Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: All-Clad 5108 Stainless 8-Inch Fry Pan, Silver
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 20, 2011
I received this pan as a gift and have been very pleased with its performance. Here's the technique that I use to make a French omelet without sticking:

First, bring two eggs to room temperature, then beat them just enough to combine with a tablespoon of water, a little salt and a little pepper. (If I'm in a hurry, I break two cold eggs into a microwavable container, beat them with a tablespoon of water, and heat on high 10 seconds.) If you put cold eggs in a hot pan, they will stick.

Second, heat the pan on medium heat for a minute or so.

Third, put a tablespoon of cold butter in the pan. It should sizzle, but not burn. As the butter melts, swirl it around the pan to evenly coat the bottom and sides of it. If the butter burns, the pan is to hot and you should start over.

Third, once the foam of the hot butter subsides, place the eggs in the pan and immediately begin moving the pan back and forth while using a circular motion to stir the eggs with a fork. If you've followed these steps, the eggs should move freely in the pan. Once the eggs have set -- it should take less than a minute and they should be a little runny -- they should fold nicely onto a plate without sticking. The omelet should be fluffy if you've mastered the technique of stirring while moving the pan back and forth.
on January 11, 2010
I just bought a couple sets of All-Clad stainless after the Calphalon non-stick we were given as a wedding present began to give up the ghost and the non-stick began deteriorating. I bought all-clad because of its cadillac reputation. I was a little worried about food sticking, but I followed the old mantra "hot pan, cold oil" and cooked some scrambled eggs that just slid out of the pan with no sticking whatsoever. The pan heated evenly and cooked evenly--no hot spots. Excellent.

The handle though--the handles are nasty! The handles on the Calhalon were rounded on top and comfortable--these are flat with a very defined edge, and it's uncomfortable to lift the pan, especially the heavier pan. I'm suprised. But I suppose I'll get used to--I better, for the price these things command.

So--excellent pan, bad handle
on February 5, 2014
I found this pan to be extremely nice. It's a nice weight and it sits flat on the burner. Food cooks evenly. I read many of the reviews before I ordered this as I felt it was expensive. One of the reviews stated that it was not that easy to wash, that you need to use Barkeepers Friend after every use to get the pan really clean. I found this to be an accurate statement. Overall, I am very pleased with this pan and would recommend it as long as you don't mind using a little elbow grease to clean it. I would suggest you also pick up a can of Barkeepers Friend the next time you are in Walmart.
on July 25, 2007
I'm very pleased with my purchase. Convenient size, excellent heat conduction, even cooking and easy to clean make it a great addition to my kitchen.And it's nice looking. Without violating Amazon guidelines, I'd like to say that customer reviews were very helpful in making my decision; they are appreciated.
on June 30, 2012
I own practically everything this company has ever made, even some pieces that haven't been made in years. I have cookware, utensils, canisters, you name it. I generally don't buy designer items, but I try to buy quality. This line has been one of the best investments in my home I've ever made.

Just a couple of months ago, after having a conversation asking if they'd examine some of my cookware (the bottoms on those pieces were not flat enough to use on my glass top range without spinning around), I mailed off 4 of my larger pieces.

Thanks to All Clad, I have brand new, non-spinning cookware items- 3 qt and 6 qt saute pans, an 8 qt stockpot, and a 12" frypan.

I found them to be very kind, and when it was all said and done, they replaced every piece from the over 17-year old set that I sent them without question or hesitation. They even included brand new lids for the 3 items I sent that use them without requesting the lids from my old cookware.

By that same token, I will continue to support All Clad, and just like they did for me, it will be without question or hesitation.
on April 11, 2012
Its All Clad, what else is there to say? These pans are wonderful to cook with. I learned about them when I took a cooking class at our local Chef School. If I had gas cooking I'd be in heaven, but I have electric coils so these work just fine. I love cooking with them and they are amazingly easy to clean, even when something gets burned. I use the same things I use on my Circulon non-stick pots and pans. If it discolors you just use a little "barkeepers friend" cleanser. I love that I can put these in a hot oven for the "finish cooking". I know these will last me a life time.
They arrive carefully packed in their own little soft bags. I felt like I had received a treasure.
I've been using these pans for about 3 months and I love them. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself, even if you decide to try just one pan. Well worth the investment.
on January 10, 2014
I have many All-Clad pans in my collection. They are all great products, this is a nice size for small things you really want to cook hard. Teflon coated pans can't take the heat, this can. Sure you need to clean it up after, but seriously, it's not that big a deal and no worries about it breaking down into your food, or worries it won't be the same in 3 years. This is what it is and it will last you a lifetime.
on June 30, 2015
I bought three, an 8", 10" and 12". They are great pans, as everyone says. Heats up quickly and evenly. Retains heat. Handle stays cool (unless you put it in the oven.) Cleans easily with Bartender's Helper. These are very expensive and I am not a professional chef, but I do a lot of serious cooking at home, so I decided to have quality pans. If you are also serious about your cooking, then these are the ones for you.

My only complaint is the narrowness and thinness of the handles. With a loaded pan, you have to be careful the pan doesn't "roll" on you. I wish they had wider and thicker handles. What were they thinking? These are "manly men" pans, but with "girly man" handles. <LOL>

Ok, a second complaint: The 10" and 12" came with lids, but the 8" did not. In checking, All-Clad doesn't even make an 8" lid that you can buy separately. What a shame. I really wanted an 8" lid. I don't understand their logic in not manufacturing this.

These two complaints are why it lost a star. But it still a great pan.
on January 19, 2008
My wife and I received this as a gift to add to our 10" and 12" copper core pans. At first we did not think we would find much of a use for it. However, as we often have both of us and our two teenage boys all in the kitchen at the same time during a meal prep, we have found several uses for it. We sear or sweat some ingredients prior to adding them to a larger recipe.

If you already have parts of an All-Clad collection this will complement nicely. If you do not have any All-Clad this may be a good place to start.
on June 26, 2007
I was skeptical at first because I've been cooking for years with some high-quality non-stick pans. Recently AB announced that you can't really develop a good Fond in a non-stick. I have never been satisfied with the fond-based sauces and reductions I've made in non-stick, and now I heard my guru state what was going on. I bought this on sale, and my very first two opportunities to cook with this pan and derive a sauce reduction in it proved the point. I will be adding more and larger All-Clad pans to my firepower!