5.0 out of 5 stars great yoga pants
Didn't have much expectations on this product at first. When it came I put them on and it was like magic! They are comfortable, breathable and like another reviewer said "just enough cling" I am a larger woman and this does not show extra dimples or folds that i did not want seen. Will order more soon.
Published 19 months ago by sumbeen

1.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
Published on October 8, 2012 by Steph

1.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Alki'i Women's Cotton Lycra Fold over Yoga Pant (Apparel)
Update: I have decided to delete my first review where I said these were the best pants I have ever owned, since these are not even the same pants anymore. These are definitely not made out of the same material that they used to be. They are different pants entirely now, and they are not as good as they once were. They are more cottony and thick, and less flattering and form fitting. I liked the former pants much better because it was more spandexy than cotton (unlike now) and since I own two huskies, it's important for me personally to purchase pants that aren't going to act as a lint roller to my dogs as well. Even disregarding my need for those type of pants, I already prefer those types of pants. They were much more comfortable, lightweight and flattering. These new kind are very heavy and the cloth between your thighs will start to roughen. In every aspect, these pants are disappointing to what they were before and I won't be purchasing them again. It is extremely disappointing! Yep, these pants are yuck now. :-( I wish there was some way to find the original product!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great yoga pants, May 21, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for shorties, June 19, 2012
Pros: I'm 5'4" and it's nice to find pants I don't need to hem. They fit great... crotch doesn't look all weird and my butt looks great in them. The material is very soft and comfortable. They're just very cute.

Cons: After one wear just around the house, no exercising yet, the material on the inner thigh is a bit rough (my thighs don't rub together that much!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and Comfortable, July 7, 2013
"You're a natural yogini," she said. By the end of the class, I was sold on yoga completely, so I spent a small fortune on a three month membership to the studio where she works. Turns out, yoga has changed my life in a few short weeks! The problem is, I started going with one old pair of yoga pants I bought when I was pregnant with my youngest because they were stretchy. I needed something new, inexpensive (remember that fortune I spent on the membership?) and that would fit my rather large figure. Yep, I'm a fat girl that is learning yoga.

These pants do NOT disappoint. I have long been accustomed to fabric at the inner thigh pilling, and this is no different. I understand I'll have to pay through the nose to get something that won't pill quickly, and that's just not in my budget. I can handle pilling for the comfort these pants provide! The fold over waist seemed odd to me at first, but I quickly adjusted and actually came to really like that extra little bit of fabric for some poses. The length that some dislike is really nice for me, as I like it when my pants sort of bunch up around my shoes and then can cover my feet when I am barefoot. The length does not hinder my yoga practice at all, although I can see if someone had legs much shorter than mine it would.

I have asked for a few more pairs of these pants to cover those weeks when I only get to laundry once. Now if I could only find a sports bra that worked for me!

Other notes:
- True to size, maybe even a tiny bit big as my huge butt fits in an XL.
- Long length, but not a hindrance for a 5'7" girl with a very long torso.
- Not too low riding for those of us with bellies that aren't perfect and flat.
- Thin and great for warm days when you don't want to wear shorts.
- Great for lounging around the house as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE these...maybe a bit too much..., August 6, 2013
R T (The Beach) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alki'i Women's Cotton Lycra Fold over Yoga Pant (Apparel)
The description says these are great for daily wear...and I have tested this quite thoroughly the past month or so. I originally bought one pair of these & at that time there was only 2 colors in my size available. When they arrived I went to amazon to write a glowing review & I saw they added more colors...so I bought 2 more pairs - because they're just SO nice!!! Well I probably shouldn't have done that, since I've worn these pants probably 5 days out of the week now ever since (I work in sports, so I'm not required to wear anything too nice - these with an adidas or nike shirt are just fine for my job...but I think even they're wondering if I own anything other than yoga pants anymore).

These are *amazing* - they are SOOOO comfy - when I first saw them I laughed when I read "luxurious" & thought they were just trying to sell their pants. They aren't - while I think luxurious might be a bit too strong of a word - there's something about these pants that's just really really nice...

They do run long - longer than any of the other yoga pants I've ever tried. I'm 5'6-5'7 & these flap over my a heels just a bit. I bought the large (I'm just under 150lbs right now) - which fit pretty well.

The colored band is surprisingly strong - which I like it helps keep those extra pounds a bit more hidden. But one thing that made me a bit sad was one pair seems to have stretched out just a bit at the waist - I find myself constantly pulling them up now. I'm super gentle when washing my clothes (like borderline OCD about it) - so I doubt it was anything I did...but I wonder if maybe the coloring process for that pair weakens the fabric a bit? I don't know - all I know is they seem a bit looser around the waist. I did lose a few pounds since buying these - but not much - just 4-5lbs so far, & since it's only an issue with one pair, I doubt it's the weight loss that's playing a factor.

The pant legs are also a great durable fabric that won't bud from friction. My thighs still touch right now (just barely...but enough to drive me mad) - and for some of the other pants I bought this was an issue & the fabric beaded up & got all nubby from the friction. While I can definitely notice a difference in the softness of the fabric in that area, there's nothing visibly different that the friction has caused.

Like I said - I've worn all three pairs for weeks now - they've stood up wonderfully to the wear & the washing with the exception of the one light green pair (which I'm still wearing...I'll probably keep wearing them until they literally fall off).

I just really hope these are still around in a few months since I might need to buy some more in mediums (if I'm able to keep up the weight-loss momentum)...while I'll be thrilled to keep losing the weight - I'd be so sad if these didn't fit & I couldn't get replacements!!

_____________________________________________

Update - I finally found another pair of yoga pants I love almost just as much - the PattyBoutik Stretch Foldover Waistband Bootcut Lounge Sport Athletic Yoga Pant. The fit is perfect - and almost identical to these.

The differences:
1) The material is definitely not as thick as these - but still MUCH thicker than the literally dozens of other yoga pants I have tried at this point (yeah...my yoga pant obsession continues...while I love these - I crave a color other than black!!!)
2) The length - the Pattyboutik ones aren't as long - they just barely touch the floor on me (5'7"; I normally wear a 33" inseam to get that 1/2-1" hangover in jeans) - literally just barely (these - the alki'i ones - have about 1/2-1" extra that flaps over my heel - which is just the way I like my yoga pants to be).

But the fit on the pattyboutik ones is nice enough for me to put them up there alongside these - mainly because they come in a color other than black (for the legs).

Also - if your thighs on the thinner side (well - thinner than mine I guess - mine are pretty much still just barely touching...most days at least) you should also check out the T-Party yoga pants - the material on those is comparable to these - thick, quality pants. But my thighs felt like I was wearing compression pants - so unfortunately the fit on those just don't work :( shame since they have a ton more colors.

4.0 out of 5 stars good ol pair of yoga pants, April 21, 2012
i'm 5'5", 130lbs, muscular build, and the size small fits great.

the material is a little bit thin but i can't complain for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pants!, August 29, 2012
These make your butt look great! They are plenty long enough and fit snugly, but not too snugly in all the right places. Sometime the band rolls up a little, But that is better than falling down at least you don't end up showing skin!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap pants, nothing special, September 28, 2012
PROS:
They look fine
They fit true to size
They don't ride up or down
Stitching seems pretty durable

CONS:
Very thin material
Not very soft

With the reviews these were getting, I definitely expected a phenomenal yoga pant. I was rather disappointed. The pants are OK, but nothing special.

5.0 out of 5 stars better then I expected, May 7, 2013
these pants fit better then I expected - the length is just about right, and fit well. Even though I am done having kids I think that these would also work well for someone who is looking for a pair of pants that would fit through most of their pregnancy and then after with a bit of streach. They feel like they are good quality materials and have washed well without shrinking. I would definitally recommend these pants and will be buying more soon. The shipping was pretty quick too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never going to VS again., January 16, 2014
This review is from: Alki'i Women's Cotton Lycra Fold over Yoga Pant (Apparel)
I LOVE THESE PANTS. I recently had a baby and am in a bizarre transition phase where maternity clothes are too big and my pre-pregnancy clothes are still too small, so I live in yoga pants. My three pairs of VS pants did not survive the pregnancy (neither did my thighs, sigh), and I was so mad that something so expensive could still wear out, so I bought these instead hoping to get something similar in quality for a much lower price. I did! I love them. They are snug at the waist but roomy in the legs, and the length is perfect. I am 5'8", somewhere between 165 and 180 pounds, and I ordered a large. Fits great.