4.0 out of 5 stars pissed off
What's with the crap that this cd installed on my computer ????????

Keep this up music industry,and you will take a bigger nose dive than you already are.

You lied about cd prices dropping,they are not ,and now this crap???

Oh,the cd??

It's a notch below on the singers..

Santana as usual soars..

What a...
Published on November 10, 2005 by C. Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the Trojan Horse Santana !!!
This CD installs w/o your permission a ROOTKIT. For those who don't know what the term means, a rootkit is a type of Trojan that keeps itself, other files, registry keys and network connections hidden from detection. It runs at the lowest level of the machine and typically intercepts common API calls. For example, it can intercept requests to a file manager such as...
Published on November 6, 2005 by Mr. Brightside

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars I will not buy this CD until the spyware is gone, May 24, 2006
This review is from: All That I Am (Audio CD)
Despite the rootkit scandal of late 2005, Sony continues trying to sell copy protected CDs. Even if this copy protection software is less harmful than their last attempt, I only buy CDs that let me exercise my Fair Use rights under US copyright law to copy, back-up, and enjoy my music in any format and at any time I choose - whether on my MP3 player, my SlimServer, or my car CD player.

Until the big labels get a clue about this and start treating their customers like, um, customers, and not crooks, they will continue to bleed money, and deserve it.

I'm even more disappointed that Carlos Santana went along with this. I thought he would know better than to mistrust his fans.

2.0 out of 5 stars good cd, won't play on my laptop anymore!, December 4, 2005
maximom229 (Gettysburg, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All That I Am (Audio CD)
while certainly not Santana's best cd, the copywrite protection thing is a nightmare. I "installed" (not by my choice) this on my laptop to listen to it and it worked the first day, but never again. what a nightmare. I don't have any interest in watching anything on a music cd (they should really offer different versions so people can choose) so the software included was not only worthless but a serious problem. I was going to buy 2 more copies for people for christmas presents but I wouldn't do this to them. Maybe they can just download the songs from applemusic. geez, i won't ever buy another cd like this and frankly, i'd like my money back or to get one that doesn't do this garbage!

3.0 out of 5 stars An Open Letter, July 5, 2006
Dear Carlos,

As a long-time hard-core base fan, I have to write you this letter. You have a large core group of us out here who have been with you since Ballin', the lost single of '67, we were your west-coast oh-my-god-did-you-hear-that-guitar-sing??? tongue-lolling eye-popping rabid-slavering fans who couldn't get enough Santana Band to fill our patched blue jeans! We're still out here Carlos! When are you going to release one last (at the very least) "Santana" album? Man! We been with you through the three great break-through classic rock albums (bam! bam! bam!), through Diamond Head's funk-rock with Buddy Miles, through the amazing jazz-rock experimentation of Caravanserai, Welcome, and Borboletta, through the introspective experimentation of Jazz Fusion with Mahavishnu John and Alice Coltrane. We were simply blown away when you followed up the Latino-Jazz-Rock sensibilities of Amigos and Festival with the jaw-dropping Moonflower. We followed you around the corner and into the 80's with Inner Secrets, Marathon, the almost Abraxas-like Zebop! and even Shango. We did a double-take again with Havana Moon (wow, this really IS good stuff!) and your own personal favorite Blues for Salvador (album for your wife, title track for your son, and most-beautiful instrumental for your daughter). We resurrected you with Spirits Dancing In The Flesh (I believe Carlos! I believe!) and Milagro (another jaw-dropping album, my God you never cease to amaze!) and we even caught hold of your familial album, Brothers (now THAT's a 90's experiment!), and then you shot the moon with Supernatural. I was amazed, yes I was, this is cool, Carlos has a whole new audience and he managed to not isolate his oldest fan-base, he even hid a long-awaited duet with the other guitar-god at the end, wow, I was just silly with enjoyment. Honeymoon is finally over Carlos. Shaman? You stretched it a bit trying it out a second time, and yeah I know the new kids love ya, but all I REALLY liked after several listens, was the (what I thought was truely avante...) inspirational "Novus" with Placido Domingo at the voice.

All That I Am? C'mon Carlos! I Love You Man, but aside from a few of your own band tracks, the Los Lonely Boys track (I DO Love them as best new artist in the last 10 rockless-years) and I can forgive the Bo Bice tune, in fact I like it, Bo is cool, but Carlos, the bottom line here is, give it a rest. You've managed to do this three times with big bang sales and I'm sure you are re-invigorated (as you well should be) with the youth of it all, but Carlos, the Angels of MY better nature are beckoning to you, give us a Santana album please, not another variety show. Bring back Alex and Greg on vocals (or even Leon for ol' times sake) get "the band" back behind you, Chester, Tom, Michael, Armando, Graham, (Man I bet you could even sweet-talk Neal Schon into one last guitar-war!). I hear rumours you're doing a guitar-oriented album this fall with some of the heavy-metal greats, but that's not it Man.

I gave you three stars because that's the lowest grade I can ever bring myself to ever give to you Man, I mean, I got Angels to reckon with too, and in all fairness, the album is Half-Good in my opinion and any Santana fan should avail themselves of it with one condition:

"Don't scream at Carlos for the nasty stuff Sony did with the CD if you put it in your computer. Carlos and Deborah posted a disclaimer on their website the instant they found out about it and urge everyone to contact Sony with your displeasure."

So that's my advice Carlos, your people want YOU back, at least for one more go-round if not a few. You gotta have a few more Milagro, or Havana Moon, or Caravanserai/Welcome, or [gasp!] even another {untitled} Santana III ??? Please Carlos?

Thanks for listening

Ellos Quiere Te Jugar!

1.0 out of 5 stars It is up to you to decide!, November 3, 2005
J. Szpila (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
Content/ Copy-Protected CD

This product limits your ability to make multiple digital copies of its content, and you will not be able to play this disc or make copies onto devices not listed as compatible. Content/ copy protected CDs should allow limited burning, as well as ripping into secure Windows Media Audio formats for playback with most compatible media players and portable devices. In rare cases, these CDs may not be compatible with computer CD-ROM players, DVD players, game consoles, or car CD stereos, and often are not transferable to other formats like MP3.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Support The Madness, May 16, 2006
Max Fairfax (Reston, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All That I Am (Audio CD)
I will not buy this, or any other CD, that contains predatory software that makes the buyer vulnerable to spyware, viruses, and other PC problems. Talk about lousy customer service! What is Sony trying to protect? It was proven during the days of cassettes that convenience copying does not hurt the music industry. Those who would pirate the music, large scale, will find a way around the copy protection anyway. We consumers are the only losers.

1.0 out of 5 stars SONY Installs the most insideous TROJAN HORSE, November 9, 2005
This review is from: All That I Am (Audio CD)
I love Santana, but I am not buying this CD because it installs the most insideous form of virus/trojan-horse called a root kit onto your PC if you rip/play it there. The rootkit isn't even well written at that, so it is even more dangerous to your pc.

Also, There is NO WAY TO REMOVE IT without completely reinstalling your Windows Operating system!

Don't get me wrong. I use Yahoo/musicmatch/napster and am comfortable with their Digital Rights Management.

Tell SONY you won't stand for this and do not buy this CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good CD, March 12, 2006
This review is from: All That I Am (Audio CD)
I thought this was a decent CD. There were some songs on it that I would listen to over and over again. Great work, Señor Santana!

One thing about the copy-protected CDs...... hold down the Left Shift button on your keyboard when inserting the CD. That will stop the install of their program.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too bad, November 2, 2005
Glen Daniels (Arlington, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All That I Am (Audio CD)
I've loved Santana for decades, and was excited to hear about the new album. And I even might have purchased it despite some of the less glowing reviews of the music.... But the copy protection stuff is the clincher for me - this CD is not going into my collection.

If I can't rip it for use on my mp3 players and laptop, I'm not buying it, and I hope that many others (enough to make a dent in sales) feel the same way. I agree with a previous reviewer; please write Arista (and Santana) about this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rootkit, November 11, 2005
This review is from: All That I Am (Audio CD)
Because this disc installs a rootkit that slows down your PC and makes your PC easy to hijack by hackers I am not going to order it. Sony and Santana can keep their Copy protected CD!

1.0 out of 5 stars And the music industry can't figure why sales are down, November 9, 2005
This review is from: All That I Am (Audio CD)
I totally agree with all the negative comments about this release.

Quite annoyed that it cannot be played on my P.C. or portable cd player.

My copy will end up at the used cd store.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

All That I Am
All That I Am by Santana (Audio CD - 2005)
Rate and Discover Movies