Kitchen Composting Kit
Now it's easy to discard meat, fish, dairy and even bones right in your kitchen without the requirements of turning it like you do outdoor compost and without creating unpleasant smells. The All Food Recycling Compost Kit quickly and odorlessly converts your organic waste into a high-grade soil conditioner through the use of effective microbes or Bokashi - a Japanese word meaning "fermented organic matter." Kit includes composter and 1 gallon bag of Bokashi. Additional bokashi refills available separately.Capacity:
Bin will hold 5 gallons of food waste.Shelf Life:
Bokashi enzymes will last at least a year.Size:
Bin is 16" H x 10 1/2 " W x 10" DWeight:
Bin is 3 pounds
How to Use:
- Place an initial layer of Bokashi at the bottom of the bucket.
- Collect your daily food waste and chop it into small pieces.
- Place waste in the bucket and coat it with a layer of Bokashi. For less than a 3" layer of food waste, sprinkle two fistfuls of Bokashi to cover the entire surface. Mix this layer thoroughly and compact the waste by pushing it down. Sprinkle a coat of Bokashi to cover the surface and place the plastic barrier directly on the compost mixture, completely covering it. Stir each new layer only and try not to mix it with previous layers of food waste.
- Periodically, drain the liquid that has accumulated at the bottom bucket.
- Once the bucket is filled to capacity, continue to drain any liquid and let the contents ferment for 7-10 days at room temperature.
- Fermented compost will not completely degrade but will retain much if it original physical properties and will have a pickled appearance. Complete breakdown of material will occur once it is transferred into the soil.