Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: All-Pro Wisdom:The 7 Choices That Lead to Greatness
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 18, 2014
The WOW bonus it this is a book that young men and grown men can both dig into it for an afternoon and start some introspective wheels turning.

You don’t have to love football to gain from the messages in this book.

Oddly- I have some BIG KUDOS to the actual book production: It’s an unusual size book, with really nice thick pages with lots of pictures and bold color. I love the larger font print that makes you feel like you are eating through the pages at light speed. It is heavy in hardcover and feels substantial. The content reads like a cool textbook that has been slathered with high quality photos (about every five pages- Yes I counted there were so many). The bold pictures immediately make the topic feel current and inviting when you pick through it. The cover looks serious because these are serious messages but book designer made this book a total BUY-BUY-BUY in the gift category for me. ( not to discount the master text- the creative team that put the book together really offered a talented display)

As a community leader and as an executive I buy and recommend books for many people. I deeply appreciate what’s UNDER the eye candy glossy pages being many important messages to young men. Messages that are presented in a very personal way:

Here are my favorite nuggets that we can all enjoy from a Super Bowl Champion:

Choose and understand your identity. Furthermore that Identity is shown by what you do consistently
Start where you are and start today.

Winners focus on execution (things they can control) and losers focus on results (things they cannot control.)

Turn from a “help me” messages in your internal faith language to “thank you” for this moment.

We all need mentors that support us. The person you marry may be one of your greatest mentors in life.

Owning mistakes lets you take back the power they had over you. Move the power forward by making a simple resolution in your mind to do it differently next time.
on February 25, 2014
I am a MBA student at Stanford Business School, and picked up this book because I was intrigued by the unique combination: an All-Pro NFL player teaming up with a business leader? This is certainly a different approach--and I'm so glad I gave it a shot.

In our Stanford MBA program, we have read most of the classic management and leadership texts--and I have found this book to be the most crisp, actionable, and impactful book on leadership and self-awareness I've read to date.

Where other books lost me in broad theories, rigid frameworks, or "best practices" that are difficult to implement, this book quickly drills down to the questions core to any leader (or any organization/company for that matter):

- Who am I?
- What is my purpose?
- What defines my character?
- What are my goals?
- How am I going to grow today?

This book doesn't force-feed you the right answers, it simply serves up the right questions--and shows you how a handful of inspirational people approach them everyday. It's understated and effective.

Rather than using dated examples from decades (or centuries) ago, this book is fresh--utilizing the first-hand anecdotes of respectable pro athletes sprinkled with real-world business insights, making it a fast, entertaining, and memorable read.

I believe this will prove to be an important book, and one that will benefit a wide-range of readers, from business executives to young athletes. In fact, I just bought copies of the book for both my corporate strategy professor and my college-aged nephew.
on February 26, 2014
All-Pro Wisdom is an easy, quick read. I found it motivating and very inspirational!!

I would highly recommend for anyone, not just sports fans!!
on March 8, 2014
This book is an excellent choice to help re-focus your personal goals. I would also highly recommend this book to share with atheletes at any age level. Matt Birk is a wonderful role model. The book reminds us that personal goals in athletics or other areas are wonderful achievements, but don't define us. Character defines us, our relationship with God defines us, our families define us. Get back on the right track today & read this book!
on February 13, 2014
This book helped me to refocus on what I need to do right now. Making the BIG goals more doable in small, bite size + actionable steps. My take-away: What is the best I can do right now.
on February 11, 2014
On the heels of the Super Bowl, a friend of mine told me about “All-Pro Wisdom.” While I’m not a huge football fan, I really enjoyed the book. The authors present empowering leadership strategies that really resonated with me. If you are in management, you will find this book helpful in your quest to inspire others.
on February 7, 2014
The book isn't too long of a read and keeps you interested the entire time. I couldn't put it down. I probably finished the book in less than a week that's how much i was reading it. This would be a good gift for any football fan, or just someone who is an avid reader looking for some guidance.
on February 19, 2014
First I must say that I am and always have been a Matt Birk fan. So this book was an all around welcomed treat. With that said, this book is not only for fans of his, or the NFL. It is a book about Leadership and the process in which we can all begin to take to make our lives better. There are excerpts from many on of the greatest players to ever play the game of football. It is a great example of how no matter where you are, you can start today- to begin to change your life and lives around you for the better. This book is about broadening the best you. I believe that nearly everyone can read this book and accumulate some of the key principles that make an outstanding leader. Take the time to read it and see how it can enrich your life. I know I am glad I did!
on May 17, 2014
This is an excellent book and would make a great gift for anyone. Most importantly, you can easily apply the lessons learned as soon as you put the book down. I will be sending a copy to my son in the Army and I'm sure it will be passed around to the other soldiers to read/use!
on March 11, 2014
I opened the book yesterday for the first time and could not put it down. I read it from cover to cover in a matter of hours. It is clear and concise and contains a great guide to living one's life. I'd recommend that every high school student read this book