|Digital List Price:||$15.99|
|Print List Price:||$15.99|
Save $6.00 (38%)
All Is Grace: A Ragamuffin Memoir Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 244 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
Audible NarrationAudible Narration: Ready
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $3.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Optimized for larger screens|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Manning gives readers chronological sketches of his life that hit the highlights of his boyhood home life, beginning college, joining the Marines during the Korean Conflict, going to seminary, joining the Franciscans then the Little Brothers of Jesus, starting a Christian community in Alabama, ministering on a college campus, and then pursuing speaking and ministry engagements. Brennan shares how in the midst of these events he struggled with alcoholism to the point of being a falling down drunk that required treatment more than once. He also shares how he fell in love with a woman who would become his wife and then his ex-wife and the reason for him leaving the Roman Catholic priesthood. But once a priest, always a priest, as one of his friends writes in the book.
I became acquainted with Brennan Manning in 1990 when I came across a couple cassette tape sets of "A Week of Renewal" that Manning had done for parishes in 1976 and 1977. I listened to the tapes until they would no longer play and I had portions of them memorized.Read more ›
He begins with his childhood, moving into adulthood and to the present day, while weaving a story that is personal for the reader. At times it felt like I was reading fiction due to his fabulous storytelling. I laughed, I wept, I was encouraged and convicted, and these are the normal trademarks of my interaction with Manning's works. If you have read his previous books you know what you are going to get. The story of a ragamuffin is built upon the reality that Christians are not perfect, fall into hard times, struggle with life, but cling to the goodness of God, drinking from the cups of mercy and grace, and trusting in the work of Jesus Christ.
This memoir will remain in constant rotation year after year because through it, I am brought back to my place as sinner in need of a Savior. Thanks Brennan, you will always be one of my kindred spirits.
Manning has had an unusual life compared to some, full of diverse experiences in Europe and the United States (military service, joining a Franciscan order, campus ministry, leaving the priesthood, marriage, becoming a prolific author and speaker). However, his struggles are the struggles of every man who is not afraid to admit his humanity and need for God's grace. Just substitute the names and details of your own heartaches, failings, and fractured relationships. However, he's also been blessed to have dedicated, grace-giving friends who have lavished him with love along the way, a reflection of God's heart.
Throughout the book, I found myself hitting two buttons over and over--the thirty-second rewind and the stop--to meditate on a profound thought or reflect on how something Manning wrote informed an aspect of my own life.
Manning wanted to be brutally honest in sharing his story--though admittedly, he chose to leave parts out.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book could be a life changer for any with deep or life-long hurt or pain. Brennan Manning is honest, humble, and a master story- teller. Read morePublished 1 day ago by terry morgan
I have read many of Brendan Manning's books. I love his honesty concerning the good, the bad, and the ugly times in his life. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Rita Schwartz
Great book about God's grace for those who have struggled with addiction.Published 3 days ago by Discovery Reading, Inc.
Loved listening to Brennan Manning and loved reading the story behind the man.Published 3 days ago by Christopher Everson
Authentic journey of faith through the highest highs and the lowest lows, revealing the long-term affects of difficult childhood, and resonating challenges into and through... Read morePublished 3 days ago by K. Muntzing
This book, his life, his testimony is a perfect reminder that God chooses whom He will to work out His perfect plan. The one He chooses just needs to say "yes". Read morePublished 3 days ago by Bookbabe23
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Authors
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Religious
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Catholicism > Self Help
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Personal Growth
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Self Help
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Ministry & Evangelism > Counseling & Recovery
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Addiction & Recovery > Alcoholism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Arts & Literature > Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Religious > Catholicism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Addiction & Recovery > Alcoholism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Catholicism > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Personal Growth
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Ministry & Evangelism > Counseling & Recovery