5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Everyone who comes to my apartment and reads this book dies laughing. Now all my friends are dead.
Published on August 27, 2010 by KT

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute & dark
This is cute in a very dark way. It's cleverly written and gives the impression that it's a "children's" book, but it's NOT for kids! This book was cleverly-written full of dark humor in the simplest way. IMO, it's not worth the $7 Kindle pricetag, but if you can find it used, get it and share it with your friends!
Published on April 15, 2011 by T. Moffett

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, August 27, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect little dose of pleasure, July 18, 2010
This review is from: All My Friends Are Dead (Hardcover)
*This* was the book that caught my eye at BEA, the massive booksellers convention highlighting upcoming new works that publishers are previewing for booksellers. After stumbling across it with three colleagues as overwhelmed as I by the choas of the show and stopping to read and laugh from cover to cover, I ended up buying copies for them all as soon as it was available. Two were given at the office, and the book quickly got passed around and read out loud, inspiring if not gales of laughter then wide smiles and happy chuckles in every single reader. I also bought a copy for myself. After retrieving it from my 18-year-old son's room where it quickly had disappeared, I left in on the kitchen table. Everyone who enters picks it up and reliably reads to the last page, because every page turn promises fresh happiness. Lots of "Oh, no!"'s and "Oh, yes!"'s in recognition of the spot-on zing in every joke. Buy a stack and keep them in your drawer to give to co-workers or friends having a mildly grumpy day; it's the perfect cure.

5.0 out of 5 stars So entertaining, so sad, so wonderful., June 30, 2010
This review is from: All My Friends Are Dead (Hardcover)
This little book is a gem of gallows humor. It's full of cute drawings, appropriately awkward pauses, and hilarious commentary. I left it on my kitchen table and now my roommate insists on reading the entire book to anyone who sets foot in the house. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Short Book Ever - to Share With Your (Living) Friends!, June 26, 2011
This review is from: All My Friends Are Dead (Hardcover)
OK, I concur fully with all the positive reviews here.
It's a short, hilarious read and one you want to make all your friends read while they still can!

But I have to address some of the complainers here:

- NO, "You could (NOT!) have written it"
The simple verse and equally simple drawings all create perfectly timed, paused and executed jokes.

- NO, "the preview is (NOT!) the best part"
I tell everyone to fight the urge to skip around the pages. Because it all builds up to a hilarious end of a running gag.

- NO, "it is (NOT!) a waste of money"
It is something to be shared with everyone you know, and is worth many times the price for all the laughs it gets!

- NO, it is NOT for everyone.
If you "floated it around to friends and family who also did not like it" - you consistently hang with people without much of a sense of (dark) humor!

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a novity item not insightful ground breaking literature, DUH!., September 15, 2011
$ko7 (Hollywood) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All My Friends Are Dead (Hardcover)
My wife brought this home the other day and left it in the bathroom. Which I read this morning and found it amusing.... and a very quick read.

This is a cute little book, aimed at adults old enough to "get it". Some reviews gave it low stars due to "it's not funny". As many people will realize, not everyone will agree as to what is funny... or Good for that matter... look at the cover, what in the world did these people expect?

Some people also pointed out the price tag, which for someone who's been around books their whole life, the price was reasonable for a book like this, as printing has become increasingly more expensive over the years.

It's a children's book after all, and parents know that this type of literature tends to be a very quick read and sometimes pricy... if ten bucks is gonna break you, then you shouldn't be buying books in the first place, try going to the library where they are free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Semingly Simple, Yet Exceptionally Clever Dark Humor, February 14, 2011
A. Whitney (Silicon Valley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: All My Friends Are Dead (Hardcover)
I think that some of the 1 or 2 star reviews of this book may be missing a bit of what makes this book so hilarious. And I feel that if you have to explain it, then you deflate the hilarity of the book.

It's a simple premise, many different people/things coming to the realization that they are obsolete. Thus the Dinosaur realizes that all of his friends are dead. The authors are quite clever and play on the assumptions, stereotypes and quirks of all sorts of types of people, animals and objects. It is a joke that builds with each page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hysterically Funny!!!, May 10, 2011
This review is from: All My Friends Are Dead (Hardcover)
When I read this, I laughed so hard I cried and bought it on the spot.

This book is droll humor presented in brief sentences with crude, simplistic drawings; a 5-minute must read that will keep you in stitches from page one. I loved it!

Caution: This is not the kind of book to buy for your next baby shower gift! The audience is definitely adults, especially those with a strangely developed, dark sense of humor.

This little book is sure to create laughs and conversation at your next get together.

If this is your kind of book, you might also enjoy "The Tribune Primer" by Eugene Field.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little, yellow, different, August 2, 2010
This review is from: All My Friends Are Dead (Hardcover)
This book fulfills my aesthetic desires (I love it on my coffee table) and makes me laugh without denying my inner-cynic. So funny--I want to spend a night making up my own pages. Makes a great gift book for someone who gets it--just add your own message: I'm glad you're not dead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and funny, June 25, 2011
This review is from: All My Friends Are Dead (Hardcover)
First of all if you're looking at getting this for a young kid...don't. This is not a kids book, unless you're looking at introducing death to them in a humorous/unusual way.

What this book is, is a short, funny, dark look at how death can come to everyone and everything...even the inanimate. Each page features a different character with a short statement about how death has impacted them, including a sock bemoaning its missing mate and a plant asking you to stop buying its friends if you're just going to kill it. Its a quick read, but it will have you laughing quickly and cheer you up on those days that you're feeling down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute & dark, April 15, 2011

All My Friends Are Dead
All My Friends Are Dead by Avery Monsen (Hardcover - June 30, 2010)
$9.95 $6.48