5.0 out of 5 stars Super good!
Published 21 months ago by Ivan O'Pinyon

3.0 out of 5 stars Reminiscent of a story about the X-men vs. Arcade
Published 20 months ago by M. J. Thysell

3.0 out of 5 stars Reminiscent of a story about the X-men vs. Arcade, May 4, 2013
This review is from: All Superheroes Must Die (DVD)
The concept of this film feels like an X-men versus Arcade in Murderworld story. The heroes wake up trapped in a deadly game where they have to participate in several challenges set up by the villain. If they win, they can go free. If they lose or don't play at all, everyone dies. Personally, I'm not a fan of these types of stories, but this movie doesn't have the kids gloves approach that X-men comics used to have.

I read the reviews before I watched this movie, which lowered my expectations. That definitely impacted my viewing experience for the better. The average score of 2.5 stars is about right for this film. Some things are done really well, but other parts fall flat. I liked the costumes, and the actions by the characters made sense for the most part. On the other hand, there are some significant plot holes, yet they need to be overlooked or else there is no movie. The film is about 15-20 minutes too short, which could have been filled by a flashback that showed the heroes using their powers or working as a team or explain what they had done to the villain that spurred his revenge plot.

Could this have been better? Sure, but you have to consider that this is a low budget film when watching it. Just remind yourself that you are watching an up-and-comer's early work, and then you can enjoy it for what it is.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great looking poster for a horrible movie, January 22, 2013
I am one who is a sucker for all things superhero but this movie was just bad in many ways. Costumes, plot, characters, acting, sets, etc. The female "hero" was the worst actor of all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super good!, March 25, 2013
This review is from: All Superheroes Must Die (DVD)
I love superhero movies. I love indie films. That was enough for me to want to see this. It drew me in, kept me interested and I liked the characters. By the end of the movie, I knew I had seen an original, cool story. What impressed me further were the credits; the two main male characters also wrote the movie. The credits are brief and peppered with the writers' family members indicating a low budget project, yet the film is of very high quality with great camera shots. For what they were working with, this movie is brilliant!

3.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Movie Review! - (...) - @tss5078, November 2, 2013
Todd Smith (East Rockaway, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All Superheroes Must Die (DVD)
This film has one of the most original plots I've seen in a long time, however this film was panned by critics. After seeing All Superheroes Must Die, I really can't understand why it has one of the lowest IMDB ratings I've ever seen. It's nowhere near as good as it could have been, but it's certainly not as bad as most critics are making it out to be. Four superheroes wake up in an abandon town with their powers gone. Near them are TV sets, which explain that they have been captured by their arch-enemy, Rickshaw, and will be forced to play a game, in order to save the towns residence. The story is extremely original, but what I liked most about it was that the characters weren't over the top. The "superheroes" are actually normal twenty-somethings, who got powers from an object that fell from the sky. They are drinking, swearing, seemingly normal people, who were put into this impossible situation by a madman. Rickshaw is played by veteran character actor, James Remar, who was terrific. Parts of the film are slow and when things do slow down, Rickshaw, as clever as he is funny, is there to move things along. Jason Trost is the lead superhero, Charge, and he did a lot more than star in this thing, he wrote, produced, and directed it, which is a hard thing to do, especially for someone who doesn't have a lot of experience. The one knock I have against this film is that due to their small budget and independent status, much of the action scenes were very short. The challenges were clever, but by the time you understood what was going to happen, it was over. The film itself is very short, which doesn't allow them to go deeply into anything and that's what I think most people disliked about the film. It's not that this was a bad movie, it's that it really could have been a whole lot more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Really WANTED to LIKE this., September 23, 2013
This review is from: All Superheroes Must Die [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The background of the disc case shows HIGH scrapers... no two-storey buildings in this, and
there are NO super-powers. Luckily, the villian WAS a great BAD guy... so was the rest of
the movie. The writing, etcetera. the sFX were okay, mainly because there wasn't any. Luckily,
I only paid $10 for my Blu-Ray.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie but realize what you are buying, February 20, 2013
This review is from: All Superheroes Must Die (DVD)
I wanted to give this movie a 5 out of 5 but there were some weak areas. Most people will buy this movie because they are fans of the Trost brothers and as such, will be familiar with their works. If you are not a fan and are not familiar with their previous works, then it is very likely you will hate this movie. This movie takes an unconventional route of story telling that appeals to fans of the indie genre. It does not spoon feed you information and forces the viewer to wait to get the full story. The acting is one of its weak-points, it is not bad acting, but it does feel somewhat plastic in its presentation. As a fan, it is exciting to see the cast grow and learn but if viewing it from the outside, it would be understandable if people were not impressed. I think the truly remarkable part of this movie is the long-lasting effect it had on me. Like a fine wine or cheese or 40 oz, my enjoyment of the movie came after fully processing it. So, bottom line: if you're a fan of indie movies or a fan of the Trost brothers, give the movie a chance and you may find a new love in your life but if you're looking for conventional Hollywood story telling, steer clear. A good litmus test is to watch The FP [Blu-ray] and if you enjoy that; you'll probably enjoy All Superheroes Must Die.

3.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the effort, February 17, 2013
Tony D. Fisher Ll (Buffalo, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All Superheroes Must Die (DVD)
I could see what he was doing. I enjoyed the effort. I also enjoyed the usage of a minimalist budget and staging. It bodes well for his (the Directors)future efforts. I think in the future he may wish to use a more linear story to deal with the back story.

2.0 out of 5 stars All Superheroes Should At Least Try, February 17, 2013
Robert Cossaboon "devil doll" (The happy land of Walworth, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All Superheroes Must Die (DVD)
A superhero movie without superheroes, and superheroes without superpowers; oh, to have been a fly on the wall when this movie was pitched. Ok, strictly speaking, there are superheroes in the film, but don't expect anything super. They just talk gallons of sentences about what it is like to be a superhero. Even the flashback sequences are replete with gabbing. As for the superheroes without superpowers, the producer/writer/director team of Till and Trost would have done well to have remembered what made the TV series "Heroes" suck so bad so quickly in the first place: removing the very thing from the principal characters that hooked viewers in the first place, those superpowers. Making a film about powerless superheroes could have been a fine idea. An interesting theme of whether power makes the man, or merely compliments the character could have been explored. Instead, we get endless monologue and some kind of semblance of a relationship between two of the characters. Don't kid yourself, however there is no love lost in this film; indeed, heart is the one true superpower missing from All Superheroes Must Die. Instead we have what look like a bunch of freshman/sophmore college kids filming themselves while they are LARPing. Which means that if you have uninteresting heroes, the one thing left is to turn to the bad guy, James Remar. To give Remar his due, he truly tries to knock the role out of the park but, like so much of this film, it all amounts to nothing in the end. I would love to have seen him take it to Mark Hammil levels, ala the Joker voice work he did on the animated Batman series. It may be true that all superheroes must die, but they could at least go out with more of a bang and less of a bluster.

1.0 out of 5 stars IRONY AND ROMANCE, February 10, 2013
The opening of the film shows a raised fist in burning flames with metal music. I thought I was in for a grindhouse. The DVD lacks any extras and as cheap as this thing was made, I was surprised it had scene jumps and a case. We are thrust into a story with zero character introduction. 4 superheroes in ripped wet suits,whose past we know nothing about, are suddenly placed into a game designed for them to lose, by a foe (James Remar) we know even less about.

The heroes have been injected by (?) and their powers which we know nothing about, are gone except for John, who still has his strength which he never uses as he gets kicked around. There are black and white flashbacks which are meaningless. This film was written in four days and shot in 15, 10 hour segments. It is a stinker that lacks camp value as well.

Unless you plan on playing the suggested drinking game that goes with this film (Google it) I must strongly urge you to avoid this one.

Parental Guide: F-bombs. No sex or nudity.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lot of Haters for an Excellent Low Budget Indie Movie, July 30, 2013
This review is from: All Superheroes Must Die (DVD)
I truly enjoyed this little gem. It's amazing what can be done with so little money. I enjoyed the story and the tone. Does anybody really think the script for X-Men: First Class was anything but horrible. The X Men's crappy script and mediocre acting is covered up by millions of dollars of CGI. This is true for so many of the new action films out there. ASMD was excellent for what they had to work with and I thought Jason Trost as the hero and James Remar as the the villain were excellent. Despite all the single stars I would suggest that individuals take a peek at this excellent little film. Is it an Oscar nominee? Certainly not but it is a fun little movie. We need to applaud these indie directors to make sure they can keep making movies. Especially at a time when more and more big releases are absolute drivel with CGI and explosions added.

All Superheroes Must Die [Blu-ray]
All Superheroes Must Die [Blu-ray] by Jason Trost (Blu-ray - 2013)
$17.97 $12.49