|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1600 x 900|
|Max Screen Resolution||1600 x 900 pixels|
|Processor||1.73 hertz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||6 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||500 GB SATA|
|Graphics Coprocessor||ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5850|
|Card Description||Radeon HD 5850|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||1024 MB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||4|
Alienware m15x-472CSB 15-Inch Gaming Laptop (Cosmic Black) [Discontinued By Manufacturer]
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Intel Core i7-740QM 1.73GHz, 2.93GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache
- 6GB RAM (1333mhz); USB 2.0 Ports (3) RJ45 Ethernet IEEE 1394a (4-Pin) Port Audio-out Connectors (2) Audio-in/Microphone Jack Built-in Front Speakers (2)
- 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive; Slot-loading Dual-Layer (DVD+/-RW)
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850 (1GB); 15.6" High-Definition Widescreen (900p); 6 cell battery
- McAfee SecurityCenter with anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, 6 Months; Steam gaming portal
There is a newer model of this item:
Top Customer Reviews
Out of the box everything looks great. All of the specs lined up except one... it says it has an 8-cell battery; however, seeing that they don't make an 8 cell battery for this laptop, i have to think that maybe they meant to say a 9-cell battery? Well either way, that's not what this laptop has- it has a 6 cell battery. This gives you a lofty 1 hour of battery life just idling in windows. Now if you buy this kind of laptop, the chances of you just sitting in windows are fairly slim. The gaming battery life, I'm not sure, but I'm not holding my breath for more than 20 minutes.
That may not be much of a gripe, considering that this is more like a portable desktop, but it is irritating when you buy something that's misadvertised.
As for the performance, I was playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 last night and it looked stellar!
Bottom line, Dell quoted me a computer with the exact same specs, but they wanted $1900, so I see this as a bargain.
After about 5 days of using it very lightly, I did get a blue screen of death saying it had crashed, but it rebooted no problem so I am hoping that was just a one time deal as it did it while the Starcraft 2 program was open and that has happened to me on 2 other computers as well while running the game.
A few things that are inconvenient about the product is the fact that it only has 2 USB ports. I knew this before purchasing it, figuring I would just use the laptop keyboard for gaming, but it didn't feel comfortable, so I use my external keyboard, which uses the 2nd USB port leaving my headphone/microphone set unable to be used.
For what I am using it for, the computer is working great with only a few minor setbacks, but for the price, I am not complaining. On the actual Alienware site, the same system would run roughly 300-400 more so I strongly recommend ordering it on Amazon.
With minor problems and a good price, this computer will run your gaming relatively well for people on a moderate sized budget.
The computer is still going strong, I haven't gotten a blue screen of death besides that one time. It runs Starcraft 2 on the new Extreme settings perfectly.
The price of the product has gone up $400 on Amazon so I would not say it is as good of a deal, but so far this laptop has proven very useful.
1. It's just plain cool. It's a great looking computer. The lights on the keyboard and everywhere else are just fun to play with.
2. It's very solid. Some might call this heavy, but I don't mind. It feels sturdy and that's what I wanted.
3. It runs well and does what I need it to do. I haven't had any problems running games and programs when I need to.
4. The keyboard is great. I really like the design of each key, which is awesome since I write a lot.
5. Good speakers. I've always liked the sound when watching a movie with my wife or kids.
1. My first complaint is the AC plug. After lots of use, it easily slips out of its jack from the computer with very little pressure. It can be very very annoying.
2. The touchpad is terrible. I considered sending it back b/c I hated the touchpad so much. The buttons are too hard to push and the pad itself is just meh. I do use a mouse a lot, so this isn't a huge issue.
3. Heat. This computer can generate a lot of heat, and I've been painfully burned a couple of times (not second or third degree mind you) but enough that I've remembered it. It can get pretty darn hot, and I think I'm running an i3 processor.
4. The wireless card isn't great. I don't seem to pick up signals as well as other people's laptops or even ipads. Very disappointing.
5.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Laptop worked solidly for a little over 3 years and then one day the graphics card shorted out, had to order a replacement for around $200 and pay for repair ($80-$100). Read morePublished 6 months ago by JRR_Brolkien
I've had my M15 for a couple of years now. The enter key popped off but that isn't much. When I bought the laptop it game with Vista. Read morePublished on May 30, 2013 by Jonathan L. Mcneill
Gamers will be happy to know that you can run CPU-intensive games with little to no problems. I played starcraft, rift, league of legends, and WoW at the highest possible gfx... Read morePublished on September 17, 2011 by Podolski Nation
High performance. Great lighting effects! Beautiful screen.
Shipping is fast. Much earlier than estimated delivery day. Read more
Companies like Asus make excellent computers at good prices, but now that Alienware has come back down in price, there's little reason not to go with the best. Read morePublished on August 23, 2011 by Anthony J. Gallela
First i got this laptop off alienware.com not on amazon because i like it custom build with my name on the back. the performance is super fast. Read morePublished on July 26, 2011 by michael qi
product works awesome...def is heavy but what would you expect from this type of laptop. Its very fast i havent been able to choke the laptop yet ive played a few games on it one... Read morePublished on July 11, 2011 by Ron
For the price this high performance machine is really a bargain. You only have to notice that is NOT a portable machine, since it is really heavy! Read morePublished on April 21, 2011 by Gabriel P. da Silva
Not impressed, very heavy, very slow when on battery, conflicts on the Display adapter. Uneasy keyboard typing... Returned it and bought a latitude e6150 instead, way better.Published on March 26, 2011 by buyer
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.