5.0 out of 5 stars An unknown talent
I bought this album a couple of weeks ago without having heard it. Then promptly bought everything else they'd done. Fantastic vocals, heart wrenching lyrics backed up with beautiful guitar work. He has a heartfelt voice with a accent that you could listen to all day.

Published on April 20, 2012 by Manorsessions

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for one song.".Let her go"
maybe the rest will grow on me. Just not very upbeat for me. But do love the song "Let her go"
Published 10 months ago by chris

5.0 out of 5 stars An unknown talent, April 20, 2012
This review is from: All the Little Lights (Audio CD)

I saw them live in Melbourne last night, it is now in the top 5 gigs I have ever been to. If you get a chance to see them live they are exceptional. The type of gig where 800 people are dead silent hanging on his every word and then the next signing in unison.

If you buy one CD on a whim this year, let this one be it. Once you've heard it you'll buy everything else. And if you can find it grab the 2CD version it has 8 tracks from the album fully acoustic.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Cat Stevens, Passenger is for you!, August 8, 2013
"Let Her Go" has been a Number 1 song in 16 countries for good reason. The U.S.A. is about to discover what all the fuss is about. A great album by a fine singer/songwriter.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Album on Several Levels, December 16, 2013
First, if you are wondering about the [Explicit] warning on the album, don't be. This album is not full of swearing. I went through and listened specifically for swearing, and there were six instances of swearing in the entire album (across 4 songs). Most of the songs are completely clean.

The lead singer of this "group" was born in England, although his accent sounds Irish to this American. If you like the main hit on this album "Let Her Go", the rest are almost that good, and in a style that is not far off from it. Most of the songs are reflective or social-commentary, but not in an angry way. If you're looking for a mellow, yet upbeat album and are OK with something folk-y, I recommend this.

I bought this album at the same time I bought "Bad Blood" by Bastille and I recommend both for the same reasons: mellow, yet upbeat music with a consistent quality and style that I can listen to all the way through without skipping a single track.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Surprise, January 12, 2013
I picked up this album after sampling all the tracks and it sounded like something I was in the mood for- also, the album was on sale. Woah, I was taken aback by the gentle and honest lyrics, but the melodic songs. There is a fine line in Passenger's album that is both hard and soft, and I enjoyed every song. The other thing I like is that there are 5 acoustic versions of songs on the album at the end, which is something I haven't seen an artist do: basically give me free acoustic version of the album's music. Great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Poet-Singer!, August 18, 2013
Passenger's music cuts right to the soul and surprises tears to my eyes each time I listen to a new composition. Mixing quiet yet innovative folk music with scintillating lyrics, each song makes keen observations on the hidden truths of human nature... and it is impossible not to envision the mythology of your own life experiences entwined with each thoughtful verse. Very rarely does a talent like this find voice in the world, and I can only hope that this traveling troubadour has many more songs to share with us all.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Don't Even Like Folk Rock, April 4, 2013
This review is from: All The Little Lights (Audio CD)
Good God - it's a man's heart laid bare to the world. Amidst a barrage of plastic pop - this album is musical poetry about a segment of one man's human experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Currently, the most played cd on my ipod., December 29, 2012
This review is from: All The Little Lights (Audio CD)
When I first heard the song "Let Her Go" on a local radio station, I thought I was listening to something new by Brett Dennen. I learned it was from "Passenger" and I decided to buy the cd on the strength of that one song. I am so glad I did. I absolutely love every song on that cd! JoAnn

5.0 out of 5 stars this music makes you smile, December 29, 2012
This review is from: All The Little Lights (Audio CD)
He has a specific voice and not everone wil like that, but the music makes you smile. uptempo cheerfull.
The music resembles the music of Jack Johnson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, January 29, 2014
I am 65 years old, but try to keep up on all kinds of music. I absolutely love Passenger. Music is not dead! Beautiful compositions and chord changes. Reminds me a bit of the Kinks and the Shins. This is my favorite new band.

5.0 out of 5 stars I could listen to Passenger 24 hours a day, January 14, 2014
Mike calls it F*ing depressing folk music, but when I'm down, this is what lifts me. When I'm not down, I just love to hear his voice and his music. I would LOVE to hear him in person.

Passenger music takes a little slice of life and gives it wings. Likes many people, I heard Let Her Go on the radio and loved it, so I looked up the band and founded everything I could find. All the Little Lights is his best album to date, though honestly Crows in the Snow (not on this album) is my least favorite song of his and even it has begun to grow on me. The title song from this album describes how little pieces of us die out through our hard times and poor decisions. Holes is probably one of my favorites about how things we view as losses might actually be good for us...we miss them like holes in our heads. There are some lighter hearted songs that still have deeper meaning, like Wrong Direction (fun to try to keep up with the song, but the video is even better) and I Hate. Every song on this album is beautiful and meaningful. I grew up listening to artists like Cat Stevens, Bob Dylan. There are moments listening to Passenger that bring back childhood memories of listening to both of those.

The Amazon Download album included several acoustic versions of some of the songs.

All The Little Lights
All The Little Lights by Passenger (Audio CD - 2012)