5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for teens
I loved this movie I rented it on instant video and have watched it twice already I wanted to watch it before i bought it for my niece and i am happy to say i really enjoyed it. It made me laugh and everything that you want to do during a movie. i will definitely be buying this for my niece along with a copy to put in my collection.
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars I JUST KISSED MYSELF
Published 15 months ago by The Movie Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars I JUST KISSED MYSELF, May 11, 2013
This review is from: All Screwed Up (DVD)
This is another trading places movie. One of the victims is the unlikeable Teenisha (Chyna Layne). She is a bit spastic and the product of her own doing, being disagreeable because she can be, engaging in half-truths and playing the victim. Pete (Jake Waldman) is the other lost soul. He is the center of the basketball team and is the closet thing Teenisha has to a friend. Pete gets ridiculed for his friendship with Teenish, the worse coming from his girlfriend Hillary (Allison Carter Thomas) a cheerleader who is also the leader of the "mean girls."

Teenisha acquires a rare CG elephant beetle from Africa, one that can survive in a sealed plastic container. Through various circumstances they trade places with the formulaic results.

This movie has big pluses and big minuses. The acting of Allison Carter Thomas was completely overdone and approaches camp as she is the stereotypical mean girl without chance for redemption. Once the characters were switched, the actors were able to shine in their reverse roles as they assumed the personality of the other. Indeed, this was the strength of the film, one that was underutilized. The feel of the film as well as the characters were directed at a young audience, yet in one scene they drop the F-Bomb. This was done for a comedic effect. Steve as Teenisha uses the phrase which Teenisha as Steve repeats but uses "freaken" instead. It wasn't that funny. If they removed it, it would be suitable for a tween film.

Parental Guide: 1 F-bomb. No sex. No nudity. Weak sex innuendo talk. Hillary gropes her own Hillaries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for teens, September 15, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute Film, May 17, 2013
This review is from: All Screwed Up (DVD)
All Screwed Up is a film about a nerdy teenage girl named Teenisha and a popular teenage boy named Pete who switch bodies when an African Beetle bites Pete. You might think the old switching body routine has been played out, and normally I would agree, but this movie managed to pull off a unique version of it. I've seen people switch with their parents, switch with their siblings, their friends, and even their pets, but this was the first time I saw a boy and girl with a potential for romance change places. It leads to a lot of crazy antics when Teenisha tries to take over on the basketball team and Pete has to figure out how to act like a lady. Throw in a nasty stereotypical mean girl, you have the makings of a teenage classic.

I really enjoyed this film. I thought the cast did a great job and there were some laugh out loud moments. Yes, there are a few incongruities, like the beetle staying alive in container with no air holes. But since its a magic beetle, I didn't dwell on that. I did allow my thirteen-year-old daughter to watch the movie with me because it is , or at least should be, geared more toward the younger crowd. The thing that keeps this from being a true teenage film is the unnecessary use of one F bomb. Had that one word been omitted, this film would be PG-13, but as it is, parents should use their discretion when deciding whether or not to share the film with tweens and teens. I would give the movie 3 stars, but my daughter says 4 and since I believe she is a better judge in this scenario, I am sticking with a 4 star rating.

**Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this post. I did receive a sample of the product to try in order to write a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***

All Screwed Up
All Screwed Up by Chyna Layne (DVD - 2013)
$24.99 $19.99