5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, you have to see for yourself
This really is a good wallet. Of course, what I like about it most is the size. Like most men, I had a standard leather biker wallet. A big bulky thing, that was so big, over the years I had to buy a smaller and smaller one. Soon I was getting annoyed and I started searching for a new wallet. And lately I have used a number of new wallets including a few money clips...
Published on June 5, 2006 by J. Reich

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hold up to regular use
Several reviewers have commented that some of the other reviewers must be getting paid for favorable reviews of this. I think they just may be from owners who have only had the wallet for a few weeks.

I had this product for four months before ditching it and starting the search for another wallet.

I love the concept -- this is just not executed...
Published on October 7, 2008 by BSR

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, you have to see for yourself, June 5, 2006
This review is from: All-Ett Original Black Nylon Billfold Wallet

I was surprised when the All-Ett came in the mail; it came in a large envelope (completely flat). The biggest complaint I have with the All-Ett wallet is how it feels. It is durable, but it feels flimsy and makes a crackling sound in your pocket or when you open it. This is because of the spinnaker cloth. I will repeat again, "it is durable" .But this aside, I wouldn't trade this wallet for anything, that is how much I like it. Many times I even wear this wallet into my front pants pocket for safe keeping, it is that small.

The All-Ett doesn't seem to hold very small, "keychain" cards very well. At least I have not found a way to hold them securely. It holds regular credit cards, cash, and pictures very securely. It also doesn't hold change, no big deal because I hate change anyway. I have a large amount of material in my All-Ett and it is about one quarter the size of my old leather wallet. Right now, in my All-Ett, I have close to 30 cards, about $100, and a few pieces of folded paper in my wallet and it's still very slim and very small. I also like the All-Ett because I routinely carry a wallet in my front jacket pocket; my old wallets were too big for this. In addition, it holds pictures better than most standard wallets which is a very nice feature, possibly overlooked.

The biggest complaint most people will have with the All-Ett is how it feels and the sound it makes. It's not really that noisy, it's just a different feel. It is also not cheap, the rip-stop nylon is very thin so this makes it feel flimsy, but it is strong. I don't believe this wallet will last 10 years or longer, but I definitely see it lasting 3-5 years. Some have been known to last 5 years according to their website. These are the only drawbacks I can think of. The positives far outweigh the negatives. I used standard wallets for years but I am now convinced, and love this wallet very much. Good product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hold up to regular use, October 7, 2008
BSR (Denver, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All-Ett Original Black Nylon Billfold Wallet

I love the concept -- this is just not executed well.

My main problem is with the card-pockets. They don't work. When I started, I tried to trim-down the number of cards I was carrying, and ended up with about 12 -- 3 to each pocket. Apparently, that's not enough in each one, as the cards would slide out every time the wallet was opened.

After a few weeks of dropped cards and frustration, I re-arranged things a bit. Two pockets ended up with 1 card each, and the other two had about 5 each. This fixed the sliding-out problem rather well.

Unfortunately, it created another problem, as the seam between two of the pockets came un-stitched. Now I had the sliding out problem compounded with sliding AROUND. Each time I opened the wallet, I'd end up with a bunch of cards sliding out to the middle....not fun.

I have seen the suggestions and customer-service fixes in these comments. Credit cards are a standard-size -- the manufacturer shouldn't be telling customers they have to re-stitch or move the seam for the wallet to work properly. Also, I don't feel wallets are items that need "retraining" for their owners to properly handle them. I've been using wallets for 35 years...and they've all worked better than this one.

I'm disappointed because at first, I really liked it -- it's really thin, and that's great. But until they figure out how to handle cards so that they are secure, yet easy to remove, I will look elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thin, but won't work for most, January 12, 2006
This review is from: All-Ett Original Black Nylon Billfold Wallet
I hate fat wallets! I'm always taking mine out of my pocket and setting it on my desk,car,etc. This wallet is definitely thin, and I've used it for several months now, but I'm now looking for an alternative. There just isn't enough secure storage space, no pockets that close. I don't carry much, but the few things I do have fallen out numerous times, and the credit cards are loose in their spots (unless you have 5 or 6 in each area to make it tight). I lost my atm card a few weeks ago. If you carry NOTHING but credit cards and cash (and are willing to keep an eye on your credit cards when you open the wallet), this may be for you. I'll be looking for a wallet thats still thin, but can store things a bit more effectively.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, but better than I hoped, May 9, 2007
Emory M. (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All-Ett Original Black Nylon Billfold Wallet
As the previous reviews have stated, this wallet has pros and cons. It's ridiculously thin. The wallet itself is almost nothing, all the thickness is from the contents you put in it. Also the layout is nice because the cards are in two stacks, so the wallet can actually bend a little bit. You won't even know it's there. I used to never put my wallet in my back pocket because I have to sit all day. Now I' don't even know it's there.

People have complained about the cards falling out, which is weird since the card pockets open to the center of the wallet. If the wallet is closed, the cards simply can NOT fall out. My only advice is to get the junior wallet which is half the size. I only keep three cards per pocket(12 total) and none of them have ever fallen out. If you only have 1 or 2 cards, then get a money clip. People also don't like the fabric it's made of. I'd have to agree, it feels VERY flimsy and it does crackle when you open it. But the crackling becomes less the more you use the wallet and once you put some cards, cash, and a receipt or two in there, it feels fine. After a week, I was like "Who cares what the hell it's made of?". It's all function, but no fashion.

My biggest gripe is the price. I live in NYC and you can walk out to the street and get 3 leather wallets for 5 dollars. This was $22.50 with S/H and I think that is too much. I mean, how much could it possibly cost to mail this thing, 32 cents? If you order direct they let you get a second one free, so when I get another one of these, that's what I'll do. Still, I think $5-8 dollars with free shipping would be more appropriate.

Bottom line, I love this wallet. It's small, VERY fuctional, comfortable, discreet(pick-pockets?), and durable. Any misgivings it has disappear after about a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super thin wallet, love it, March 26, 2007
This review is from: All-Ett Original Black Nylon Billfold Wallet
Here is the deal. You will not find a thinner wallet. When I received it in the mail I thought it was just some promo flyer from ALL-ETT. It was the actual wallet, whoa. I was a bit worried because people were talking about crap falling out of the wallet. Well it has 4 pockets for cards, you need 16 cards total (it will hold more) and your stuff will definitely not fall out. There is a deep money pocket and a shallower one. i use the deep one for cash and the shallow one for receipts, phone numbers, coupons etc. It makes a crinkling noise, BFD, you will get over it. Remember, 4 cards per pocket. if you only have 4 cards then put them in one pocket, duh. 8 cards then use 2 pockets, you get the idea. Even if you put one card in a pocket i still don't see how it would fall out (look at the frickin wallet design, hello!) it will just be loose. I mean its not like you are going to use your wallet as a football for Christ's sake.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with it (still happy years later), May 12, 2007
Alan Miller (Schaumburg, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All-Ett Original Black Nylon Billfold Wallet
I've been carrying one of these for almost a year and a half and have been very happy with it.
* The thickness (lack thereof) is great
* I've had a couple of times when cards slid out a bit but after you've been using the wallet for a little while you won't have that problem.
* After a year and a half, a bit of the stitching at the top is starting to come loose - it looks like a bit of ripstopper will do the trick to keep this from getting worse, and I'm not seeing any actual problems based on the loose thread. Looking at the manufacturer's site it appears they have a 1-year warranty and an expected lifespan of 2-3 years.

UPDATE: After the original review in 2007, I kept that same wallet for another year or two, so it definitely got up to the 3-year range. I then replaced it with another of the same wallet that I've now been using for about a year.

The newer wallet has a few minor changes, including some little rubber dots inside the card holding areas presumably to keep things from sliding out. I think those may help while you first get used to the wallet; by now they're just little hard dots in mine, but I don't have problems with dropping cards. The new wallet is holding up quite well.

If you're carrying one of these, it's a good idea to get in the habit of clearing it out every month or so. Getting rid of the receipts, business cards, etc. that build up is what keeps the wallet thin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, June 19, 2007
B. Griffin (Norwell, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All-Ett Original Black Nylon Billfold Wallet
Absolutely the best wallet I have ever owned. It weighs virtually nothing and adds no bulk to your pocket. I have been using the wallet now for a year and it shown no wear whatsoever. It greatly reduces the pocket bulk of my wallet while wearing a suit but still has all the normal utility of a typical suit wallet. As I type I have 17 cards and 22 bills in the wallet. Folded over it is literally less than a half inch high without pressing down on it.

The wallet itself looks like paper almost but on closer inspection is a sort of plastic fabric material reinforced in some places with nearly invisible threads in a crosshatch pattern. The seams are all single stitch thread and all are very durable (as none have come out on my wallet).

This is a GREAT product that does exactly what is advertised. I HIGHLY recommend it. (For the record, I have no relation at all to anyone at the company nor did they request this submission).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wallet., May 20, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: All-Ett Original Black Nylon Billfold Wallet
This is a great performing wallet. At first it will take a bit of getting used to because of the thiness. At first use I was always checking if it felt out of my pocket as it is so thin is it barely noticiable.

I thought the material would be something like cloth or thin paper, but it is very tought and keeps it shape. Definitely I won't go back to bulky leather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great except for the slippy-card problem. And you can fix that easily, January 15, 2010
This review is from: All-Ett Original Black Nylon Billfold Wallet
Thanks thanks to Mark Neilsen for suggesting the solution of putting a piece of card into the card-holder sections. That works great! I think it's not totally clear from his comment what's suggested, so I'll clarify here what worked for me:

When I first read the suggestion, I thought the idea was just to add extra card to add extra thickness to the pocket. That seemed counterproductive (you don't want to add thickness to the world's thinnest wallet), and when I tried with a few business cards, it didn't work very well.

But the trick isn't to do that. The trick is to put in a piece of card whose height and length (not thickness) make it a snug fit into the pocket. A business card is too small for that. I found that a poker-sized playing card worked great (especially if trimmed just a little). The playing card adds almost no thickness to the wallet. But the snug fit in the "height" of the card creates a sort of elastic grip when you put even just two or three credit cards into the card pocket. The extra cards distort the pocket a bit to squeeze the playing card, whose elasticity presses back, holding the cards in place. It's sort of hard to describe, but try it and you'll see. It really works.

With this setup, I find cards won't fall out of the card pockets even if you pick up the wallet by its ends and shake it. Awesome!! I just tried it today, so I don't know if this effect will run out over time as the card loses its elasticity, but so far is seems like a super-good solution.

I just got my All-ett a few days ago. I like everything about it except the slippy-card problem. This hack seems to totally eliminate that. Thanks, Mark Neilsen!!!

(Also: Am I embarrassed to have spent this much time thinking about a wallet? No. Well maybe a little...)

(And: The all-ett I got was actually the "international" version, but the same thing seems to apply for the card-pocket...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little wallet, January 22, 2006
This review is from: All-Ett Original Black Nylon Billfold Wallet
I've had mine now for 3 years - it's getting a little loose in some of the stitching but it has another couple of years in it. I will be buying a replacement then because it surpasses all the other wallets I have ever had.

Rate and Discover Movies