5.0 out of 5 stars All-Clad LTD 12-Inch Round Nonstick Grille Pan - The BEST!
Published on May 13, 2003 by Mrs. Romano

Published on August 15, 2007 by Joshua G. Feldman

5.0 out of 5 stars All-Clad LTD 12-Inch Round Nonstick Grille Pan - The BEST!, May 13, 2003
Mrs. Romano "Mrs. Romano" (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All-Clad 3012 Hard Anodized Aluminum Nonstick 12-Inch Round Grille Pan Specialty Cookware, Black (Kitchen)
I am not a big fan of the All Clad LTD line but I do love this pan. I much prefer the All Clad polished stainless steel line (I have almost every piece and love it). This grill is a perfect size for grilling for 1-4 people. I debated on the grande size, I decided that since I don't grill everyday it didn't make sense to spend the extra money and deal with storing the larger size. Also, I selected the round style over the square, my stove burners are round so I figured that the round style made more sense for me.
I often marinade chicken tenders in Emeril Lagasse's marinade (he has several different marinades that you can find in your local supermarket) a day in advance and heat up this pan and toss on the chicken. I usually make a veggie or two and some rice, it is a very quick and easy dinner and is also very healthy! You can also use this pan for everything from burgers to a tuna steak.
This pan is not dishwasher safe due to the nonstick surface, but don't worry it is a breeze to clean. I have the George Foreman grill that has been sitting in the cabinet collecting dust since I bought this pan. I don't like the George Foreman grill because you can't really wash the grill surface very well. The grill surface should be removable so you can really clean it. This pan is very, very well made and is backed by a lifetime warranty. Sometimes this pan is sold as a special..., if you see it grab it. It is a steal at that price. Once you try All Clad you will be hooked too! Highly recommended! A+!

5.0 out of 5 stars Throw out the rest of them!, September 21, 2002
I've been using grill pans for years and have bought many brands. This is the best one, hands-down. I gave away all five of the others I owned after the first time I used this pan. I love All Clad cookware in general and this is my first non-stick. The results are so superior to any other grill pan I recommend it to everyone. If you want healthy and perfectly prepared grilled food, whether it's fish, meat or vegetables, without a drop of added fat, this pan is for you. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grille Pan Passions, July 8, 2002
By A Customer
Until I used this product, I too, wouldn't have believed that one could become passionate about a cooking utensil. But All-Clad has outdone themselves with their LTD nonstick line. I've been wanting an upscale grill pan for a while, but was reluctant to spend a small fortune. This product would be well worth it at twice the price. Heat distribution is outstanding; meat, poultry and vegetables have beautiful grill marks and NOTHING STICKS! Even burnt on cheese from chicken cordon blue wipes out with a paper towel. Needless to say, cleanup is a snap. I've put my outdoor BBQ on hiatus~ this gives terrific results without the uneven blasts of heat, the bugs and the wilted appearance of the hostess (ME!) after standing over a hot grill in 96 degree heat while everyone else in staying cool, sipping on pina coladas. It's a MUST HAVE.

3.0 out of 5 stars A fine example of a nonstick grill pan - but nonstick grill pans are a flawed concept. Also - it's not "clad"., August 15, 2007
I'm a big fan of All-Clad and have a lot of All-Clad LTD and MasterChef pots and pans. I feel All-Clad has a great design methodology and makes great quality gear. Also, their non-stick coating is the best in the business. This grill pan, however, isn't actually clad - the secret of its low price. It's made from a single piece of anodized aluminum - like a Calphalon pan - as a brief examination of the edge reveals. The beefy handle is the most All-Clad thing about it. The nonstick coating isn't the usual All-Clad type either - although it certainly is top quality. As a grill pan, this one is very good - that's not the problem.

Grill pans make grill marks on your food - but are no substitute for actually grilling. There's no smoke flavor or high heat caramelization. The only thing the grill pan gives you is the sear marks. To that end, the nonstick surface fights you. Metal gives much better sear marks than nonstick coatings. In order to get a nonstick pan to give good sear you must really crank the heat up. This makes a lot of smoke - which make a good lid a necessity. Sadly, this pan doesn't include a lid. I found that the Calphalon 12" "Everyday" pan's lid is a perfect fit by coincidence - so I use it every time.

I have the luxury of a grill outside my kitchen door. I'm the kind of hardy soul who has no problem stepping out in the snow in shirtsleeves to flip the steaks. I find all grill pans to be a very poor substitute to actually grilling. Maybe if I lived in the city and couldn't grill as easily I'd be more enamored of this pan. As it is, I mainly use it under duress (such as during bad rain storms when I reluctantly must grill indoors).

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the One!, August 19, 2002
I recently tossed a Calphalon grill pan in the trash after I could not clean it after use. Looking for another grill pan to replace it, I found this gem. I don't know how Amamzon can offer this high quality pan for this price, but grab it. Wonderful heat distribution, very large cook surface and NOTHING sticks!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe the price!, March 6, 2004
M (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I could not believe that I found this pan at this price. I was further astounded when I received it and started cooking on it. It is absolutely fabulous. NY Strip streak comes out truly delicious when you simply sprinkle some salt and cracked pepper on it and then throw it on the grill pan. Also works great for bacon. Also works great for burgers. Also works great for...anything you could think of. For cleaning, I recommend immediately filling it with water after taking the food out, enough to cover all the bottom, and then let it sit til after dinner and you start doing the dishes. If you do this, then I recommend an OXO brush (ASIN B0000CFQOB) with nylon bristles. Gently brush between the grooves to loosen the remaining material and then use a sponge. I recommend the nylon brush because it is hard to get a sponge to get every bit of remaining material along the grooves. But overall this is incredibly easy to clean and even easier to cook on. I still cannot believe I paid only fifty for this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stove top grilling at its finest !!, July 6, 2003
"casbmorris" (Fair Oaks, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
All Clad happens to be my all time choice for cookware. When I first took this pan from the box I was thinking... hmm this is lighter than what I am used to in All Clad cookware.. But.. it acts like All Clad cookware once you put it to the test. So far I have grilled chicken, salmon, and baby back ribs on this Grille pan. Everything came out perfect and the clean up couldnt have been easier, even with my sticky but tastey bbq sauces. As another reviewer has stated.. I am now using this and only this Grille pan and have given away my George Forman 14" grill. Another great pan from All Clad and well worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WAS NEEDED, January 10, 2009
JOJO (MIDWEST, USA) - See all my reviews
THIS GRILL PAN IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE WITH CERAMIC COOK TOPS. I WISH I HAD KNOWN THAT BEFORE I ORDERED IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outperforms my expectations, September 18, 2003
Young Powell (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
If you have reservations about getting this All Clad Nonstick Grill Pan, don't!! All grill pans are not created equal! This beautiful pan was so easy to cleanup- even after I over grilled my fish. Some soap and hot water-that was it. The pan heats up nice and even so my food cooked without any one place hotter than the rest. Translation- food is cooked evenly! The best part was the cool touch handle. It never even got warm. You need to follow the instructions on curing before the first use so that it will perform as advertised. If you don't, you can't blame it on the pan. Although All Clad is pricier than other brands, it is certainly worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for fish, November 20, 2003
By A Customer
This pan is the one I reach for when "grilling" fish. It adds a great flavor that's a close second to the Le Creuset grill pans. The Le Creuset pans yield a slightly better flavor, but the skin of the fish always sticks to the pan. If you eat a lot of fish and want to buy only one grill pan, then All Clad is the one. If you plan to grill mostly other meats and vegetables, then the Le Creuset may be a better option. Or better yet, get both of these great pans!

Rate and Discover Movies