5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, sturdy and HOT!
Published on August 2, 2009 by Vynny

1.0 out of 5 stars Run do not look back
Published on November 22, 2010 by Strontium90

1.0 out of 5 stars Run do not look back, November 22, 2010
This review is from: All-Pro TQS1000QD, 1000W Quartz Halogen Stand Worklight With Quick Disconnect (Tools & Home Improvement)
I made the mistake of buying several of these things because they looked like a good idea. It did not take long and all the lamps were dead, but before that happened I had to repair them. The plastic fittings used to hold the shaft in place do not and I used a hose clamp around the outer segment to hold it in place. These things are wobbly, parts do not fit tightly like the tripod, and out of four units they were all the same. I ended up drilling holes in the shafts for 1/4" cap screws with wing nuts to hold them and replaced all the halogen lamps. Now that everything is tight I will use them till they completely fall apart and find another big green Power Light I've had for years that works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, sturdy and HOT!, August 2, 2009
These twin work lights do what you'd expect - light up an area so you can work. They're sturdy and feel well-made and the safety feature of having the power cable screwed to the back is a nice touch. Each light can be switched on or off individually as well as directed up and down, and also about 100 degree angle on the horizontal plane (they lock off so you can't point them at each other which could be a huge fire hazard). Shame there's no low/middle/high option - just an on/off on each light. Also, whilst you can extend the height over three extensions they don't fold up for storage like my other work lights can.

They are hot though; frankly they saturate your area with both the brightness and heat of the sun! Can't argue with the price for such a pro-looking kit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, August 24, 2010
Eamon K Doyle (WELLESLEY HILLS, MA, US) - See all my reviews
My set of these lamps burned out in under 10 hours of use per bulb. The stand is very poorly constructed and one of the handles broke off from a cheap weld. I would not recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is AWESOME, July 6, 2009
Wow, these lights are really bright. I am really glad I purchased this product. I know they may be hot, but they weren't as bad as I expected. They're only too hot when you are less than a foot away and otherwise, it is tolerable. This is also the most professional-looking product that I have purchased yet. It's sturdy and it has an extra bulb. Really good.

The only drawbacks are that if you want an even light, you have to take off the cages because they create a slight shadow and the center piece wiggles a little bit if you don't tighten it all the way. Otherwise, it is GREAT!!! I recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, but far from perfect., March 1, 2013
The light is... interesting. It's very cheaply made, which is very apparent. The lights can not swivel down, which is a pain for using it to light up my engine bay. The fittings and connectors are poorly made, the light is slightly wobbly, and it pulls apart when you don't intend it to, no matter how much you tighten things.

It works well enough for my needs, though, which is the only reason it's not being returned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, February 2, 2013
I bought 2 of these sets before I saved up enough for setting up my more expensive photography gear! These are bright and blinding! Many, many ways to make adjustments and reflecting lights.
I have one regret, I sold these after I bought all my camera lights and umbrellas and muslin backgrounds and so on. I really miss this set; as they have (had) many, many uses. Not just for photography but for working on my truck or lighting my CONEX where I store all my equipment. I was a dummy! if you get these for the same price as I did, don't sell them. I almost guarantee after you sell them you will wish you didn't! they are as handy as a good, well made flashlight!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooper/Regent TQS1000 Twin Work Light 1000-Watt and Stand, January 22, 2011
Great price & simple for me to put together/use as soon as it arrived. The stand seems somewhat wobbly when extended to its full height, but that's easy to deal with by adjusting its twin lights up or down without adjusting the stand to its max.

2.0 out of 5 stars not bad, September 24, 2010
Kelly Shipp (Conway, AR USA) - See all my reviews
I've had this product for over a year. The lights worked great for occasional use, but are VERY HOT, producing a lot of heat, but also a lot of light. Sadly, they both stopped working at the same time. Replacing bulbs didn't solve the problem. Obviously, poor quality/wiring. Useless now...

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of light!, October 10, 2010
This product was purchased to put in our basement after my husband ripped out the electrical, wallboard, etc. in a huge remodel. It has worked great. It provides TONS of light, is almost hot to work around. The bulbs did burn out quickly and had to be replaced. The bulbs were inexpensive and found at the hardware store. The stand is a bit wobbly, but is fine if you are careful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy, September 19, 2010
Anonymous (Sands Point, New York) - See all my reviews
Bought this item for occasional use. Found it serviceable for about 4 hours over the last four months after purchase but then both lights burnt out within hours of each other. When I opened the lights to replace the bulbs I found that both ceramic bulb mountings had fractured and turned to powder. Completely unusable now.