5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, June 24, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: All Available Boats: The Evacuation of Manhattan Island on September 11, 2001 (Paperback)
I HATE READING BUT I SAW AN ARTICLE IN MY BOATING MAGIZINE ABOUT THIS BOOK SO I HAD TO GET. I READ THE WHOLE THING IN 2 DAYS. THIS IS FULL OF INFO THE NEWS STATIONS NEVER TOLD YOU ON THIS DAY WE WILL NEVER FORGET. THIS IS A MUST FOR ANYONE. NEVER FORGET 9/11

5.0 out of 5 stars All Available Boats, August 31, 2011
Short read with lots of pictures. Good book on September 11th and very touching story on what happened that day in New York City. A real eye opener that is sad but shows the hero's on that terrible day. I would recommend it if you want some inside stories on what happened on that day that will always be remembered by all of us.

Mary

5.0 out of 5 stars A much overlooked yet critical segment of 9/11 rescue., August 6, 2013
I had no idea of all the effort that went into the water rescue- 450,000 people were picked up all along the shoreline of lower Manhattan and taken out of harms way by these fearless mariners. The photographs and stories were startlingly new, fresh, even for me, another volunteer on that awful day.
BklynMom

5.0 out of 5 stars New insight into a familiar tragedy, January 19, 2012
This book is heartening, and provides a lot of insight into one aspect of the 9/11 tragedy with which most of us have no experience. Although most of us saw television or still photos taken from offshore, I do not think many of us focused on the boats, and mariners, heading towards the devastation. I have always had a great admiration for those who, "...go down to the sea in ships." My admiration is if anything greater now.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Available Boats!, October 29, 2011
This @mims Twitter post: 'Moving documentary of 9/11 evacuation by boat shows #resilience of cities[...]reminded me of how humbled and impressed I was after reading how successfuly the evacuation was conducted by literally 'All Hands' who came together and made a difference during this crisis!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, October 25, 2014