Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on September 3, 2013
HATED to give Criminal Minds anything but a 5 star review. I have loved this show from the very first episode. The casting on this show has always been top notch, especially since it's been a bit of a revolving door. I don't know if Paget Brewster (Emily Prentiss) decided to leave the show or if they made a serious blunder by getting rid of her...much as they did when they didn't renew J.J.'s contract, but the show REALLY took a turn for the worse this year. They could have saved it with some great casting, but I seriously DO NOT like the Jeanne Tripplehorn character!! Maybe a decent actress could have done a better job, but I doubt it. She does not fit in with the group, could not be more boring to watch and whenever she's on I tend to zone out and have actually walked away from TV when she's on. This is something I have never done in the previous 7 seasons, I am usually on the edge of my seat through each episode. I love this show so much and hate that they are starting their downhill slide, but I dislike the character so much that I doubt I will sit through or even DVR another season with her on it. I intend to buy season 8 in hopes that they realize how bad it is with her on it and fix it like they did when J.J. was not on. All that negativity aside...you are missing one of the best, most exciting shows ever on tv if you don't catch the first 7 seasons. Before this year I actually planned my week around making sure I didn't miss an episode. There's never been another show quite like it before.
on October 15, 2012
This was a great episode, I almost didn't recognize Kim Wayans or McKenzie Phillips, they were great. However I miss Emily, The new girl is good, but she's not Emily Prentiss, I love the show because they have strong women that don't have to show skin to get notice or play super cop women, they seem real. I was happy that they brought JJ back. I like agent Hotchter.
22 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2013
I have been watching Criminal Minds since its first episode and have always loved it. The quality of the show has had its ups and down- the season in which Prentiss and JJ were dismissed was one of the worst. Many fans (including myself) didn't like the new agent, Seaver, who replaced the two veteran stars. But I think this season is truly worse even than Seaver's season (season 6, I think). Why? Because of the newest team member, Agent Blake. Her character is cold, dull, and has almost no sense of humor. I can't see her really bonding with the rest of the team, and in fact, she expressed a dislike for "sensitive" people. Does that mean she doesn't like Garcia or Morgan? They both get a bit sensitive and the cases sometimes get to them emotionally. Is she saying she'd rather work with robots?

I truly hope that the show either makes some changes to Blake's character or kindly asks Tripplehorn (the actress playing Blake) to leave.

And what's with the endings? Why are they always the same? What's going on with this season? Where's the creativity? And why is the unsub's identity revealed so early on? It's so much less fun that way!
I give this episode 3 stars.
on January 18, 2013
Love this show! Been watching it since its inception! :) Would recommend to anyone to watch it! They won't be sorry
on January 1, 2013
Great writing for this series and the actors are all played perfectly. (Although I'm not too sure about Tripplehorn) I'll give it another few episodes before I make any decision about her character.
on November 3, 2013
My favorite show ever. I am 65 years and have watched a lot of t.v. in my day. Only have one complaint, I really miss Emily. The group was perfect, a great meeting of minds. Sure hope she will return again and stay on the show. I just love, love Garcia and Spencer. They bring a great perspective to the show. Please bring Emily back. Anyhoo, Good job on the show.
on March 15, 2016
great series! Love this series! Although definitely not kid friendly it is a great adult treat. The main characters are super engaging and you find you can get really emotionally invested. The writers and producers are genius and make each episode its own story. You can easily walk into the series at any point and get enough content information to know what is going on and not feel completely lost. The BAU team are thoroughly entertaining and their character plots are quite thought provoking. The content can be graphic at times but not over the top. There are multiple story lines going simultaneously but it's done eloquently so you get just enough critical detail to remember from episode to episode. When applicable they give review segments before the episode so viewers can get caught up on crucial details from previous episodes that are relevant to what you are about to watch further deepening your understanding of the narrative. You leave each episode emotional and excited about what is going to happen next. It's easy to get wrapped up in the mind and workings of the BAU. I love that the focus isn't targeted exclusively at the murderers but rather the development of the profile and thought process of the information analysis as well as relationship between main characters. It's engaging and thought provoking. I can't wait to watch more!
on September 1, 2013
Alex in the cast member ruins it. Bad actress, first casting mistake in the 8 seasons the show has been on
on June 17, 2014
I LOVE Criminal Minds and have no shame admitting to being a fanatic. In my opinion, the show has the best ensemble cast I can ever remember seeing. I experience the show as being fairly accurate (in reference to crime/procedural and behavioral facts, psychological disorders, etc). Many episodes since the show's inception have been (loosely) based on real cases, so originality has remained fairly intact through the years, which is refreshing. I love the very the very timely use of music - both instrumental compositions as well as recognizable rock n roll tunes - I wish, like so many other fans that the powers that be would release an official soundtrack. A box set could be made...there are so many awesome songs.

The only reason why I rate season 8 as less than perfect is due to the absence of actress Paget Brewster and her character on the show, Emily Prentiss. Prentiss was arguably the strongest female lead; characters like Prentiss just cannot be easily replaced. Although the writers didn't attempt to do this exactly, a new female cast member was added. Played by Jean Tripplehorn, the new female agent just doesn't ever seem to fit in.

As much as I'm disturbed by the absence of Paget Brewster, I'll be a big girl & admit that I'm pretty biased. Emily Prentiss was my favorite character, and I honestly don't think that I would have liked nor endorsed ANYONE who tried to follow in the footsteps of the best fictional FBI BAU heroine in television history.
on April 24, 2013
They are keeping you hooked this season with a storyline that you can't miss...keeps you watching until what will probably be the season finale before we find out who the bad guy is! Also some episodes do not involve story line and these are just fun to watch. The best episode so far is Zugswang!