Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

I've been a fan of Alison's character, Sami Brady, on Days of Our Lives since 1993... so when I received this book as a gift, I knew it would be nothing short of amazing.

People either love or despise her (Sami) and this book talks candidly about Alison's personal and professional life, as well as behind-the-scenes insider tell-all secrets. Alison talks openly about her life, her loves, passions, her struggle with weight in the acting industry, and her supportive family throughout her childhood acting. She talks about her real-life relationships with her co-workers, some attended her prom, some attended her wedding, etc. There are even pictures of other cast members with her with real-life wedding pictures as well as magazine covers

I gotta say though, as a die-hard fan of Sami, I was NOT disappointed. This book told me everything I always secretly wanted to know about Sami's life. Alison was very detailed in explaining the reasoning behind Sami's behaviors.

One of my favorite parts of the books was hearing how an old woman actually hit Alison on the street with a purse because she hated Sami so much and said, "Give the baby back!"
0Comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2004
This is such a good and helpful book. I bought it for my teenage daughter who is feeling a little picked on and insecure in school recently, and I swear she hasn't put it down. I had to stop her in between chapters to ask if it was good, and all she could say was "wow, I didn't think a star like her would feel the same way as me!" Thanks Ali, for sharing your life and helping others.
on February 10, 2005
Any fan of Days of Our Lives would love to read this book. It is filled behind the scenes fun facts as Alison tells her story of how she was a Days of Our Lives fan one day and on the show the next. She goes in detail about her struggle with her weight and gives tips for others on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. There are pictures from points of interest in her life and behind the scenes photos from Days. This book is very well written and easy to read. I really enjoyed it and I think others will too!
on May 24, 2004
I got this book and finished it all in the same weekend! If you like Hollywood stories, tales of teenage angst and an all around fun, fast read with some morals and lessons thrown in, this book is for you! Ali tells the story of her life growing up on Days of Our Lives, funny memories about shooting episodes and the trials and tribulations that made her who she is today. She talks about high-school, dating, meeting and marrying her husband and much more. Trust me, this is a great read.
on February 21, 2005
I just finished this awesome book and took away from it some very valuable life lessons. Ali is mature way beyond her years and her true sense of self comes shining through in this book. I had only really known her through her role as Sami, and I can tell that she shares with me an intrigue toward a character that you love to hate. I just hope that Ali will do a follow-up book down the road so we can get her outlook on motherhood, post-pregnancy weight, etc.
on May 24, 2004
Go buy this book!!! I loved all the stories Alison shares about Days of our Lives, and the behind-the-scenes stuff. She also talks a lot about losing weight, and how hard it is in Hollywood. I think this book is so great!
on October 1, 2005
When I found out about his book, I went to the library and checked it, and I was not dissapointed! I loved this book! I am a big fan of Days of Our Lives, especially Sami, and I love Ali's work, she is an excellent actress and is extremely talented! The book was really directed at people my age, and it was very interesting to me, I could'nt put it down... and then I read it again! I just think that this is a really good book for anyone who loves Days of Our Lives, because Alison really gives an up close look into what it's really like to be in Salem!
on May 24, 2004
Watching Ali play Sami on "Days" I always wondered what she would be like in real life...this book says it all! She is nothing like her character except in her strength of personality and will, as a matter of fact she seems like a really nice, normal person who has gone through what so many of us have! People being mean, trying to be popular and fit in, there's something for everyone to relate to. Plus, you get all the dirt on what goes on behind the scenes at "Days"! This is a great book for fans and for teens dealing with insecurities and growing up.
on March 30, 2007
I have watched days on and off for years but was never a huge Sami fan. I picked up this book to read while recovering from surgery. I had heard Ali will be hosting Biggest Loser and I wanted to know more about her.

The book is written with such honesty, like Ali is talking to a friend.

I was impressed by the honesty in her weight struggles and social life issues growing up in show business. I think it would be an inspiring read for any teen/young women struggling with weight, self esteem issues. It is obviosuly a great read for Days fans too.
on August 10, 2006
This is a great book for anyone who is a fan of days or of Ali. This is also a good book for anyone that would like to act on a soap or in general. She gives a lot of information about her childhood about acting and the show. The start of the book was kind of slow I give it 4 stars but the rest of the book I give 5. I also liked her advice on health and fitness it was very simplistic stuff but it worked for her and if you watch the show and know about her she had a baby after writing this book not long ago and it appears like she's lost her baby weight so her plan obviously works and helps her to keep the weight off too. I agree with her that it's about health and a lifestlye not just a diet. She gives a lot of good advice and it's a very interesting read. I highly recommend it! I've just started reading burnt toast by teri hatcher.