Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 4, 2014
Although simplistic and filled with Christian cliches, underneath the fluff is a much needed message for the simplistic, cliched, fluffy Christian of today. Not written for the current readers of J. I. Packer (Knowing God) or A. W. Tozer (The Pursuit of God) but written for the insta-gram, face-bookers of today. Hopefully, after reading All In, some of today's Christians will begin a quest to grow deeper in a relationship with the Great I Am. Perhaps many readers will be compelled to pick up the Bible, Packer or Tozer in a deepening desire to be fully All In.
on September 25, 2013
Consecration. It's more than behavior modification. It's more than conformity to a moral code. It's more than doing good deeds. Something deeper, something truer. The word consecrates means to set yourself apart. By definition, consecration demands full devotion. Mark challenges the believer to go ALL IN! Hold nothing back. If your life is anything like mine, there were things I wanted to hold on to. There were times when as Mark says, I asked Jesus to follow me rather than me follow Him. No more! I know that I am not perfect. I never will be. But thru Mark Batterson, God has asked me to at least choose perfectly. Choose to go all in and all out for the All in All. There is a fear in such a childlike faith. Mark thru this book has helped inspire in me such a faith and cast aside the fear. He says in this book "Consecration is an ever-deepening love for Jesus, a childlike trust in the heavenly Father, and a blind obedience to the Holy Spirit". Those who are afraid of such a faith in Jesus and who hear the words, God can't be trusted will hate this book. Those who ask themselves the question, "How close of a relationship can I possibly have with God and His Son Jesus", may have just found the inspiration thru this book, to find out. God has used Mark Batterson once again, to inspire in me an even higher surrender. Thank you.
on October 3, 2013
This book is great! I started reading it, thinking I would read a section or chapter a day... but I couldn't put it down! I haven't highlighted so many "nuggets" of truth and inspiration in a book in a long time. I keep telling everyone about Elisha. I have read his story so many times, but Mark Batterson made me see it with new, inspiring insight.
All In and All Out for the ALL IN ALL!
on January 2, 2014
Wanted to like this book, but found that it's just more of the same that's being churned out by the Evangelical community. Do more, give more, serve more, evangelize more and do it bigger and faster than ever before. Don't bother with where God has ALREADY put you...get out there and BE SOMETHING BETTER, (even if God has not called you to do so).Regardless of Batterson's intended message it was still all about "I". I do. I give. I grow. I build. I serve...I, I, I. Will never understand this competitive spirit that is growing in the church and the lack of contentment with the humble lives God has entrusted to our care. Unfortunately, this book just adds fuel to that fire. Here's hoping it burns out soon.
66 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2013
"All In" is a compelling, challenging call to examine our lives. Mark Batterson says its time to stand up and rid ourselves of everything that keeps us from being totally committed to Christ. Throughout the book, powerful stories are written about individuals who accepted God's calling and took the step of faith that changed not only their destiny but the course of history. Mark Batterson has again given us a book that will mark a changing point in our lives. This book is a must read.
on November 28, 2013
Batterson challenges us to be the person God wants us to be: completely committed to Him in everything, ie, to be All In.

He uses great stories and powerful Biblical passages to emphasise different aspects of our lives where we struggle to be fully committed. And of course, no Mark Batterson book would be without many wonderful soundbites that the reader can highlight, add to their journal, tweet and/or post on FB. But more importantly these help you remember key points of the message. One of my favourite ones is:

"If you want God to do something new, you cannot keep doing what you've always done."

This is a challenging read as it's very difficult to stay seated on the bench once you realise the Biblical truth that Batterson is sharing. Read it and get ready to be shaken up and stirred to jump off the bench with renewed vigour.
on September 25, 2013
Another BEST SELLER! Mark Batterson does it again. He challenges us to be what God wants us to be...ALL IN! Mark's book totally grips you from start to finish. He makes so many powerful points you will fill your margins up with notes and your highlighter might just run out of ink. The timing of this book could not be better. We can not continue to sit on the sidelines. God wants us in the battle and this book will challenge you to get off the bench and into the game. This book will be a game changer.
on March 11, 2014
I loved this book, as well as another one called The Circle Maker which I read at a friend's house over Christmas.

I reread books that I like a lot. I think I'm on my third time through right now. If you're dithering about whether or not to buy this one, then dither no more.
on September 25, 2015
Save time and money... Buy "Not a Fan" instead of "All In"! If imitation is the highest form of flattery, then "All In" is very flattering toward "Not a Fan"! Disappointing.
on January 24, 2015
I totally recommend "All In" to everyone I know, the only way to be in a relationship with God is to be All In and Mr. Batters on breaks it down for us to understand and be All In. Thank you Mr. Batterson, if I wasn't All In before I am definitely All In now.