4.0 out of 5 stars Great for winter dog walking
As a volunteer at the local SPCA, I am out in the coldest weather walking dogs. These gloves are just the thing for hooking up leashes without freezing hands or fingers. I purchased these gloves on Amazon and had them quickly.
Published on October 26, 2011 by Anne V. Enste

2.0 out of 5 stars Warm, but not well made
I usually don't write a lot of reviews, but I wanted to for this product. I'll keep this short... The gloves are very warm, I live in Chicago and when I have these gloves on, I can barely tell how cold it is. I like how the bottom is able to be rolled down to cover more of your arm and I find the material comfortable.

That's the good, the bad: The velco used to...
Published on December 22, 2011 by J. Abels

2.0 out of 5 stars Warm, but not well made, December 22, 2011

That's the good, the bad: The velco used to hold the mitten part back is small and mine are already coming loose after only a month of use. Additionally, the material in the front of each glove (on the palm) is ALSO coming loose after a month of use. I can't imagine I'm the only person that is having this problem... I work at an office and do NO physical labor with these gloves on. They sit on my desk when not in use.

I'm pretty disappointed with how quickly these are coming apart. On one hand they are warm, comfortable and effective, yet on the other they are poorly made.

2.0 out of 5 stars I had to return these, December 23, 2011
Rachel A (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
These gloves are unisex and a bit large for my average sized hands. My thumb and pinky could not even reach the opening.

Also, the wool is itchier than I would have liked. The fleece stops right before the fingers - so if you don't like scratchy wool feeling, then your fingers will not be happy. (Ironically, the fleece continues through on the thumb). I can't recommend this product because I was so uncomfortable in them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product!, February 25, 2013
This review is from: Alki'i Suede Palm 3M Thinsulate Thermal Insulation Fingerless Texting Work Gloves with Mitten Cover - 2 colors (Apparel)
This was exactly the type of glove/mitten I was looking for. Sadly, as soon as I wore it...I was disappointed. Within my 1 hour of commute via public transportation, 2 tears appeared in the thumb area. I think this is where the seam is, nonetheless I took them off and now they are in a drawer waiting to be returned. They were great, warm and practical but made very poorly
I read other reviews and took a chance, BUT please don't! You'll regret this purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible... had to return them, November 11, 2013
these gloves are horrible. I have no idea why they are listed as womens. They do not keep your hands warm at all if you have small hands because you are constantly fighting to keep them on so the air gets in. Unless you are a woman with huge hands, skip these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, but do the trick, January 23, 2012
They're good looking, certainly warm enough to do the work of a good pair of gloves, but the stitch work is shoddy, and I feel as if I expanded my hands in them the material would tear. I'm happy with them, but mostly because the price is low. I worry that in two weeks when the Velcro patch has come off, and the palm pad has peeled loose, and I'm shopping a new pair, I may not feel the same way. I'm taking them to a tailor to see if I can get it reinforced, which may be an extra 5-10 bucks, but may be worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for winter dog walking, October 26, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Warm for Wisconsin Winter? Maybe, March 29, 2013
MissSpooky (La Crosse, WI) - See all my reviews
I got an Amazon gift certificate for Christmas, and decided I wanted to get a couple pairs of really warm winter gloves for my trip to Europe the following month.

It's hard to tell by reviews whether or not a pair of gloves is ACTUALLY warm when people say, "I haven't worn it outside yet, but they're warm when I tried them on in my house!" That doesn't actually give an accurate description of whether or not these will stand up in cold weather in the slightest.

Firstly, the open thumb idea is really stupid and I am amazed I haven't sewn it shut yet, because it's not useful and it's very annoying, since the thumb is the only finger left on its own, not snuggled up with the other four fingers under the mitten part. I don't know why I keep thinking fingerless "glittens" are a smart idea - your toes and fingertips are the first things to get cold outside, so why make a warm pair of winter gloves and then not cover up the fingertips?

I have been wearing these all winter with a secondary pair of fleece-lined knit gloves underneath them (Double-Layered, Super Warm Unisex Gloves with Extra Long Cuff, Black) but did not take into account that since it's a sweater-like knit, it will constantly get caught on velcro and anything else with small hooks. I have been commuting all winter (and always) on my bicycle, and it's aggravating to have to take off my gloves to put my (velcro-closure) bike lights on to try to keep these gloves in good condition. I would say wearing these alone in weather below 35F is not smart, especially if it is windy.

The velcro has been staying alright - only one of the squares is loose. I will probably take off all of the velcro pieces, because, as I said, putting velcro on knit is a moronic idea because it will only snag. The cuffs are a nice length, and even after having been stretched out, they go back close to their original shape. I also had trouble keeping the mitten part over the fingers sometimes - the velcro should be on the palm to keep the whole glove closed. I don't understand the purpose of the suede-like palm; it hasn't enhanced the grip on my handlebars at all, though maybe in a car it makes a difference.

So in short: If you live somewhere that gets below 35F with wind, don't buy these because they will not keep your hands warm. If you have a thin pair of liner gloves to go underneath them. Also, my hands are average sized for a lady, my fingers aren't stumpy, but I always feel like a clumsy idiot when I wear these because they're so gargantuan. I could likely sew up the fingers and they wouldn't be too terribly short - they come up pretty high so that just my fingernails are showing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice for about 3 days then they simply fell apart...Stitching coming undone in and out., October 25, 2013
Even the thinsolate emblem is falling off. Most importantly the insulation inside is simply coming undone. So when you insert your hands in them, you pull out the insulation and then what to you get? A pile of yarn...Scale 1-5? How about a Negative 5 or -5.

Right at the time of year when I needed them...

Regards

2.0 out of 5 stars Regretful thumbs down, January 31, 2012
The gloves are warm and the sleeves are long enough to cover any gaps between sleeves and hands. The suede palm pad is great for gripping items and a vehicle's steering wheel. The convertibility from mittens to fingerless gloves is a benefit when I need to root around in my bag for something, put on glasses, and with some difficulty, text or phone.

Unfortunately, the disadvantages of these gloves outweigh the advantages. I've got rather large woman's hands, but still, these gloves feel too big. The mitten part of the glove pulls away from my fingers too easily, exposing them to the cold air. The velcro patch that keeps the mitten flap out of the way when you're using your fingers - it's in the precise spot to scrape your skin when you scratch your nose. Ouch. And the velcro attachment between the two parts (mitten flap and the back of the glove) isn't very strong, so the two come apart prettily easily. After fewer than a dozen wearings, there's already a hole in one glove's sleeve.

The thumb flap gets in the line of vision when I'm trying to push phone buttons. Super annoying.

The overall concept is good; I'd just go with a different brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these gloves!, October 10, 2011
I love these gloves. When I first saw them I thought they looked huge, but when I tried them on they were nice and comfy. I also bought a pair for my son. I can't wait to wear them in the winter. I'm sure they will be warm and toasty. I really like that they are not too tight but it's a very nice fit. My son is excited about the thumb bending back. And the delivery was quick too.