5.0 out of 5 stars Typical All-Clad quality!
Published on August 15, 2004 by Amazon Fan

1.0 out of 5 stars Lifetime warranty is a farce
Published on April 13, 2012 by RS

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical All-Clad quality!, August 15, 2004
This review is from: All-Clad LTD Nonstick Grande Grille Pan (Kitchen)
I have tried several stove top grills, so I feel qualified to comment on this one. First I bought the non-stick aluminum Nordicware grill, which worked ok till the non-stick peeled. Next I tried the LeCreuset, which was sooooo heavy, hard to clean, and began to develop rust spots. Next was the Lodge Logic, which was similar to the LeCreuset, but cheaper. (Too heavy and hard to clean.) Finally, I purchased this All-Clad Grande Grille Pan, which is the largest of the lot. It cooks evenly over two burners on my gas stove and cleans up easily with a little soaking. So far, this grill out performs any of the others and I am finally HAPPY with my purchase! (If you are a Foodie, you may notice Giada DeLaurentis using this same grill on "Everyday Italian".) If you are in the market for a quality stove-top grill, this one won't disappoint you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-made for what it's for, June 7, 2005
J. Dormont (New York City) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All-Clad LTD Nonstick Grande Grille Pan (Kitchen)
It's important to realize that this grill pan won't heat up like your outdoor charcoal grill, retain heat like cast iron (le creuset or lodge), or even cook fish, chicken, and steak the same way as a gas grill. What this incredibly easy to use (both for cooking and cleaning) piece of kitchen ware is great for is finding that perfect balance for light grilling when you dont have the time or convenience to do it the old fashioned way.

I am a purist when it comes to certain cookware. Cast iron just does some things better. But cast iron isn't for everyone. It's heavy, doesn't 'clean' the way many people are comfortable with, and takes some adjustment to understand its slow cooking properties. This grill pan is great if you're looking to do the following:

1. Grill up some salmon or swordfish steaks without worrying about leaving a 'fishy' residue on that precious, seasoned grill you have

2. Tenderize and cook to near perfection some chicken you have

3. Grill vegetables with, or without olive oil (the wonders of non-stick make the pan virtually a no-fat cooking device. Think of it like a much, much higher quality non-electric george foreman grill)

What it's not so good with:

1. Strip steak

2. Hamburgers (fat tastes good, lets face it folks)

3. Slow cook BBQ (you need real charcoal or at least cast iron to cook these babies nice and slow when you don't have your own smoke house)

So bottom line:

If you're more of a meatier eater/cooker, stick with the original (and less expensive cast iron or outdoor grills). If you're into fish, veggies, and chicken, consider adding this to your arsenal of essential All-Clad supplies.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought two....., November 13, 2004
This review is from: All-Clad LTD Nonstick Grande Grille Pan (Kitchen)
Actually, had to buy two because I had the misfortune of leaving our old one inside of the stove in our previous apartment! Well the new renters surely got a fabulous housewarming gift. This grill is easy to clean and wonderful to handle on two burners. We put one burner on medium for cooking and the other on low for keeping the finished food at the right temperature (handy when doing protein and veggies at same time). Also, if your oven is big enough, you can sear the meat on top of the stove and move it into a 450 preheated oven to panroast (the stainless handles make this a cinch). We've used Creuset as an alternative, and it's just not as easy to clean and maneuver. If you buy it on Amazon it's 99.95 plus free shipping (and whatever bonus is running--like today another $25.00 0ff with a small additional purchase in kitchenware). However, if you buy it at Williams Sonoma you can get it with shipping of 10-15 dollars but you do get garlic paste and stainless steel skewers). So you might want to see what works better for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lifetime warranty is a farce, April 13, 2012
This review is from: All-Clad LTD Nonstick Grande Grille Pan (Kitchen)
Our All Clad non-stick grill lasted only about two years with very occasional use. After about two years, it gradually, and increasingly, became harder and harder to clean. The non-stick surface got to a point where it actually made food stick more than a non-stick pan. Finally, we couldn't clean it at all. The food literally stuck on the grille so badly that we could not scrape it off even with the edge of a knife.

We have owned many non-stick brands like Calphalon, Analon, Nordic Ware and Circulon for many years with much more use than this All-Clad grill and we have NEVER had a pan stick like this one.I decided that there has to be something wrong with this thing. So, under All-Clad's lifetime warranty, I spent $16 and returned it to them to replace it.

I just got the pan back from them and a letter saying that there is nothing wrong with the pan that was caused by a manufacturer defect. They went on to say that the pan had been overheated and that voids the warranty. OVERHEATED?!! Are they kidding me? They said that the grill should never be used with a heat setting above medium.

We cook, it's that simple. We set the burner to whatever level we need to cook with and then we cook. We have never burned anything while cooking on that grille.

All-Clad has found a crummy and convenient way to refuse warranty service on their non-stick pans. If the pan fails and you return it, all they need to do is claim that you turned the burner up too high on it. Their lifetime warranty is a bigger joke than the pan itself. I feel that as expensive as All-Clad products are they should honor their product lifetime warranty. This pan lasted about two years with low use and really is a low quality. This is suppose to be a higher-end product that lasts longer than two years.

Buy Calphalon or Analon non-stick. I know from experience that they honor their warranty and they truly are far superior cooking pans compared to this second rate All-Clad product and their fake non-existent "lifetime" warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Grill Pan!!!, March 9, 2006
This review is from: All-Clad LTD Nonstick Grande Grille Pan (Kitchen)
This pan is EXACTLY what I was looking for. After buying two different brands of cast iron grill pans, I have finally found one that does the trick.

All of my pots and pans are All Clad, but I didn't want to spend the big bucks for an All Clad grill pan so I order two different cast iron pans and both of them were awful. Food sticking (even after much seasoning) and the pans were really heavy and cumbersome to use.

Then I found an incredible price on this All Clad grill pan on Amazon.com and bought it.

Should have bought it in the first place!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have For Your Kitchen!, June 28, 2004
This review is from: All-Clad LTD Nonstick Grande Grille Pan (Kitchen)
I just purchased this grill last week & don't know how I survived without it. It is absolutely wonderful. It fits perfectly over the 2 burners on my gas stove. I lightly seasoned with vegetable oil just before using (as recommended) and clean up has been a breeze. It easily holds 8 NY Strip steaks & could probably hold 10-12 burgers. If you like to grill inside, this is so much better than a George Foreman grill. I ordered mine from Williams Sonoma because for the same price listed here, you get free All Clad skewers (6) & a jar of roasted garlic paste marinade. Some might think it's a bit expensive, but it's something you'll only have to buy once. I felt just like Rachael Ray using mine! It's definitely a must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grille Pan, March 21, 2006
J. S. Joyce (Bay Area, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All-Clad LTD Nonstick Grande Grille Pan (Kitchen)
This grille pan is fantastic. It's heavy duty,heats evenly and fits nicely across two burners. It does a great job grilling, and the non-stick surface makes clean-up very easy. I recommend getting coated tongs to avoid scratching the surface. I highly recommend this product. Well worth a little extra money.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent investment as all all-clad is, October 14, 2004
M. nguyen (los angeles, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All-Clad LTD Nonstick Grande Grille Pan (Kitchen)
this grill pan is awesome, it is very easy to clean because of the nonstick surface and weight. i almost bought the le creuset because of cast iron's ability to retain heat but have had problems w/ rusting and those pans are usually very heavy which makes them hard to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money...., July 17, 2006
This review is from: All-Clad LTD Nonstick Grande Grille Pan (Kitchen)
I have had several stove top grill pans. They cooked alright, but mostly a big mess to clean them. The food would be baked on and it was hard to scrub without stripping the non stick coating. I just purchased the All Clad Grande Grill Pan and have used it for the past 6 days and I must say it is worth the extra money. The food cooks evenly (with nice grill marks). I have cooked chicken, chicken burgers, steak, vegetables and grilled pineapple. It was easier than an outdoor grill. Clean up was a breeze. You know the old saying "You get what you pay for" and you get an outstanding product with this grill.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great indoor grilling alternative, February 3, 2009
This review is from: All-Clad LTD Nonstick Grande Grille Pan (Kitchen)
Because I own a condo my ability to grill outdoors is limited. This grill pan serves as a practical alternative. Although as other reviewers have said you cannot expect it to impart the kind of flavor you would get from charcoal, it has a lot of advantages. The biggest one for me is that it heats up quickly which cuts down on my prep time. Because it spans across two burners it's also great for when I have a large batch of food to cook. I've also found that while it may not retain heat as well as cast iron it still does a pretty good job. So far I've been very pleased with the results.

The only downside for me is cleaning. I've found that charred bits tend to get stuck to the sides of the grooves and can require some serious elbow grease to remove. I find it harder to clean than the rest of my all clad collection which keeps me from using it as much as I would like. Compounding the cleaning issues are the fact that it does not fit so well in my sink. My sink really needs to be empty to clean it thoroughly. Both of these are somewhat minor nits all things considered, but are worth considering if you don't like to spend a lot of time scrubbing and have a small sink. However, both of these tasks do take me less time than managing a charcoal grill.

Overall I have been pleased with how well this conducts heat and produces good results, but do wish it were easier to clean.

All-Clad LTD Nonstick Grande Grille Pan