Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Alive in South Africa
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon October 26, 2005
Israel and New Breed came out with another good album. My favorite song on the album is "Not Forgotten [Radio Version]". That particular song has an interesting flavor, it taste like Africa and the Middle East with a dash of Carribean. This was the song that made me really want to get the album when I had downloaded the free editted version of the radio song. They even have a live version of that song on the album which is just as good and it comes with a charged up reprise.

My other favorite song on the album is "Turn it Around". Then my favorite worship song is "To Worship You I Live(Away)" that flows into a medley of songs on the next track. I also like Jonathan Butler's song "Come and Let Us Sing".

Then they have an encore of their hit songs from previous albums. This is a great album for exhortation, encouragement, and declaration.

I wish I was there at this recording, considering that South Africa had/has a division between race/color. New Breed is like a symbol of unity between the races in Jesus Christ which makes them the perfect American group to go to South Africa.
on October 27, 2005
Alive in South Africa is by far the best gospel project to come out this year. It has everything you want to hear and feel from a Praise and Worship experience. I don't know if this project will top Live from Another Level, but it's very close race between the two projects. The entire project is AWESOME, but the two songs that jump directly into my spirit was No Limit(Slow Version)Enlarge my Territory and Not Forgetten/He Knows My Name.

May God continue to bless Israel and New Breed for their innovative ways of spreading his words through Music
on October 26, 2005
If you enjoyed "Live from Another Level" you will definitely enjoy this CD. "Not Forgotten," "No Limits," "Away," "Favor of the Lord" -- where could I begin? I nearly wore out Israel's previous releases "New Season" and "Another Level," but this may be the best yet. I'll have to listen a few more times before I decide.

In short, there are so many good tracks on this CD, that if you love gospel and worship music, or if you have liked any of Israel and New Breed's past work, this is a must buy.
on December 15, 2005
Israel Houghton and New Breed can do no wrong it seems. Their sound is always fresh, always dynamic, and always brings something new (in sound or in message) to the table. This album is no different.

Like his last album, this is a double CD effort (which I love by the way, the more music the better). Prosperity and increase are the main focuses of the 1st CD, with songs like "Favor Of The Lord", "Turn It Around", "No Limits", "Take The Limits Off", and "It's Raining" mainly talking about "opening the windows of heaven, blessed to be a blessing, enlarging my territory" and so on. While some people may be put off by the "prosperity" talk, it is no doubt still sanctioned by God for us to be blessed with increase and abundance, and there is no problem in rejoicing in the promises of the Lord. Israel's 9 year old daughter, Mariah Houghton, makes a guest appearance on "He Knows My Name" and does an excellent job. Be sure to remember that name for the future: MARIAH HOUGHTON.

So CD 1 gets an A+ in my book. My favourites include "Alive", "Favor Of The Lord", and "Not Forgotten".

The 2nd CD is more in the vein of the previous efforts from Israel & New Breed; worship, worship, and MORE worship. There are songs of deep adoration that will definitely take you to the throne of grace ("To Worship You I Live, "Alpha & Omega", "Worship Medley") and songs of high energy praise and worship ("Still Standing, "I Will", and "Come And Let Us Sing"). My favourites on this CD are "Still Standing", "You've Been A Friend", "Alpha and Omega" (a great worship song that will most definitely be sung in churches all across the world), and "Come And Let Us Sing", which features the famous Johnathan Butler, who actually hails from South Africa. He wrote and produced this song, and does an excellent job. Him and Israel go back and forth on this effort, making this song one of the highlights of the album.

After the Johnathan Butler song, Israel & New Breed then go into an "encore" session where they rehash hits from two of their previous albums, New Season and Another Level. These included "New Season" (from the New Season album), "Your Latter Will Be Greater" (from New Season), "You Are Good" (from New Season), "Again I Say Rejoice" (Another Level), and "Friend Of God" (Another Level).

Another excellent album from an excellent singer/songwriter/husband/father/praise and worship leader/man of God. Israel Houghton is definitely anointed for this time, and each one of his albums carries that anointing with them. If you cherish the anointing of the Holy Spirit, pick up each and every album Israel Houghton has put out.

Also, there is a DVD that will be out as a follow-up to this CD. Be on the lookout for that.

Kingdom Blessings.

'Dre
on October 17, 2006
My husband and I are enjoying this CD more than any other CD we've bought in the last year. Let me start by saying this--if you prefer traditional or stodgy Christian music, this is *not* the CD for you. (There--I said it!) There's some cutting edge stuff for Christians--namely the song "I Am Not Forgotten", which made me think of a "Shakira-type" song. <grin>

Before you decide that sound is not for you, remember, the church should have music for every sort of person--we should be able to reach out to people of every race, color and disposition with a sound that draws them to acknowledge our God. "I Am Not Forgotten" reminds everyone of our Omnicient God.

The intro of the CD is worthy of any concert. It's exciting, fun and well executed. The orchestration is powerful and interesting.

The song "Alive" is happening! If you cut loose at church instead of singing boring songs, this is an AWESOME Easter song. Blessed be our risen Savior!

When we watched the DVD, we got the full effect of the song, "Alpha and Omega". It was wonderful watching Israel, his singers, the musicians, the congregation--EVERYONE--overcome by the presence of the LORD. Those who were able to sing continued, others (including Israel) knelt and wept openly at the wonderful, overwhelming presence of God.

God is worthy of our best offerings of praise. If you have found yourself in a rut of the same old songs and the same old arrangements and the same old key and the same old scriptures, give this CD a chance. You will be uplifted, encouraged, inspired and blessed.
on February 11, 2015
I ordered this simply for the DVD, but the additional CDs were a bonus. I watched this concert on YouTube, and instantly knew that I had to have it for my personal collection! I felt a powerful spirit as I watched the concert, and all within the first 30 minutes! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
on October 27, 2005
After playing this release for three straight days everytime i got in my car I've come to the conclusion that Isreal & New Breed are in a class of their own. This concert is another amazing display of their never ending love of the Lord through song. The single "Not Forgotten" is steller, as well as "Take the Limits Off" and "Surely" from the first disc. The second disc is a mix new and old material but still generates enough of a praise party to satisfy. Favorites include "Still Standing", "You've Been a Friend" and "To Worship You I Live (Away)".

I love everything about this release and it only strengthens my gratitude to this ministry. They truly minister to me on every level.
on November 22, 2005
I never thought that it was possible for any minister of the Gospel in song to match the incomparable "Pages of Life" double album 1st released by Fred Hammond and RFC back in 1999. In fact I had believed that only Hammond could match Hammond but.....Our Heavenly Father has done something new, rich , exciting and sacred through Isreal and the team. Finally, another treasure to put up there with the classics from Andre Crouch, Commissioned and the Winans. This worship experience ministers to the deep places of the Soul- Be Blessed by it... a new Sound in the Earth.
on May 18, 2006
Alive in South Africa is flat out the best album I have listened to. I thought New Season was good and Live from Another Level was better, but this one is definitely the best. For me, "Not Forgotten" is the best new song of the season, but my favorite is actually "Alpha and Omega". I listen to a lot of Praise and Worship albums, but Israel is still my man... If I had to choose only one album with me on an island all by myself, I'd not hesitate at all to go for Alive in South Africa.
on March 8, 2006
Once again.. Israel has done it!! I own every Israel & New Breed CD except for the very first one and I can honestly say that I have never been disappointed.. You can tell that he has spent time with the Lord as to what he should write, sing and or play.. this CD is very anointed...My favorite songs are Alpha and Omega, Favor of the Lord, Surely, Take the Limits off, No Limits, and numbers 5-7 on CD# 2 This is absolutely a must have!!