4.0 out of 5 stars All In
Published 7 months ago by Russell Hall

Published 7 months ago by Adam Jackson

4.0 out of 5 stars All In, February 4, 2014
Although simplistic and filled with Christian cliches, underneath the fluff is a much needed message for the simplistic, cliched, fluffy Christian of today. Not written for the current readers of J. I. Packer (Knowing God) or A. W. Tozer (The Pursuit of God) but written for the insta-gram, face-bookers of today. Hopefully, after reading All In, some of today's Christians will begin a quest to grow deeper in a relationship with the Great I Am. Perhaps many readers will be compelled to pick up the Bible, Packer or Tozer in a deepening desire to be fully All In.

5.0 out of 5 stars Al In, September 25, 2013
This review is from: All In: You Are One Decision Away From a Totally Different Life (Hardcover)
Another BEST SELLER! Mark Batterson does it again. He challenges us to be what God wants us to be...ALL IN! Mark's book totally grips you from start to finish. He makes so many powerful points you will fill your margins up with notes and your highlighter might just run out of ink. The timing of this book could not be better. We can not continue to sit on the sidelines. God wants us in the battle and this book will challenge you to get off the bench and into the game. This book will be a game changer.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am ALL IN!, October 3, 2013
This book is great! I started reading it, thinking I would read a section or chapter a day... but I couldn't put it down! I haven't highlighted so many "nuggets" of truth and inspiration in a book in a long time. I keep telling everyone about Elisha. I have read his story so many times, but Mark Batterson made me see it with new, inspiring insight.
All In and All Out for the ALL IN ALL!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Modern Day Frank Laubach! The Relationship With Christ We Thirst For!, September 25, 2013
Paul R. Anderson (EDMOND, OKLAHOMA, US) - See all my reviews
Consecration. It's more than behavior modification. It's more than conformity to a moral code. It's more than doing good deeds. Something deeper, something truer. The word consecrates means to set yourself apart. By definition, consecration demands full devotion. Mark challenges the believer to go ALL IN! Hold nothing back. If your life is anything like mine, there were things I wanted to hold on to. There were times when as Mark says, I asked Jesus to follow me rather than me follow Him. No more! I know that I am not perfect. I never will be. But thru Mark Batterson, God has asked me to at least choose perfectly. Choose to go all in and all out for the All in All. There is a fear in such a childlike faith. Mark thru this book has helped inspire in me such a faith and cast aside the fear. He says in this book "Consecration is an ever-deepening love for Jesus, a childlike trust in the heavenly Father, and a blind obedience to the Holy Spirit". Those who are afraid of such a faith in Jesus and who hear the words, God can't be trusted will hate this book. Those who ask themselves the question, "How close of a relationship can I possibly have with God and His Son Jesus", may have just found the inspiration thru this book, to find out. God has used Mark Batterson once again, to inspire in me an even higher surrender. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read, September 25, 2013
"All In" is a compelling, challenging call to examine our lives. Mark Batterson says its time to stand up and rid ourselves of everything that keeps us from being totally committed to Christ. Throughout the book, powerful stories are written about individuals who accepted God's calling and took the step of faith that changed not only their destiny but the course of history. Mark Batterson has again given us a book that will mark a changing point in our lives. This book is a must read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't say anything new that you haven't already heard in other motivational christian books., February 2, 2014
Lots of reasons to and not enough steps on how to be "all in" other than sell all your possessions, go somewhere without being able to return and go on a missions trip. He had a quote about not waiting around for something to happen and make things happen with forward movement. I agree but when he said this "we'll never have the human resources or financial resources to do what God has called us to do. And if we do, our dream is to small." Phil 4:19 and 2 Pet 1:3 says other wise. I have seen a hungry man on the street, fed him, gave him money shared the gospel and became friends with him over many encounters. It was insulting that what I did wasn't a big enough dream according to his quote. I had the money God supplied for me and it was the will of God to do that. Was God's will too small? He says we will "never" have those resources and states later that if we do. I thought you said we would never have those resources, so why are you further explaining that if we get them? You should have probably not used the word never and used scripture to back up your never statement. Praise God that His will for me is to always have what I need in the moment to do His will. I believe God uses Mr. Patterson helps many people grow in a deeper relationship with Christ and God also uses Him to help change the lives of people in D.C. I also strongly believe that you are better off reading your bible, obey it and save your money. You're not missing anything the bible doesn't already say. Instead of using $9 to buy the book and spending 2 hours reading it. Buy a homeless person lunch and make a friends, spend 2 hours with him and share the love of Christ. That's a better spent $9 God will show you more clearly how to be "all in" in His word than this book will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Caution: Life changing book ahead!, October 5, 2013
Jami Johnson "JamiJ123" (Springfield, MO United States) - See all my reviews
Synopsis: The Gospel costs nothing. You can't earn it or buy it. It can only be received as a free gift compliments of God's grace. It doesn't cost anything, but it demands everything. It demands that we go 'all in,' a term that simply means placing all that you have into God's hands. Pushing it all in. And that's where we get stuck---spiritual no man's land. We're afraid that if we go all in that we might miss out on what this life has to offer. It's not true. The only thing you'll miss out on is everything God has to offer. And the good news is this: if you don't hold out on God, God won't hold out on you. Readers will find Batterson's writing filled with his customary vivid, contemporary illustrations as well as biblical characters like Shamgar and Elisha and Jonathan and . . . Judas. No one has ever sacrificed anything for God. If you always get back more than you gave up, have you sacrificed anything at all? The eternal reward always outweighs the temporal sacrifice. At the end of the day, our greatest regret will be whatever we didn't give back to God. What we didn't push back across the table to Him. Eternity will reveal that holding out is losing out. The message of All In is simple: if Jesus is not Lord of all then Jesus is not Lord at all. It's all or nothing. It's now or never. Kneeling at the foot of cross of Christ and surrendering to His Lordship is a radical act of dethroning yourself and enthroning Christ as King. It's also an act of disowning yourself. Nothing belongs to you. Not even you. Batterson writes, for many years, I thought I was following Jesus. I wasn't. I had invited Jesus to follow me. I call it inverted Christianity. And it's a subtle form of selfishness that masquerades as spirituality. That's when I sold out and bought in. When did we start believing that the gospel is an insurance plan? It's a daring plan. Jesus did not die just to keep us safe. He died to make us dangerous.'

Review: This book will rock your world and really get you thinking about life, what you are doing or not doing in it and where you are headed. Mark Batterson challenged ,me to step up and play the game and stop sitting on the sidelines. There were times when as Mark says it, I asked Jesus to follow me rather than me follow Him. How many times have I done that. Well, no more, it is time for me be 'All in' .

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com® [...] book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 [...] : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

2.0 out of 5 stars More, bigger, faster..., January 2, 2014
Wanted to like this book, but found that it's just more of the same that's being churned out by the Evangelical community. Do more, give more, serve more, evangelize more and do it bigger and faster than ever before. Don't bother with where God has ALREADY put you...get out there and BE SOMETHING BETTER, (even if God has not called you to do so).Regardless of Batterson's intended message it was still all about "I". I do. I give. I grow. I build. I serve...I, I, I. Will never understand this competitive spirit that is growing in the church and the lack of contentment with the humble lives God has entrusted to our care. Unfortunately, this book just adds fuel to that fire. Here's hoping it burns out soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready to be inspired. This is an incredible book!, November 8, 2013
This book has changed my life even more than Circle Maker. Wow! I am telling everyone I know to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mark Batterson is a gifted and on task with his challenges in this book., April 14, 2014
This book is absolutely fantastic. It is not for the carnal or totally committed Christian.
It challenges and gives examples of his challenges.
It motivates one's walk with the Lord.
Don't read it if you don't want to be convicted by the Holy Spirit.

All In: You Are One Decision Away From a Totally Different Life
All In: You Are One Decision Away From a Totally Different Life by Mark Batterson (Hardcover - August 24, 2013)
$22.99 $17.40