5.0 out of 5 stars A Smaller, Useful Pan
After getting the 10-inch version of this pan, I found a great deal on the 8-inch pan and picked it up for smaller jobs in the kitchen. This was a great decision.

8 inches *is* small for a lot of cooking and this shouldn't be your primary fry pan but it is great for doing smaller jobs on the side or for cooking up things for one or two people. I use this guy...
Published on June 16, 2005 by S. A. Johnson

1.0 out of 5 stars Great, the second time around...
I was very hesitant to spend close to $160 on a single fry pan, but I had heard so many good things about All-Clad and thought it would be a wise investment. For the first 6 months, the pan was great. I loved the large size and used it often. I was just about ready to invest in an entire set of All-Clad cookware when my pan warped. I was using it on an electric stove...
Published on August 8, 2006 by C. Carbone

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars you really can't beat it, April 23, 2001
C. Bartlett (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Nothing tops All-Clad cookware. It looks fantastic and it performs like no other. I prefer the stainless line because it's dishwasher safe and because I like the neat polished exterior. Looks great hanging on a rack glistening in the sunlight. Be sure to pick up some "Bar Keepers Friend" cleanser because thats one of the few products will take off minor stains. This 12-inch frypan is great for a large stir-fry, a pound of bacon, just about anything BIG that won't in a 10-inch.

5.0 out of 5 stars All-Clad Fry Pan--Great Buy, May 7, 2001
Michela (Seattle, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All-Clad Stainless 8-Inch Fry Pan (Kitchen)
For most home chefs, All-Clad is the superior line of cookware. All-Clad stainless steel fry pans are excellent because they conduct heat so well. This 8-Inch pan is a good try-me size. I use it when cooking for myself or for making a 2-3 egg omelette.

5.0 out of 5 stars A pan with nine lives, June 7, 2002
I am a careless and brutal cook and destroy cookware all the time. I can't use nonstick because I'll ruin pans by leaving them on max heat and forgetting about them. So this one was worth the high price because I've had it for almost two years now and it's still good as new. Handwashing seems to leave a little discoloration after heavy use so every so often I pop it in the dishwasher for a gentle scrub (though that's not recommended, you can still do it).
This pan cooks so quickly and evenly that it's hard to mess up. Foods brown nicely but don't burn. The handle is sturdy and never gets too hot.
I often use this this in place of a wok, but it's really too shallow for that and has a bit of a spatter and spillage problem if you try to rapidly stir-fry. I wish it came with a lid. Also, I have not been able to cook eggs in it - they stick to the bottom like glue no matter how much butter I use. But a good soak and a couple minutes of elbow grease cleans that right up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pan, excellent line., March 7, 2006
I have owned this pan for several years now, along with many other All-Clad pans. I love them. Pricy yes, but once you buy them you never have to replace them, which makes them comparatively cheap! (in price only, not in quality)

While this pan won't work just like a nonstick pan, it does cook evenly and foods (even eggs and pancakes) won't stick if you follow the basic rule.

First, heat the pan. After the pan has come up to temperature you can add the oil. Only add the food after the oil has heated.

Before I gave in and bought the expensive All-Clad pans, I was going through a set of pans every few years or so. I know for sure that I have bought the last set of cookware I will ever need. That is a wonderfull feeling!

If you are hesitant to spend the price for All-Clad stainless, think back over the last 10 or 15 years. Add up what you have paid for all the pans you had to keep replacing!

5.0 out of 5 stars All-Clad Stainless 8-Inch Fry Pan, February 24, 2006
This review is from: All-Clad Stainless 8-Inch Fry Pan (Kitchen)
My wife has said she always wanted some high quality cookware. I bought her this one piece of All Clad for her birthday as start. She loves it. I like to use it too. It is a fry pan that does not have teflon coating, but follow the directions furnished and you will have not rouble keeping it clean. It cooks very fast and even on a very low heat setting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pan!, January 5, 2005
Yes, it's a REALLY big pan! A perfect cookware addition for the serious cook. Surprisingly, the pan isn't as heavy as I expected and is a manageable size. It will easily saute 6 to 8 chicken breasts at once without crowding and is perfect for large batches. It heats evenly and lives up to the All-Clad quality I expected. Easy cleanup, too! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Pan. We use it almost every day!!!, June 19, 2006
This All-Clad 12 inch fry pan is a staple in our kitchen. We use it almost daily. It heats evenly, food browns beautifully, and it cleans up great. We've found ourselves buying more and more All Clad pans despite their expensive price. They are worth it. We now eat better meals and they are actually easier to cook in these pans. A pan that heats and cooks evenly takes away the frustrations of cooking. When we aren't using this pan we are usually using it's cousin the non stick version (we like that for things like chicken parmesan that use cheese). We use this pan for things like pork chops or t-bone steak that we sear on the stove and then transfer to the oven to finish cooking. We love that this pan goes from stove to oven seamlessly. We also use this pan when we're browning meats and then making sauces from all those yummy brown bits for dishes like chicken marsala and beef burgundy. It also works perfectly for sauteeing shrimp or vegetables (we use it to saute sliced squashes and bell peppers often). We highly recommend this pan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fry pan., August 31, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: All-Clad Stainless 8-Inch Fry Pan (Kitchen)
This is a great fry pan. It *is* heavy, but it's an excellent pan, especially for 2-3 egg omlettes. It cleans up nicely, but it will get scratched, so be careful what tools you use with it. It came as part of a larger All-Clad stainless set, but I liked it so much, and it's very convenient size, I bought another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars You�ll Use This Often, February 22, 2004
This pan gets a frequent morning workout at our house; it's perfect for making (for example) eggs with a side of tofu sausage. Probably one of the most useful pans, you'll find many other uses for it. I've been very pleased by the sturdy construction and the appropriately heavy weight that distributes heat evenly. The long handle stays cool to the touch. In addition, the pan cleans exceptionally easily, saving time and energy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pan-Small Handle, December 5, 2006
I bought this pan and love it. It has the perfect slope to flip food. As far as the handle goes...well, that's another story. All-Clad quality is top notch but they fall short on the handle design. The handle does stay unbelievably cool, but it's dam uncomfortable. I compensated for it being so narrow by purchasing a suede handle cover. I still rate it a five though.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›