5.0 out of 5 stars perfect travel chair, June 8, 2011
rioloko (Washington D.C.) - See all my reviews
I am not a backpacker/outdoorsy type, but bought this Alite Monarch chair b/c I wanted something light and packable for my travels. I had looked at some others, even thought about buying a Crazy Creek one, but decided on this one b/c of it's packing size, eventhough it costs almost twice the price (mine was $60). When packed away in its carry bag, it's the size of a wine bottle (slightly wider) and wieghs almost nothing! It took me only 2 minutes to assemble it the first time and even faster now. The design is ingenious, and construction seems very sturdy. It claims a load of 250lbs, I don't weigh near that so cannot confirm this claim, but I don't feel any fear of it breaking holding my weight. The chair is designed so that your legs replace the chair's legs. So, u basically balance yourself on the 2 rubber-like balls to your comfort height/level. I find it doesn't tire my legs out as much. The seat material is very durable, all 4 corners have reinforced padding and are double stitched, so sitting in it is rather comfy and easy. I have yet to test it outdoors, but use it extensively in my room to play Playstation and read, and expect it to do fine when I do get back out to travel again. I expect it to last for a long time.
So overall, I'd highly recommend this to anyone who wants a portable/travel chair. Be prepared to pay more, but I believe it will be worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light weight comfort, August 1, 2011
Chris (Kalamazoo, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alite Designs Monarch Butterfly Chair: Red
If you're going for light weight and comfort, this isn't a bad way to go.

Two legs seemed daunting at first but after a couple minutes of sitting in it I figured out exactly how to get myself "just so."

Assembles/disassembles really easily and quickly. All in all, a great design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 1, 2011
This review is from: Alite Designs Monarch Butterfly Chair: Red
I've taken this on a few backpacking trips - very lightweight, and GREAT to have some back support after a long day. Having only 2 legs seems like a bit of a disadvantage, but you learn how to sit in it, and it's wildly comfortable.

This is the chair I will break out at house parties when we don't have enough seating.

Alite Designs Monarch Butterfly Chair: Red