Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on February 26, 2010
I bought this product for a little mead six hole binder I have. It is nice that it fits right in the binder but the mechanics are very poor. You must use major force to even get proper holes in one piece of paper and even then I am pushing out the punched holes. I would not recommend this product to anyone looking for a reliable 6 hole punch. Unfortunately, it has been the only one for this type of binder I have been able to find on the market.
on July 13, 2010
For the price the punch will do the job for a small amount of pages. It is all plastic and and the holes do not completely perforate, requiring the manual removal of the tabs. If you have a large amount of punching to do, this isn't the product for you.
on January 12, 2010
Sure it's slim, portable, and cheaper than the Franklin Covey or Day Runner version, but it only does one sheet at a time, and it even struggles punching a hole in the one sheet. The hole punch also takes so much force (relatively speaking)to punch through, it bends the sheet of paper. I am going to return it myself, and get the Franklin Covey version or just stick with my single-hole handheld punch.
on February 9, 2012
If you're trying to punch 5 sheets at a time with this thing...well, just don't do that. It's plastic, not metal. It won't work. I mean, it's fairly substantial plastic, but still.

I punch one sheet at a time, card stock or regular weight, and it works just fine. Certainly easier than lining up the paper with something else already 6-hole punched, making marks and then using a small single hole punch.

It requires a bit of pressure to make the punch, but nothing over the top. I find it perfect for my occasional-use purposes.
on May 5, 2012
I have read several negative reviews from people who find it useless. I am adding dividers to my six-ring notebook, requiring light card, not wimpy paper. The first try did not work, then I found the secret -- PUSH HARDER!!! I am delighted with its performance -- it just takes a bit of muscle.
on February 26, 2014
Long story short... this hole punch will not even punch one sheet of paper. NOT ONE.

I purchased this so I could make custom dividers for my Filofax. I used about a 28 lb paper... not super heavy, but not super light. I first tried to punch two sheets at once. Nope. No big deal, I tried one sheet at a time. Still no go. So then I thought maybe the 28 lb paper was just too heavy. Regular paper is usually approximately 20 lb. And so I tried one single regular sheet of paper... nope. NO GIVE. The punch just basically leave little indentations on the paper where you use it.

I tried this sitting in my bed by hand so I thought maybe the problem was that I needed to place the hole punch on a hard surface and press down. So today I came into my office, sat it on my desk and once again tried, pressing my entire 120lbs of body weight on the hole punch... NOTHING. Just the little indentations, not even deep enough to punch out with my fingertips.

So, I've already purchased a different hole punch and wish I would of tried this out in time to return it but I placed the order months ago. The only benefit of this is that it fits nicely into my personal size planner, BUT that really isn't a benefit because it will be dead weight in my planner because it doesn't even work.
on March 7, 2012
This little hole punch has the holes in the right places - sort of. The holes are farther into the sheet than necessary, especially on such a small piece of paper. It barely punches (with a LOT of finger pressure) a page of paper, but it does work thus the 2 stars. I've gone to using an old sheet of planner paper as a guide and a sturdy metal single hole punch. It takes awhile, but it at least I can punch several pages at a time - albeit one punch at a time. If you have room in your planner and need to frequently punch holes, it might be worth it, but personally I'm sorry I bothered. I can't recommend it.
on September 27, 2012
This is NOT a high volume paper punch. It is a light weight plastic single page punch.

Gave mine to a friend a while back. I would like to get another one, BUT not for $6.95 plus $6.95 shipping!

I will continue to use my single hole punch and punch the few pages for my Day-Timer. I will just keep my eyes opener for one at a garage sale or a resale shop.
on November 10, 2010
While not for heavy duty this punch is essential for me. I make my own "Personal Calendar" pages. You can do up to three pages at a time (with quite a bit of force!). In reality one to two pages at once. But, it sure beats using a one-hole punch and the holes are the right size!
on March 25, 2013
My boss and I tried with 3 pages, then 2 and then one. In no case did we get 6 holes. The most I got on a single page of copier paper was 4 clean, one hanging and one with no mark. Sorry, it doesn't work.

See 1 answered question