5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
You may be asking yourself "why do I need to spend this much on measuring cups?" And to that I don't have a good answer. But I got mine for Christmas and they're awesome. They're incredibly sturdy. I have a whole drawer full of cheap metal and plastic measuring cups that are either bent or broken. I don't think these will ever meet that fate.

Inside each...
Published on January 5, 2006 by Andrew Violette

1.0 out of 5 stars Would give ZERO stars
Published on May 31, 2011 by CyberpunkBebop

1.0 out of 5 stars Would give ZERO stars, May 31, 2011
This review is from: All-Clad Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, Silver, Set of 5 (Kitchen)
Just like several other reviewers, my All-Clad cups rusted before I even got a chance to use them. Hand washed them with warm soapy water. Placed them on a rack to dry. Came back and they were RUSTED. This is ALL-CLAD for God's sake. ALL-CLAD!!! How dare they put their name on this junk. I am a professional cook and have a great deal of respect for all-clad, but after seeing this complete trash they're selling for near $50, I lost a great deal of respect for them.

Go with the MIU cups. At least those didn't rust on me before I even used them. In fact they've held up for years, have a warranty, and save you about $20. Don't even consider these. Seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 5, 2006
Andrew Violette "A Customer" (Hoffman Estates, IL United States) - See all my reviews

Inside each measuring cup are measurement marks for the lesser measurements. For example, the 1 C measuring cup has a line where the 1/2 C mark is.

The only real disadvantage is that they don't stack too well.

3.0 out of 5 stars "apples and oranges", August 28, 2010
J. Janssen (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
First off, the cups are excellent; heavy weight cast stainless and very nicely finished, but these come out of the same Chinese factories that produce dozens of other brands under contract and you can get the same quality level for half this price if you're willing to give up the All-Clad name. If you must have this brand be aware of the marketing strategies at work here. This set from amazon is about $50 (at the time of this writing) and contains 5 cups of "mixed" sizes (1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, 2/3 cup, and 1 cup). A 4 cup set (available at Williams-Sonoma for $30) contains the 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 3/4 cup and 1 cup selection. W-S also carries a combo set for $39 that includes the 4 cups and the matching 4 measuring spoon set. Figure on about $9 W-S shipping and you're looking at 5 mixed sized cups from amazon or 4 cups and 4 spoons from W-S. W-S also carries another set of the odd size cups and spoons as an add-on for $30.

Ultimately I got the CIA set instead, but do note the sizes to insure just what you're ordering. This marketing strategy is becoming more prevalent and All-Clad seems to be in the forefront. If you're looking at All-Clad mixing bowls check out the sizes as well; sets from different retailers contain different sizes.

1.0 out of 5 stars These RUSTED immediately!, October 4, 2010
Wow, I never thought something from a company like All-Clad would put out something sub-par.

I was so excited about receiving these measuring cups; I had been wishing for them for months. I took them out of the box and washed them in warm soapy water to prepare for their first use.

MINTUES later, all but ONE of the cups had horrible rust spots on the inside. Huh??? I thought this was 18/10 stainless steel!

I did find out later, however, what most likely happened. All-Clad outsources the majority of its products to be manufactured in China, in the SAME plant as other companies' non-stainless steel products, and once the items are manufactured, they are only required to inspect ONE piece of the set. Well, most likely they manufactured only ONE of these measuring cups (which in this case happens to be the 1 cup size) in actual 18/10, and the rest were made with non-stainless steel.

Needless to say, these were sent straight back for a refund. I was very disappointed in this, as I really wanted a nice set of 18/10 stainless steel measuring cups (since I use them on a daily basis and have been through so many plastic ones) but nowadays, who can I trust to make sure I am getting what I pay for?

Avoid this set at ALL COSTS!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusted, replaced Rusted again, returning, January 1, 2011
Wow! These are heavy duty and wonderful EXCEPT for the fact that the inside surface rusts after one use. I am not going to replace for a third set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice., March 21, 2005
The best measuring cups you can buy. Nice looking. I wish they were still made in USA, instead of China

4.0 out of 5 stars You could probably kill someone with the 1 cup'r..., June 9, 2009
I bought these for the wife last Christmas. We both love them.
They're insanely sturdy. Seriously... I'm not kidding about the 1 cup'r. It's got some heft to it.
The only reason I'm giving these great measuring cups 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the somewhat poor design. I say this because these cups do NOT stack well. Perhaps they weren't designed to do so, but we did find it moderately disappointing just the same. If stacking together, the 1/3 fits just snuggly enough inside the 1/4 that it can (and has on occasion) become stuck inside the 1/4. Further, the 1/4 doesn't fit inside the 1/2.
Thus... all in all, I believe there is room for improvement in the design.
That small thing aside, these measuring cups are well worth while. You won't find a more sturdy set.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusted before first use., February 18, 2011
After receiving them, I hand washed the measuring cups and put them in the drain board to dry. Later when I checked them they were rusted on the inside. I have had kitchen items rust before which is why I spent the extra money to get these All-Clad measuring cups. This is the first time I have an item rust before I got a chance to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these measuring cups!, March 24, 2006
After my disappointing experience with the Oxo Good Grips Measuring Cups, I read the reviews for the All Clad Stainless Measuring Cups and ordered my own set. These Measuring Cups are solid heavy duty kitchen tools, they will last a life-time. There is no danger of me bending the handles on these cups, no matter what I pack in them.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, September 6, 2005
I love my measuring cups. They are heavy, sturdy, attractive, well made, and will probably outlast most everything else in my kitchen. I love to cook, and these really make me feel like a pro! You can't beat the quality and the price.