Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 21, 2012
I purchased one of these mixing bowls for my wife at least 10 years ago. She loves it and it is her favorite mixing bowl. She wanted different sizes so I bought her this set. It was disappointing to see these new bowls made in China are not made the same as our older bowl. The pictures that are shown for this set, or individual bowls, shows how they used to be made. The handles are now different. Our older bowl handle has a nice rounded edge (on the lower outside corners of the handle). The new bowl has a much more squared edge with a slight rounding. Both my wife and I tend to use our thumb on this edge to hold the bowl by the handle and the new bowls are uncomfortable to hold where the older bowl is comfortable to hold. In addition, I agree with another reviewer that the gap between the handle and the bowl is too small and is very uncomfortable and feels awkward to use, where the older bowls have ample room and feel right when using the bowl. If I had known this, I would not have purchased these bowls - I will be looking for an older used set.
Note that many for the reviews here are older and most likely the bowls they reviewed are of the older construction. You may not be bothered by this detail about the handle, and if not, you will like these bowls. But if you are like me, you will definitely find the handles to be an annoyance and will not like using these mixing bowls.
55 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 2, 2001
I received these bowls as a wedding present and I LOVE them! Even though they do nest nicely for storage, I put up wall pegs for one-handed access while I am cooking. I can't seem to make anything without using at least two of them. They hold a chill nicely for working with pastry and pie dough Perfect for beating egg whites. They havn't dented, even when I have knocked them off the pegs onto the counter and I use a variety of hand mixers in them. I wash them in the dishwasher, but find that I will hand wash before mixing in another bowl. Why not 5 stars? They could use something- either a non-skid bottom or a rubber ring- to allow for counter mixing. Sometimes I would like the option for one hand mixing without having to pile up my dish towels. Price is daunting. Went to get a set for a friend, but almost fell over when I saw the price. This is a definite wish list item! However, if the company really stands behind the lifetime replacement gaurantee, they might be worth the dough.
on May 8, 2003
These are the best mixing bowl I have every used! I use at least one or two every day. They have a nice handle so you can get a good grip on it. The polished stainless steel is so beautiful you could definitely use them to serve as well. I find I use the 1.5 quart for mixing sauces or beating eggs and the 3 & 5 quart sizes for cake mixes and fillings. I also have the 7 quart that is a must have for making meatballs.
The base is a good size and there is no danger that anything could tip over, that is unless you tip it over! Top quality and excellent design! And this 3 bowl set is also a great value! Highly recommended!
on November 18, 2015
I purchased these bowls because I love to bake and wanted high quality bowls I could use for many years to come. The description makes it sound like the bowls are made in the USA:

"All-Clad Metalcrafters produces the world's finest cookware in its Southwestern Pennsylvania rolling mill, using the same revolutionary processes that they introduced forty years ago. Today, All-Clad is the only bonded cookware that's handcrafted by American craftsmen using American-made metals."

Well folks, that description is totally misleading, because the bowls I received were made in China. Not surprising, since every other similar set of bowls on Amazon with similarly high ratings also appear to be made in China. But unlike other bowls, these cost $60-$70 more. Yippee!

Yeah, these are going back. (Thankfully Amazon accepted my explanation that the item description was inaccurate and I wasn't charged return shipping...)
44 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2006
I received these as a Christmas gift 5 years ago, and they still look new. The stainless steel has a nice weight, without being too heavy. The deep bowls and steep sides make spills and splashes very rare, and the generous handle makes mixing and whipping a breeze. Although they are a lot more expensive than others, these do an excellent job.
on March 21, 2013
There is some dispute about the width of the handles on these. The set I received has ample room for most anyone's fingers to fit all the way under. The top width of the handle is 5/8" wide and the bottom is 7/8" wide. They were in perfect condition when received and All-Clad lids will fit on top of them if you have the right size. The smooth surface cleans up easily after making bread dough and is a very high quality non staining non rusting stainless steel bowl that is much thicker than other SS mixing bowls. These are worth the money and very high quality. As with every All-clad product I own I don't see these ever needing replacing. I have been using them for 3 months now. The inside will get micro marks that look like scratches to the mirror surface if you use a whisk or metal spoons, the surface is still smooth but just marked if you are worried about this don't use metal objects. It however does not hurt the smoothness of the finish any and a natural thing to happen to a mixing bowl with a mirror metal finish. Similar to stainless steel flatware that has a mirror finish after some time of using.
on December 31, 2014
Love these bowls. They have the nice handle to hold on to and they are nice heavy weight. The shine nicely and are easy to clean. But they do scratch somewhat if you use a hand blender, but doesn't effect the functionality of the bowls.
on December 10, 2010
I've been using these bowls for a year now. I'm not a great chef, but I enjoy cooking and like to have the best equipment. I bought these bowls because of the All-Clad name. They have not disappointed once. The handle is perfect for holding while whisking. I'm a big guy and the handle is definitely not too small. I also have found no issue with stability and I'm a klutz. They clean easy. They are lighter and easier to manage than glass bowls of the same size. They are solidly built and haven't dented or dinged from being dropped (though they are loud when they hit a tile floor). As with all All-Clad items, I don't mind paying the extra money to get them because I know that they last. A must have for anyone who enjoys cooking.
on July 21, 2013
All-Clad mixing bowls live up to the reputation of this high end stainless steel cookware. I've used them for a wide range of kitchen tasks, from soaking to mixing to melting chocolate (double boiler style). These bowls hold up to anything and very easily clean up.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 9, 2012
These bowls aren't built any better than some of my cheaper $10 mixing bowls and these All-Clad bowls cost over $33 each. To me, that's unacceptable. I don't buy into the All-Clad hype. I have several All-Clad pots and pans, several Calphalon Contemporary pots and pans, and so on. I don't care if it's made in the U.S. or China but what I do care about is value and while the quality of these bowls is certainly acceptable, the price is too high for what you get (an All-Clad logo etched in the handle of a standard 18/10 stainless bowl.)

These bowls used to be made better; I have some that I bought over 10 years ago and they were much better. These are your average, everyday mixing bowls.