to see a thumbnail preview of open files or programs. Then, move your mouse over a thumbnail to preview the window full-screen. You can even close windows from the thumbnail previews--a big time saver.
Ever need to cut through a cluttered desktop and quickly focus on a single window? Just click a pane and give your mouse a shake. Every open window except that one instantly disappears. Jiggle again--and your windows are back.
The Core i7 720QM processor has a 2.8 GHz core speed with 8 processing threads via Intel Hyper-Threading technology. It also provides 8 MB of L3 Smart Cache. The Core i7 processor includes the following Intel technologies:
- Intel Turbo Boost technology maximizes speed for demanding applications, dynamically accelerating performance to match your workload--more performance when you need it the most.
- Intel Hyper-Threading technology enables highly threaded applications to get more work done in parallel. With 8 threads available to the operating system, multi-tasking becomes even easier.
- Intel Smart Cache provides a higher-performance, more efficient cache subsystem. Optimized for industry leading multi-threaded games.
- Intel QuickPath Interconnect is designed for increased bandwidth and low latency. It can achieve data transfer speeds as high as 25.6 GB/sec with the Extreme Edition processor.
- Integrated memory controller enables three channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory, resulting in up to 25.6 GB/sec memory bandwidth. This memory controller's lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.
- Intel HD Boost significantly improves a broad range of multimedia and compute-intensive applications. The 128-bit SSE instructions are issued at a throughput rate of one per clock cycle, allowing a new level of processing efficiency with SSE4 optimized applications.